Toyota fortuner

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
a bit offtopic,

when I first saw the brochure, I thoguht it reads For Tuner. :biggrin:

Anyways, I think it's just gonna be a Prado replacement. Nothing much to be excited about. I don't think it can go off road and driving it around big cities like KL would just cause more congestion. So please, refrain from buying this kind of vehicles when you're driving alone and mostly in the city.(yes this goes to those smug murano and X cars driver out there).

In case you think I'm anti-suv, I do drive a Land Cruiser. But that's when I'm back in Sabah. My dad got it so he can use it to visit his ladang, and to those that have driven intercity in Sabah you would appreciate a vehicle like that as well

For the price UMWT is charging, rather go for Freelander or X-Trail. Or better yet...Forester; now THAT is a car FOR TUNER. :biggrin:

2.7, full time 4wd. see those big tyre...- go anywhere anytime.

it isnt prado replacement, prado replacement already appeared couple of years ago... but as fortuner enjoys huge tax savings due to its ASEAN car status, UMWT think why dont bring it in just to make sure they get some share in 4wd segment.

it wont sell like hot cakes, but there must be some buyer though. toyota are already enjoying good sales since 2001 with altis, camry, unser, avanza and vios. last 2 years their management level staff got 8 months bonus. he he normal level staff under union got 4-5 months.

Last edited:
so how much is a Fortuner anyways?

about the prado, they never did replace it. the new one they introduced a few years back is the same one we had all along. think of it as a facelifted version.

But then again, I might be wrong.

fortuner is about 160k++..if not mistaken for 2.7 i heard got 2.0 version. must be cheaper but dunno whether underpower or not.

yeah, in year 2000 the RZJ95 and LK95 prado were facelifted. RZJ95 remained but then available with auto tranny. but 2.8 diesel LJ95 gave way to KZJ95 3.0 turbodiesel.

if wanna see how new prado looks like, shud surf hong kong or uk toyota website. and maybe taiwan and japanese.

prado is not easy to sell since early 2000. the twin cab jeep had overtaken the market by storm. which explains toyota rushing out with hilux sr and now all new hilux.

Thanks. you work for toyota or something?

The way I see it, it's more of a competitor with the Ford Escape. Any other paralel comparisons? Coz the X-trail is smaller, so is the C-RV and Freelander. Oh yeah, the Cherokee.

So how do they compare in your opinion?

my mom is getting it...last time she booked the Inova which looks not bad from the catalogue but in real...YUCKS....

so now switch 2 Fortuner edi

Do all 3 of Toyota's latest cars (Hilux, Innova and now Fortuner) share the same platform? Somehow or rather I came up with such a thought...or am I just a fucking idiot?

si|verfish said:
Do all 3 of Toyota's latest cars (Hilux, Innova and now Fortuner) share the same platform? Somehow or rather I came up with such a thought...or am I just a fucking idiot?

i think so.. it's from the IMV platform or something

u guys wanna hear my comment about tis car..??
tis car is great... my dad last 2 month went thailand n saw tis car. they 1st laucnh in thailand... in thailand they sell lik RM120k in malaysia dollar...but when malaysia launch i though it only lik 160k but came out 180k too expensive n doesn't worth... i heard bcos of naza sorento will no ppl buy is de prive for tis fortuner is 160k.. so de goverment de it high.... my dad cancel de deposit n dun wan take de car... doesn't worth to buy ... too expensive.....

ModMaestro said:
Thanks. you work for toyota or something?

The way I see it, it's more of a competitor with the Ford Escape. Any other paralel comparisons? Coz the X-trail is smaller, so is the C-RV and Freelander. Oh yeah, the Cherokee.

So how do they compare in your opinion?
work for toyota? i was an employee once. now no more.

SUVs are actually a very wide range market.

which explains why Toyota has the original Land Cruiser then grown up into Landcruiser II and later on in 90s became the Prado (or Colorado in certain market).
this is the most competitive market segment with Mitsubishi (Pajero aka Shogun), Isuzu (Trooper) and Land Rover Discovery trying to outsell one another.
Opel/Vauxhall came up with Frontera, while Nissan had the Terrano and Ford had Maverick (just a rebadged Terano)

they also found out there's market on the high end which Range Rover was the sole model available to cater. Toyota answered with the big Land Cruiser aka Ninja Turtle. its 4.2 diesel may sound slow but certainly has the GO with 4wd selectable at ur finger (by switch) and this was back in mid 90s. the updated Land Cruiser came in late 90s with V8 engines known as Cygnus (in come market its known as LC Amazon) and also known as Lexus LX series. latest pajero V44w if not mistaken which retails at nearly half million ringgit tries to steal some of its market as well as Nissan ugly Patrol.

Daihatsu and Suzuki created a small jeep market in late 80s with Feroza and Vitara (both 1.6) Toyota went one step higher with the 2.0 RAV4 (means Recreation Activity Vehicle permanent 4WD) in 1992. Honda answered in 1996 with CRV (comfortable Roundabout vehicle) and HRV in 1998. Mitsibishi produced a pajero in smaller scale known as Pajero i.o (pronounced as eeo) also known as Shogun Pinin. Even Land Rover was interested in small jeep (after that called SUV or Sports Utility Vehicles). The baby Landy was called Freelander.

i can say there are three main categories in jeep segment. but there always will be a unique jeep trying to eat a bigger share of the cake.

for example toyota's own Hilux Surf (other than Fortuner of coz), the all popular now sports SUV like BMW X5, X3 and Porsche Cayenne and from the orientals Hyundai Santa Fe, Hyundai Tuscon, Kia Sportage, Kia Sorento and Nissan XTrail .

Subaru Forester is actually a wagon and not a jeep. but it does come with all wheel drive as part of subaru specialty. imprezas, legacy (and outback), forester and even R2 have 4WD spec each.

and yes, Fortuner, Innova, Avanza, Hilux (and one more model i forgotten) are all designed using similar platform to save costs in terms of design, manufacture and production.

I think Avanza doesn't share the same platform as Hilux/Innova/Fortuner. It shares the same platform as Vios I think, because the dimensions are pretty similar.

jasonnn said:
I think Avanza doesn't share the same platform as Hilux/Innova/Fortuner. It shares the same platform as Vios I think, because the dimensions are pretty similar.

yeah, Vios is the other ASEAN model, part of 5 vehicles line up of IMV. all intended for asean market.

Vios or previously known as Soluna is not available anywhere else in the world. even in japan. he he..sub standard i think.

they all share similar platform, modified to suit each design requirement. the inforamtion is from Toyota.

yyap2 said:
u guys wanna hear my comment about tis car..??
tis car is great... my dad last 2 month went thailand n saw tis car. they 1st laucnh in thailand... in thailand they sell lik RM120k in malaysia dollar...but when malaysia launch i though it only lik 160k but came out 180k too expensive n doesn't worth... i heard bcos of naza sorento will no ppl buy is de prive for tis fortuner is 160k.. so de goverment de it high.... my dad cancel de deposit n dun wan take de car... doesn't worth to buy ... too expensive.....
eh yap...can cancel meh...my mom book innova n say cannot transfer name 2 other ppl o take back deposit...tats y take fortuner instead of innova

better than buying overpriced RAV4 la...i saw the 0-100 is less than 10sec, so it should be fun to drive. can outrun stock wira anyttime..heheh..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom