Toyota 4K engine on BIKE CARBS.

markmystery147

Nov 8, 2011
Sabah
Hello guys, need advice from sifu's here.

I've got a friend who wants to mod his super duper STOCK 4k engine in his Corolla KE70.

I advised him already on swapping the engine with a 4age, particularly silvertop or blacktop.
But due to his budget, he can't. so just sticking with his 4k engine.

And now he plans on going BIKE CARBS, because weber is just damn expensive!! not to mention a monster of FC. any ideas on how to do it? if so, what bike carbs is suitable for it? Cheapest one? and what is needed for this awesome mod to work?

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
i think better u use 4G15 carb..

many have use it b4 without problem.. including me :biggrin:

4K engine is a 1.3L.. if use 1.5L carb, better power.. but FC a bit high.. need to find a good tuner to lower the FC..

bike carbs how many cc?

markmystery147

Nov 8, 2011
Sabah
just 600cc bike carbs, wondering if using smaller bike carbs reducing fuel consumption :p

proton's carbs? been there done that, FC's a b!tch, then back to standard carbs.

Now he's trying to do an experiment a new setup and that's bike carbs :)

aHLengChai: wah, the carbs for that bike is just to EXPENSIVE woh, hahaha~

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
Think it has been done before! but not with 4K.
Jap version of Weber was Mikuni but they were using individual 1 carb per cylinder.Synchronizing the throttle will be a bitch!
Also try Keihin but dont think this mod will be any cheaper nor lower FC.

markmystery147

Nov 8, 2011
Sabah
oh really? what engine then? :'(

how much for the carbs? sounds like ITB (4throttle) on 4age 20v Blacktop.

so FC's will be the same bitch as weber?

DAMN~

Katsumoto

Nov 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
mikuni or keihin for japanese ....

keihin fcr is more easy to tune because it can stack up to 4 carb for synchronization
you can look for the carb at old model honda bikes , in the old days it use kehin carbs ...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
how bout 4G13?

never heard people using it.. but i think its feasible

:biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
ok..first thing first....

he wants fuel consumption or want powerr???

can't get both with carbie engine....

if want good FC then go for nissan vannete carb..the best 1.3/1.5 carbie choice...even mini cooper sometime resolve to that carb.....

if want power yet ceap sure can opt for bike's carb...... for 1.3/1.5 engine i suggest atleast u need to use 28mm-32mm carb size....take example for 28mm carb with power jet cheap yet reliable and easy to obtain repair kit was from uma racing 28mm carb.....price would be around rm240/pcs without jetting kit...jetting kit 1box of mainjet would be rm70....multiple all by 4 unit and include all the adaptor flange custom job....i wonder how much it would cost...

another problem is did he have time and passion to tune the carbs???

markmystery147

Nov 8, 2011
Sabah
mikuni and keihin? is it good?

wow, sounds like a start.

wah? that expensive?! rm240 per pcs? multiply by 4+rm280+labour costs, okay......

rm1K+++

tuning, it is hard?
:sad:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yesterday, Petronas announced two mega projects - to supply gas to China (not relevant) and to supply E01 to Chinese automakers!

This is interesting. The engine is said to be design as the end product of their direct involvement with the Sauber team in Formula 1. The engine variants are from 1.8, 2.0, and 2.2. Well. this really sounds very good!

Currently I still Googgling around the technical data of the E01 and its specs and how would it can be used by our very own Proton. It is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience