Tire Price list Zth

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Guys, I just bought new tires for my ride..GY D5 for front & GY Asy2 for rear..I just wanna ask ur opinion since my ride is FR and i though i should run GY asy2 for rear since i need more grip on d back & also can swap front tire after used later since D5 is symmetry and didn't have inside/outside fixed..but my friend told me that i should use D5 at rear & Asy2 at front since asymmetric tire outside design for cornering which is contribute a lot for front wheel..
do u think i should change my setting r stay with mine now..sorry for my lack of knowledge..:banghead:

Hmm probably should've just chosen the Asy2 for all 4 so it's easier for tire rotation. Anyway I'm also not sure which is better in your case. Your current setup may also be the right one since directional tires can be better in terms of wet grip and steering response. If you look at cars which use such combination of tires like the Lambo Murcielago, the directional tires are at the front while asymetric ones at the back. But of course each car is different so I guess maybe up to what is the current handling of your car and which one feels better for you. Best if you try both setup and decide since it's not too trouble some to rotate them anyway.

Hmm probably should've just chosen the Asy2 for all 4 so it's easier for tire rotation. Anyway I'm also not sure which is better in your case. Your current setup may also be the right one since directional tires can be better in terms of wet grip and steering response. If you look at cars which use such combination of tires like the Lambo Murcielago, the directional tires are at the front while asymetric ones at the back. But of course each car is different so I guess maybe up to what is the current handling of your car and which one feels better for you. Best if you try both setup and decide since it's not too trouble some to rotate them anyway.

Thanks fr d advice..n myb i`ll try as u said to try both set up later..nice idea!!:biggrin:
Its too expensive to buy 4 assy2..ckup2 budjet j bro..huhu
So far as i running this set up everything feel great, i can feel the grip improve a lot especially during cornering but still early to judge..

btw below is d price list during my survey(abt 5 shops) last time at kulim area for reference:
215/45/17
Good Year Assy 2 rm500
Good Year D5 rm400
Michelin PS3 rm530
Hankook V12 Evo rm370
Federal 595 Evo rm350

Guys, I just bought new tires for my ride..GY D5 for front & GY Asy2 for rear..I just wanna ask ur opinion since my ride is FR and i though i should run GY asy2 for rear since i need more grip on d back & also can swap front tire after used later since D5 is symmetry and didn't have inside/outside fixed..but my friend told me that i should use D5 at rear & Asy2 at front since asymmetric tire outside design for cornering which is contribute a lot for front wheel..
do u think i should change my setting r stay with mine now..sorry for my lack of knowledge..:banghead:

Firstly, the GY-F1D5 are directional tyres not symmetric. If flip inside out, must change sides also.
As mentioned by bro. guest, why not use 4 tyres of similar pattern, either 4 D5 or 4 Asy2.
Both the tyres are pretty good performers, with Asy2 with slight edge over D5. I would keep the D5 in front, finish them off then change another 2 Asy2.
But if you are running very negative camber, then might as well keep all to D5....

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

bro TR, the size comes only for 17" and above?

In their website, ATR2 shows from 17" up.....

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Hello to all ZTH forummers

Just sharing info after changing new set of rubbers for my mom's Myvi

195/55R15
Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max - RM225 SLWH Tayar Trading Seremban (Nov 12) include B+A

Perhaps a good reference to other forummers especially from Seremban, other choices from the same shop

195/55R15
Michelin PS3 - RM300 :banghead:
Michelin XM2 - RM260
Yokohama A.Drive - RM210
Yokohama C.Drive 2 - RM240
Goodyear F1 Directional 5 - RM260

Selected Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max due to more attractive price for comfort tires compared to Michelin XM2 :fisheye:

I would say good choice. Fuel Max same range as XM2, but being Michelin always higher price.
PS3 and F1D5 are performance range

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

By the way, anyone here knows where can get Yokohama Advan dB for size 195/55/R15 ?

In Yoko AU site, the Advan dB is available in this size :confused:

Depends whether the local distributors brings in or not.....

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Not only for Lambo, but most super car using super wide tyres. Directional are said to be better in the wet, for aquaplaning resistance, so they put directional in front to clear water for the rear asymmetric tyres. Pirelli have the P zero system model for this, no need to mix and match....

P ZERO

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Thanks fr d advice..n myb i`ll try as u said to try both set up later..nice idea!!:biggrin:
Its too expensive to buy 4 assy2..ckup2 budjet j bro..huhu
So far as i running this set up everything feel great, i can feel the grip improve a lot especially during cornering but still early to judge..

btw below is d price list during my survey(abt 5 shops) last time at kulim area for reference:
215/45/17
Good Year Assy 2 rm500
Good Year D5 rm400
Michelin PS3 rm530
Hankook V12 Evo rm370
Federal 595 Evo rm350

GY a bit higher price there. Klang valley is RM460 for Asy2 and RM360 for D5

Firstly, the GY-F1D5 are directional tyres not symmetric. If flip inside out, must change sides also.
As mentioned by bro. guest, why not use 4 tyres of similar pattern, either 4 D5 or 4 Asy2.
Both the tyres are pretty good performers, with Asy2 with slight edge over D5. I would keep the D5 in front, finish them off then change another 2 Asy2.
But if you are running very negative camber, then might as well keep all to D5....

Why is that so?

Some myvi owners that i seen recently...kinda rich in terms of spending on tyres...

cars tyres are like this at the rear...on normal road and not for track use?

NegativeCamber.jpg

Some myvi owners that i seen recently...kinda rich in terms of spending on tyres...

cars tyres are like this at the rear...on normal road and not for track use?

even as one of myvi owners, i'm in awwwww :hmmmm:

seen this rear tyre setup in other cars as well, any pros & cons?

Why is that so?

If running very negative camber, the wear will be on the inside shoulder of the tyres. If you have asymmetric pattern tyres you cannot flip them inside out, but if directional like F1 D5 you can flip them and change side, meaning after flipping them inside out, exchange them from left side to right side, therefore the directional pattern will still point forward....

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

Pros: absolutely none!
Cons: everything!

Exactly, and wonder what happens if carry heavy load?.....:hmmmm::biggrin:

even as one of myvi owners, i'm in awwwww :hmmmm:

seen this rear tyre setup in other cars as well, any pros & cons?
No idea, that's why wanted to ask our sifu vr2turbo on tyres hehe!

If running very negative camber, the wear will be on the inside shoulder of the tyres. If you have asymmetric pattern tyres you cannot flip them inside out, but if directional like F1 D5 you can flip them and change side, meaning after flipping them inside out, exchange them from left side to right side, therefore the directional pattern will still point forward....

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

Exactly, and wonder what happens if carry heavy load?.....:hmmmm::biggrin:

That's what I was thinking, how does it help handling when you only have the rear cambers on negative settings...too much of Japan VIP Style negative camber style influence...

I only saw once a Myvi with all 4 tyres on that kind of negative camber settings..Both of these
I saw at Jalan Duta...So, we are guessing they are using directional tyres...:smile:

No idea, that's why wanted to ask our sifu vr2turbo on tyres hehe!

That's what I was thinking, how does it help handling when you only have the rear cambers on negative settings...too much of Japan VIP Style negative camber style influence...

I only saw once a Myvi with all 4 tyres on that kind of negative camber settings..Both of these
I saw at Jalan Duta...So, we are guessing they are using directional tyres...:smile:

Bro., they could be loaded and can change tyres like changing under wear?:hmmmm::biggrin:
What I know for normal road use up to 1.5 degree negative is very high already and those using this setup are already cornering kakis. Track play they use up to 3 degree, negative.
The jokers doing that in the pic, just killing the tyres, that is all......:banghead:

The other thing I see why they are doing it, is they want to have super low profile, so to achieve this the tyres bend in would not scrub the fender......heh! heh!

Last edited:
Bro., they could be loaded and can change tyres like changing under wear?:hmmmm::biggrin:
What I know for normal road use up to 1.5 degree negative is very high already and those using this setup are already cornering kakis. Track play they use up to 3 degree, negative.
The jokers doing that in the pic, just killing the tyres, that is all......:banghead:

The other thing I see why they are doing it, is they want to have super low profile, so to achieve this the tyres bend in would not scrub the fender......heh! heh!

Not bad ma, own a myvi due to budget constrain/save more money but can spend lots on tyres? :hmmmm2: :biggrin:

Might as well use the money for better mods la...or car...:banghead:

Well maybe they still think their cars are like Tamiya toys, or fashion models on runways! Anyway for people like that, you just would not understand what weird things going on in their brain lah, so don't need to bother, just laugh at them when you see one! Take it as amusement. :biggrin:

Well maybe they still think their cars are like Tamiya toys, or fashion models on runways! Anyway for people like that, you just would not understand what weird things going on in their brain lah, so don't need to bother, just laugh at them when you see one! Take it as amusement. :biggrin:

Ya, was sleepy during a midnight drive back home...saw that funny myvi, suddenly I felt awake...
:rofl:

(How stupid is that fellow...said to myself seriously...):stupid:

Not bad ma, own a myvi due to budget constrain/save more money but can spend lots on tyres? :hmmmm2: :biggrin:

Might as well use the money for better mods la...or car...:banghead:

Can be many reasons:-
Car bought by parents.
Want to be different for the rest of Myvi's (Too many on the road) :biggrin:

Saw a savvy on highway with that kind of camber, i was laughing loud... haha... when i wan to take foto from behind he full throttle away n move to the side to let me pass...

Saw a savvy on highway with that kind of camber, i was laughing loud... haha... when i wan to take foto from behind he full throttle away n move to the side to let me pass...

If not mistaken, Savvy's one after sometime automatically goes negative. Not like the one in the pic, but will be negative, seen quite a few.....

If not mistaken, Savvy's one after sometime automatically goes negative. Not like the one in the pic, but will be negative, seen quite a few.....

The 1 i saw was exactly like the pic, almost 45 degree...:stupid:

I saw a few times some Wiras fully loaded with passengers, rear cambers can be clearly seen very negative!

Y, the Myvi's that i saw also is 45 degrees +-...but I know a friend who did that to his Smart for 2...
Well, he say handling was superb but he is loaded so nvm...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom