Transplanting 20 valve into Corolla FWD, what's needed?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

EE90-R

Hi guys, I'm new here. I recently acquired a Corolla(the '87-'92 type) after being "poisoned" by my friends.

Anyway... a friend of mine has a set of Silvertop engine + gearbox for sale coz he's going for BT 6-speed i think.

Ok.. since I'm not getting a full half cut, I was wondering, if I only have the engine + gearbox(like a full assembled piece), if I only have the engine wiring and matching ECU, would the thing work inside my car, what other wiring are involved? I usually hear engine wiring, then got what air-cond wiring and what meter wiring, so if only engine wiring, would it work? Of coz i know la.. whole set would be easier but if engine wiring only would a good and experienced mechanic be able to wire the whole set into the car and make it work decently with minimal faults?

Thanks a lot!

ur fren give u FOC?? else i suggest u to buy a halfcut since 20v svt halfcut not tat expensive as compare to bt...less headache...my 2cents...

Can be considered as FOC, that's why I'm willing to try out. 20v SVT halfcut is still quite expensive or maybe I don't know where to find, last time I know got those going for RM1.8k or RM2k only(when my friend bought his) but it seems nowadays all also RM2.5k and above.

if your fren is getting a full half cut, then all the svt wiring is no use to him, take out all the dash board, engine and lighting wiring and put in your car loh... must get the full air-con system also coz svt is running digital air-con... if not sure very head-ache one... coz svt is known to have ecu "kong" is wiring is not done properly..

to save u some trouble, u can use some items from his half cut and put in your car, if the item is identical... then ok already loh.... just pay more for labour and take more time....

cheers bro..

ya.... if he's getting a 1/2 cut, his recent car innards should be useless (ECU, harness, dashboard, meter) - except his new 1/2 cut dun hv any of the parts la...

it's like he's selling/giving his car's 1/2 cut to you without the body.

my experience, EE100 2E 1.3l change to 4age 20 6spd cost me up to RM2.5k (transplant only).

Unfortunately he already done the transplant long time ago, just that the old engine + gearbox + engine wiring + AFM + ECU(still with sockets) is still around so he thought just give it to me to drop into my car.

I've seen some AE92 which is still still using stock dashboard and aircond running SVT before wor... no way to rojak with the stock wiring? Or maybe need to at least get the JDM AE92 meter?

Any sifu who has knowledge of whether it can be done by experienced mechanics?

what dashboard is he using when he still use the SVT?
if he still using the same one, i think you should get the same one chop shop,
so the wiring wouldn't too complex.

when you got everything, just find foreman and wiring man and they'll pasang everything for you.

but if you still wanna use your dashboard, you just need wiring sifu to do the job.
correct me if i'm wrong guys.

agree with bro cybtech, coz if u wan to use back the ori dashboard, then have to kahwin the meter and the aircon wiring, coz when i was converting my ae101 to bt 6 speed, i use back ae101 dash and gatal gatal go and use the carib ae111 meter.(coz beautiful mah)... but speed sensor at the gearbox not same, so no speed reading n no speed cut.hehe....( coz dunno how fast i was going...) luckily my fren bought a 6 speed carib gearbox and swap the speed sensor with me... these are things u need to pay attention to...

put it simple, if u dunwan any problem, then change dashboard, preferable svt / bt one... then gurantee no prob, but if u wan to save money, somethings might pop up and u have to spend time looking for some rare and difficult to find parts..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom