Toyota Yaris Is Coming To Town??!!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
damn!!! been waiting for this car for so darn long... and finally it's here... but still have to wait again... coz out of budget... sigh...

Here it is..hehe..
DSC00281.JPG

in australia its called the echo...most of the drivers are fat ladies, grandmothers and girls who just got their license. rofl.

another smart car? lolz...

ixeo said:
in australia its called the echo...most of the drivers are fat ladies, grandmothers and girls who just got their license. rofl.

Toyota Echo is Toyota Echo..
Toyota Yaris is Toyota Yaris..
both are different cars...
but with quite similar characteristics..

and NOW in Australia there's a Sedan model of the Toyota Yaris..

Cheers..

cool , i heard my friend say it will launch at next 2 week

izzit? i tot i saw one on the road today... maybe i'm too blur... its juz a myvi maybe... *winky*

juniorkirk said:
izzit? i tot i saw one on the road today... maybe i'm too blur... its juz a myvi maybe... *winky*

Toyota using 1 Yaris to test on the road?

really no idea... lolz...

Yaris =Echo =Vitzs
this model come out more than 5 year old!
its god damn cute car..... my previous pc was stolen if not i can show u guys my friend fully modifield Vits, white colour with red silver interior!!!!

Nebermind if bo lui..go to their showroom and test drive for free.. syok-syok abit lor...

The new Toyota Yaris have been open for booking since end of Jan 2006. The prices are roughly estimated from my cousin working in UMW Toyota.

There's 2 specs of Yaris which gonna be launched into our M'sian market. The basic G spec Yaris is going for RM 98K+ & for the higher V spec Yaris fitted with original Toyota aerokits r going for RM 115K+. Both r fitted with 1.5L VVTi engine, the same as Vios & the engine output is slightly tuned for better response. There will be 5 to 6 colors choices for Yaris & yes, it's launched by Toyota to compete with Honda Jazz.

The whole car is CBU imported into M'sia from the manufacturing plant in Thailand. The spare parts for both Vios & Yaris is very competitive indeed! Check it out at the nearest UMW Toyota showroom aard this whole week!

TitanRev, if i'm not mistaken..... i saw ur car parked in Jusco S2 last Saturday ard 11.15pm when i was heading out from the carpark after a movie show there. I saw the bomberman sticker on ur front windscreen, sticked on the top-right side.

I think i know who u r as my fiancee younger sister is one of ur sister's classmates. Last time u owned a Hyundai Atos, silver colored rite...... still keeping the car till now. I remembered the Defi meters fitted in ur Atos! Muahahahaa.......

sPoOn3838 said:
Yaris =Echo =Vitzs
this model come out more than 5 year old!
its god damn cute car..... my previous pc was stolen if not i can show u guys my friend fully modifield Vits, white colour with red silver interior!!!!

Vitz = japan & some markets
Yaris = europe & some markets

FYI revision of both these models are already out

the only thing i hate about this car is the location of the speedometer, like vios. Put at the driver side better

I think they did mention that so it will not distract the driver and also allow better view infront for the driver... Which also means it's not built for performance purpose as the driver will need to turn the head to the side to view the rev/speed/whatever meter there... correct me if I'm wrong...

Nope, think again.

NVM, it is all about the angle of sight. Our horizontal vision is wider compared to ur vertical vision. So, if the dials is to the side, like in the Vios I can look at it and still have decent view of the road. Compared to the traditional layout where you have to look down and basically lose sight of the road for that brief moment.

That said, not many people like the central position, maybe because they've got used to the traditional layout. Anyhow, Honda has done a brilliant job with the dash inside the new Civic. Short of a full on HUD, its double decker layout works the best at solving this problem.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom