Tire Price list Zth

Tek Ming Sunway price as of 18/04/2012.

215/45/17
Yokohama S Drive - Japan - RM430
Yokohama C Drive 2 - Philippines - RM340
Hankook Ventus V12 Evo - RM360 (No Stock)
Toyo T1R - Japan - RM420
Falken 522 - RM270

Any comments on Yoko C Drive 2.... looking to change may be today or tomorrow

C-Drive 2 are comfort performance tyres. Comfort and aquaplaning resistance are good. Dry traction also good. Wet traction average.
For 215/45R17, if into more performance and budget price can look at Hankook V12Evo or Nexen N8000

C-Drive 2 are comfort performance tyres. Comfort and aquaplaning resistance are good. Dry traction also good. Wet traction average.
For 215/45R17, if into more performance and budget price can look at Hankook V12Evo or Nexen N8000

thanks bro....My first choice was actually Hankook V12 but there were out of stock.... do u know any other shops selling Hankook....

Auto City Tyres in Section 15 Shah Alam, Tel: 5523 0788 Alvin Lam (Choi)

There is another in Taman Maju Jaya, off New Pantai Expressway. Can see the shop from NPE highway. Don't have their contact....

Auto City Tyres in Section 15 Shah Alam, Tel: 5523 0788 Alvin Lam (Choi)

There is another in Taman Maju Jaya, off New Pantai Expressway. Can see the shop from NPE highway. Don't have their contact....

Thanks bro.. this is good enuf....

Just changed new wheels with Hankook v12 evo today... 205 40 R17.. Price was rm330 per piece... Location at Klang...

So finally Tek Ming have stock and cheaper then Klang some more......:driver:

Ya... looks like for this case they are cheaper than Klang. They have V12 for 205/40/17 but not for 215/45/17.... coz my front is 205/40 and back is 215/45 :)

Ya... looks like for this case they are cheaper than Klang. They have V12 for 205/40/17 but not for 215/45/17.... coz my front is 205/40 and back is 215/45 :)

Why are you running on this setup? Are you on RWD? If not, running in this setup you cannot rotate your tyres.

Why are you running on this setup? Are you on RWD? If not, running in this setup you cannot rotate your tyres.
Nope it was like this when i bought the car :driver: so i just follow this setup.
Anyhow I've change my back tires to C-drive 2 as the price for V12 in other shops are over RM400 and thats over my budget and moreover I'm planning to sell my car soon.:biggrin:

205/40/17 - Hankook V12 - RM310 - Tek Ming Sunway

wow rm20 cheaper per tyre.. but i check at rawang. most shops sell at 340 and 350 only for 205/40/R17.. so the klang price was the cheapest.. looks like at sunway is much more cheaper...

when must we rotate the tires?

But in Tek Ming, we must trade in our old tires, they don't care about the tire condition. Mine was long expired - year 2005 tires.. hehehe

wow rm20 cheaper per tyre.. but i check at rawang. most shops sell at 340 and 350 only for 205/40/R17.. so the klang price was the cheapest.. looks like at sunway is much more cheaper...

when must we rotate the tires?

Tek Ming is one of the top Hankook dealer even though now with Silverstone signboard.
Rawang used to be cheap, but lately many have also mentioned prices have gone up.
For Klang, if not mistaken the dealers do not deal much in Hankook, that is why not as cheap. For other brands, so far seems Klang still the cheapest.

For FWD car the front wheel wear faster. If doing 4 tyre change, tyres are rotated between the front and rears for uniform and even wear, so that they can change all 4 tyres at one go.

For 2 tyre change, the front will finish first, that is why recommend to put the new tyres in the rear and old tyres to the front to be worn off.
If you fit new tyres in front, the new ones will still wear out first. You can practically wear out maybe 4 to 5 pair in the front before the rear ones wear out and that will be too long and the rear tyres compound will harden and start to crack and loose traction.
That is why you need to rotate your tyres.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

But in Tek Ming, we must trade in our old tires, they don't care about the tire condition. Mine was long expired - year 2005 tires.. hehehe

As mentioned that is marketing tactic only. If queried why so cheap, can say minus trade in tyres.....

i did read in 1 forum that new tires should be fixed at back... and they gave explanation on why.. but forgot where i read tat... Michelin tire tips i guess.. maybe next time when want to change my tires, can try at sunway.. see what price they offer.. coz i think i might stick with Hankook V12..

you have knowledge on lowered spring bro? so many brands around and makes it so hard 2 choose the good 1.. each shops tell the brand they have is the best.. haizzz.... susah loo... so far came across GAB, Eibach, Hotbits, APM, Improve, and a few more couldn't remember their names.. it looking for sporty look and wish to have comfort.. :driver:

i did read in 1 forum that new tires should be fixed at back... and they gave explanation on why.. but forgot where i read tat... Michelin tire tips i guess.. maybe next time when want to change my tires, can try at sunway.. see what price they offer.. coz i think i might stick with Hankook V12..

you have knowledge on lowered spring bro? so many brands around and makes it so hard 2 choose the good 1.. each shops tell the brand they have is the best.. haizzz.... susah loo... so far came across GAB, Eibach, Hotbits, APM, Improve, and a few more couldn't remember their names.. it looking for sporty look and wish to have comfort.. :driver:

It is recommend by Michelin, GY and even Tire rack. If front less thread pattern and if loose traction (under steer), slowing down and can be controlled. If rear less pattern and loose traction (Over steer) very hard to control.
Check with your car club/model and ask in that forum what suspension is good. As you mentioned got many brands, therefore I can say, you will get reply saying this is good and that is good and you will further be more confused.
As far as I know, have done some lowering in earlier days, you cannot have comfort if the ride is lowered. You suspension travel is already less, and to prevent bottom out, the lowered springs used are harden or added spring rate, so sure the ride will be bumpier. Maybe getting those that can tune the spring and oil damping rate ones, then you have more option....

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Best price for 215/45/17
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2
Michelin ps3

at which shop?

Try the shops in Jalan Kapar, Klang. If too far then try Hup Shun in Sunway

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom