Throttle Body Cleaning

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

B8 Turbo

Known Member
Guys,

Highly recomended for turbo cars!

The gunk built up in our thottle body, air flow meter, turbine blades, and i/c piping will serious rob the car's responsiveness. The throttle response is slower due to the build up of carbon. The turbine blades will be heavier with the carbon so spool is slower. Air/fuel mixture is not optimum thus gas mileage is bad. If gas mileage is bad we spend more $$$ on petrol.

The best solution? Buy a bottle of "Zip Decarbonizer". Remove your air filter, run the engine rpm at 3,000 and spray the Zip Decarbonizer directly into the AFM. This will clean the AFM, turbine blades, i/c piping, and throttle body. It will also clear off some of the carbon deposits in the valves. All these will exit the exhaust. Safe also.

I just did it today and the car feels sooo damn smooth. Idling is damn nice compared to before. RPM responses faster and turbo spools lighter and sooner.

Really I just experienced it today after a service. What happened to my car before was that the RPM was quite low and was getting lower. I had to adjust the screw at the throttle body side to get the RPM above 1,000. All this while, I had forgotten about the carbon built up. After this Decarbonizer thingy, my idling RPM was at 2,000. The screw had compensated too high. I then turn the screw all the way back down until I couldn't turn it and my rpm was still at 1,000.

In conclusion, turbo owners, go and do this thing about every 5,000 miles or km and enjoy your smooth ride and good gas mileage.

Directions :
Let's use Center Point McDonalds as the point of reference. McDonalds should be on your left side. Drive to the traffic light and proceed straight thru 2 of the traffic lights at that flyover. When crossing this flyover going straight, you'll notice the D'sara Toll on your right side. After passing the 2nd traffic light on that flyover bridge, drive into the housing area. Follow the curve of the road till the end is a sharp right turn. Follow the turn, go thru 2 huge bumps and then you'll see tire shop on the corner. Turn left at the tire shop and go straight 50meters, Skyzone is on the left.

Disclamer : I am by no means advertising for "Zip Decarbonizer" nor do I get any profit for this recommendation report.

Last edited:
bro...where did you buy this thing from....got pic?

sudha said:
bro...where did you buy this thing from....got pic?
My mechanic has the decarbonizer.

I'm trying to search with any spare parts shop that carries this brand.

Once I get info, I'll post here.

bro...im oso using b8...juz converted the engine...so im interested in cleaning off the carbon...how much is it??...let us knwo the brand n where to get..10q

spank,

all fuel injected cars and carburetors be it na/ turbo or supercharged come with throttle bodies.

For carbureted models, we have carburetor cleaners in fuel mixture form and also spray can form.

for fuel injected models, tb cleaners are usually in spay form.

But you have to be very careful when choosing your stuff.

remember in my earlier post i mentioned u can use carb cleaners for ur tb....well i was wrong. i just found out that carb cleaners will take away a layer film which coats the TB butterfly.

the product mentioned by B8 turbo sounds ideal but i need to see the product and its content.

hope this helped.

cheers mate.
sudha

B8 180,

how much u spray into the engine? the whole bottle ha? how is the FC after u did that?

Zip Decarbonizer

Guys,

I did it in my mechanic's place called Sky Zone in Sunway Mas.

Got 2 bottles. One is spray that spray thru your AFM. The other is liquid that my mechanic use a tube to pour into the intake manifold.

The fuel mileage is incredible!! I'm so glad now!!

10s b8 turbo....but can tell the roads name or exactly where's sunway mas...near N1 ar..??...how much to clean the throttle body leh..??..10q

Sunway Mas

9188 and others,

This Sunway Mas is not what you think. N1 is not even close to it.

Sunway Mas is actually located in Tropicana / Damansara area there.

Those who know the Jalan Damansara way going towards the D'sara toll, there is a big Sony billboard and a ramp up. It's there. Go up the ramp but stay in left side. Turn left at traffic light. Follow the winding road w/ resident houses on both sides. Follow till the end is a right turn and follow that turn. Fly thru 2 big speed bump and you'll see a Silverstone tire shop on left corner. Turn left once you see this tire shop.
Go straight and slow and look to your left side. Sky Zone. My mechanic price is Rm85 for this 2 bottle of cleaning.

His place can charge credit card w/o fee below Rm300.

carb spray NO NO!!

Sudha,

My mechanic also explained to me that carb cleaners are not meant for fuel injected cars with TB. It will damage some internal part; which one I forget. I don't think it's the film on the TB plate but they I'm not a mechanic.

This Zip Decarbonizer I'm trying to ask some spare parts shop whether they carry. Once I get some findings, I'll report. For the moment, have to go to my mechanic in Sunway Mas to do the cleaning.

I have to reiterate my disclaimer or else ppl will think otherwise. My idling is damn smooth, gas mileage is over my expectation, and turbo is more responsive due to the blades being cleaned so they become lighter.

I think nowadays especially with the inflation and high petrol prices, it is important for car owners to keep the carbon out of the engine system so as to burn the air/fuel mixture at the optimum. With Rm85 cleaning, I believe the petrol savings will come back 5 folds.

OK, enough said. Please try it and share my enthusiasm.

Last edited:
Zip Decarbonizer

Spanker,

Cars with throttle body should be highly recommended to use this Zip Decarbonizer after 2 oil changes. Cars with open pod filter i.e. HKS, K&N, Blitz, Greddy Airinx, Apexi Power filter, Simota filter etc are a must. The amount of dirt the engine sucks in is horrendous.

So NA/turbo/supercharge cars are a must. DO NOT USE CARB CLEANERS!

Since you've just converted, I highly advise you use 2 sets; meaning spray & liquid set x 2. In this way, you can rest assure your engine system is well cleaned up.

wahh....10q so much for ur effort...i'll will try to go there when me n my car settle down..now got too much things to do...10q so much
cheers

so can from skyzone la?
ah tong?

waahhh.....bruder B8...it took me almost 1hr to find this skyzone la....

The name "Sky Zone" is so small....i pusing pusing until wanna give up, lucky fade2grey saved the day! hihihihi.

Ok guys, I did the TB cleaning yesterday.

I cant update anything now cos i want to test it for a while...see consumption how.

One for sure....Throttle reponse was SUPERB!...lovely feeling man

Fuel Consumption

Sudha,

Yes please measure your fuel consumption. I'd like to know. I've noticed better mileage. Anyway, please share your experience afterwards.

Yes response indeed is better. I think after this haze has gone, I'll probably need to do it again cuz the haze carries particles that are sucked into our combustion system. Ultimately, it's bad for the engine.

I try not to boost the car since Tuesday. Today Friday the haze was much much better so I boost a lot to compensate from the 4 days of non-boost driving. Gotta feed that adrenaline of the g-force pushing your back.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom