Timing belt

MAAN PV6

Nov 21, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi V6 sifus
, im drivivg V6 year 2008, having noise around timing belt area, when i touch the timing belt cover can feel a kind of vibration, my car clocked 610981km, and is that because of timing belt or ??????

MAAN PV6

Nov 21, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi bro, thanks.. i planned to do a major service in another 10000km, and can i still run in tiz condition? and can i know y do tiz happen? and is it normal for v6? and if the pulley got problem how can i identify tat? need advise,thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

bro, since im new to v6, few questions to ask, plz recommend me
1) engine oil
2) gear oil
3) plug
4) timing belt
5) and my car sometimes the rpm is around 800 when ON aircond, what is the actual rpm?
thanks..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi V6 sifus
, im drivivg V6 year 2008, having noise around timing belt area, when i touch the timing belt cover can feel a kind of vibration, my car clocked 610981km, and is that because of timing belt or ??????
Since you are having this noise problem and will be having it checked out, why not do your major service at the same time. Even though timing belt have a service mileage like 70k or 80k km change, your car already 5 years old, so belt can also harden with time and especially heat....

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
bro, must get your figures right, mileage 610981km / service in another 10000km...for me its more than 2 years more to go.
u need to open the timing belt cover & run your engine again...
check where is it wobbling.

800rpm when engine is on with aircond is normal.

ronaldindin

Known Member
Jan 14, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
www.12bet.com
is it true that old timing belt need to replace every few years? mine is giving some weird sound lately, this is because of it's not lubricate enough?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
is it true that old timing belt need to replace every few years? mine is giving some weird sound lately, this is because of it's not lubricate enough?
If it is a timing BELT, there is no lubrication as it is made of rubber and any oil on it will degrade it faster. Timing belt you can change and gauge by mileage if you travel a lot (follow the recommended mileage) and if low user, better to change by period say 5 years as the rubber can harden and snap....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
my v6tt timing belt change due...already 6th year........saving up $$$ now.....scared it will snap.
I kena before in 3rd Generation Accord. Bought 2nd hand 4 years old, very good condition, SC maintained, Doctor's Car never used for outstation, that in why 4 years only 40k km on odometer. Mechanic recommend timing belt change at 60k km, so happily use first, then at around 50k km and 5 years old it snap while outstation. Funny thing is driving at 60kmh in kampung road....Lucky in a way driving slow so only damage was the belt, nothing else, but had to spend extra night outstation....:rolleyes:

MAAN PV6

Nov 21, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi sifus,
yesterday i went workshop, and the formen checked and showed me that my timing belt is not tight enough and my tension-er got prob, and i already bought the timing belt kit and water pump, and there got two tension-er bearings 5seals, and now i don't understand about the timing belt tension-er :confused: ,and is tat i need to change it to new whenever do major service? is that i need to buy it separately?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sifus,

Need some help in regards to my exhaust temp meter which i just bought......
i did not know that it works with a sensor therefore when i installed it,it currently shows the air flow of my engine.....

1)Can i know if there is any possible way for me to utilize this meter without the sensor?If yes how do i go about it?

Details are as below:

Brand:Apexi

Thanks in advance...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience