Throttle Controller-So Many In The Market now

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Everyone seems to be producing these drive by wire throttle controllers from D1 to the latest Shadow. Anyone used one? Is it worth the investment or its just a brain teaser, making you think its more powerful?

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i think the idea of it is to get better/faster response when u hit the throttle, doesn't really give u power... however, if the response is faster, it does make the car feel more powerful!

just my 2 cents

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
I agree totally. Checked out some sites on this and tried to deliberate whats the difference if i floor the throttle and give it half way with the controller.

I guess its just the subconscious feel of response as u mentioned.

Thanks.

Anyone tried one lately? Comments?

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
ETC? have power gains? i tot it oni converts cable action to electronic signals that control the throttle...

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Psychological power gains they call it i guess. But not cheap too.

one1002

Known Member
Jun 4, 2009
guess some feedback and reviews will be much appreciated..i'm also wondering about this product.. =)

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
well..i am gonna go try out the Shadow and see if it performs guys.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
read a test somewhere..difference in pick-up from 0-100 between a car with the throttle controller and without the controller, is negligible, the time u save (from the quicker response given by controller) when u r already flat-out stomping on the accel pedal is negligible

difference is only there if u r comparing acceleration with e.g. 50% open throttle

if comparing 100%, negligible difference already

like u guys already know, its just to give a a 'extra' sensation of power; which even without the controller, can be achieved with just a deeper prod of the accel pedal

X.O

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Penang
read a test somewhere..difference in pick-up from 0-100 between a car with the throttle controller and without the controller, is negligible, the time u save (from the quicker response given by controller) when u r already flat-out stomping on the accel pedal is negligible

difference is only there if u r comparing acceleration with e.g. 50% open throttle

if comparing 100%, negligible difference already

like u guys already know, its just to give a a 'extra' sensation of power; which even without the controller, can be achieved with just a deeper prod of the accel pedal
yeah agreed. same pricinple as the clucth. if you change to a racing clucth or any bigger cc clutch it has better grip hence less slip so from thr you can achieve better pick up. jusy my opinion heh

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
throttle controller is to improve throttle response... not for improve performance... if u set to extreme, u will feel the urgency of the car to urge forward... but the urgency will not last long... in other words, u wont lekat kerusi for long as u rev higher...

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
wonder if anyone tried this product?i'm interested too,yes,this product does not give u power,it helps to give more sensitive response from pedal to engine...to cut the lag i guess

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys,sifu's,frens,

i would like to know whether if i install sport seat such as recaro millenium or other brand,will the jpj's stop me?

anyway,where can i get cobra seats?

:ph34r:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience