Suspension setup for a KE70

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

JeFfReYiSpEacE

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
Hey guys,

Anyone knows where to get cheap and decent suspension setup for a KE70? Don't need super expensive stuff. Something really affordable.

Heard that Accoustic has a Titan setup, but I'm sure that's kinda expensive. Don't really want to cut the springs cause the dampers might not hold.

Going for a lower and stiffer ride. One is for the aestetic values and the other is for a better handling car with the lowered center of gravity and stiffened suspension.

Input much appreciated. Thanks!

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
I think you're asking for the impossible, if got such good deal, you think I don't want meh, purposely go spend extra money meh?

The reality is don't have.

JeFfReYiSpEacE

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
hahhhaha..... i understand now bro accoustic...

btw... is cutting the springs a good option?

JeFfReYiSpEacE

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
yaloh .. . thats the problem... but is it still safe for normal driving? if i don't go drag drag race race... which i will never be able to do in the time being with the STOCK 4K engine...

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
edmund,
front spring of KE70 same as AE86 or not? cuz see KYB the front shocks of KE70 and AE86 different code, can be interchange? btw how much eibach spring cost for ae86?

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
i check KYB catalog, says the rear absorber is the same, cuz the item code is exactly the same, but the front isn't so i dunno whether the spring can go in or not if i use shocks that fit right into KE70. sommore i've heard Ken say that the suspension of ae86 is abit too short for KE70

kenlevin86

Known Member
Dec 29, 2004
KL
www.l2tt.net
rollakid said:
i check KYB catalog, says the rear absorber is the same, cuz the item code is exactly the same, but the front isn't so i dunno whether the spring can go in or not if i use shocks that fit right into KE70. sommore i've heard Ken say that the suspension of ae86 is abit too short for KE70
ooppss. my name was mentioned here... actually if got budget.. go for the custome made like bro acoustic did to his ke70... if want economic setup.. then go for sport spring special made for ae86....

I upgrade my suspension already with ae86 sport spring for rear and hi-low adjustable front... still using kayaba (kyb) gas type absorber for rear suspension... so far better than previous setup... and can reach the top speed of 175kph on long strech road.... previously only 130kph and the setup very unstable at speed above that... now I'm happy with the setup.. spend about 1K for the upgrade...

What ever you did to the suspension... try to avoid cutting it as the spring will be unstable later.. the engineer who did the design have all the parameter before the spring go into production.. can try other same size spring from other car.. I just found out that original citroen zx front spring has the about the same size as the rear spring of ke70 /ae86... will confirm it later the diameter......

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
ken levin86 is very lucky to kau tim using 1k, not many people will be lucky.

It's not about TiTAN, it's about matching. As long as you follow this you will be fine.

front 4kg
rear 2.9kg
rear must install OEM rear stabilizer bar from old corona
front must use back KE70 original bottom bar - do not upgrade

very very neutral

install full set ultra racing bars

last time average 140 160, now 190

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
btw.. what's the main difference between monotube and twin tube? i mean beside one is monotubed and one is twintubed lar.. like pro's and con's and advantage of each one of them.

i checked kayaba catalog, didn't see monotube gas shocks for KE70, only twin tube. i wonder would it be good if i choose to use all kayaba shocks, as a minor upgrade (for now probably want the rear, its too soft). and what about rear spring? changing shocks alone won't make it alot stiffer right? need change spring together.

my right rear tire hit the fenders already, 215/50, will change to 195 or 185 next time, so won't hit.. (i've raise my rear 1" to get rid of that prob, but now i keep on getting oversteer during hard braking cornering, until i'm not suprice by it anymore, its like "oh.. it slide abit again")

JeFfReYiSpEacE

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
is it advisable to change dampers and springs in stages, i.e. as in change the rear 2 first... then the front 2... does it affect anything at all? cause no money to change all right now...

wppong

Known Member
May 31, 2004
acoustic how much uspend for ur rear absober convertion?kinda to tell my in interested in it lah...????plssplslsssplsss

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Hi guys

1st I cannot tahan have to scold some body ........... and the two idiot going to kena scolding from me is tauhu2 and rollakid, why you put all the leng lui as avatar??? you all know I don't have girl friend very cham always see leng lui cannot eat !!!! I very marah now !!!!!! you guys better find a leng lui for me or else I go over kuching wallop you all ............. put leng lui as avatar, cannot forgive ...... this is all morally unright !!!!!!!

OK lah, back to business

My whole titan suspension cost RM2.8k and I didn't do front 1st then rear later. Sure fcuk up one. If like this also don't know then I don't know what to say liao.

Same goes to chassis strengthening, like those good good package provided by ultra racing bar company. Their product is so good, again the car will fcuk up if you only concentrate upgrade on one end.

The best is always upgrade both front and rear at the same time and if no money then don't upgrade at all, because sure fcuk up one.

please please you guys please don't upgrade one end only, sure regret.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
Acoustic said:
Hi guys

1st I cannot tahan have to scold some body ........... and the two idiot going to kena scolding from me is tauhu2 and rollakid, why you put all the leng lui as avatar??? you all know I don't have girl friend very cham always see leng lui cannot eat !!!! I very marah now !!!!!! you guys better find a leng lui for me or else I go over kuching wallop you all ............. put leng lui as avatar, cannot forgive ...... this is all morally unright !!!!!!!
T^T cannot even put pics of my favourite celebrity meh? sorry to offend you or anything lor T^T, but me also single no gf mah... T^T

wppong

Known Member
May 31, 2004
ninja kinda want to ask u the way that acoustic done up his KE70 front and rear absorber and the arm everything probaly will be how much ah?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys,

do u all know how to clean the smearing of the speedometer plastic? i accidently sprayed some polishing agent (for dashboard) on it....now its smeared !!!

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience