Surprise!! I bought a hybrid!!

kennethfong

500 RPM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Following my previous post on the turbo service or further mod thread on my GSR, i've decided to install my newly bought TD04-13G-5cm2 turbine and take out my TD04HL-??-??, I couldn't make my decision to buy a new turbine or what but just now when i wanted to pasang, oh my gawd, my foreman oso pengsan, all the things cannot fit.... blardy hell, the turbine that i wanted to install has been modified with a TD05 turbine housing! and the compressor twin fin is still the standard TD04 what the hell, then straight install down pipe so my question to sifus:

1) How come now my boost is only 0.6-laar?? my previous boost was 0.7, i know it's the actuator, can i do some customization with the actuator without playing with electronic boost controller, manual boost controller or stupid fish aquarium bleeder?

2) After installation for my downpipe, the feeling was pretty powerful, the boost jumps in blink of an eye from negative to 0.5 straight, that's too much, but after that not much feeling of G force-laar? is this normal? i dun quite like the sound so thinking of putting a pipe back to exhaust, what's ur advice?

3) my foreman has a new big turbine, size of TD05 dunno what brand, i'm very scared of turbo lag, say if i install a size of TD05, and to cure this turbo lag, couldn't i just install the downpipe?? could it have cured the problem?

4) regarding my shocking hybrid turbine, is it a good setup to have 05 turbine housing with 04 compressor housing??

thank Q !

SDF,

eerh from one of my close fren (other mechanic's son) who bought this turbine for his future turbo bolt on....i oso dunno where he bought it from, did u mod this for him?

90% of all boost controllers be it manual electronic BLEEDS pressure off the wgate.

so the stupid fishtank valve aint too crappy (i use mine for few years now no prob) unless u need a fancy display and some buttons to press and show ur frens.....

3) my foreman has a new big turbine, size of TD05 dunno what brand, i'm very scared of turbo lag, say if i install a size of TD05, and to cure this turbo lag, couldn't i just install the downpipe?? could it have cured the problem?

dude...
im just gonna answer ur question on this..
what the hell? u drive a turbo....
when the turbo spins the bullshit ends!!!... what turbo lag?
thats a myth crated by plp who dont drive a turbo... hahahaha:regular_smile:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Following my previous post on the turbo service or further mod thread on my GSR, i've decided to install my newly bought TD04-13G-5cm2 turbine and take out my TD04HL-??-??, I couldn't make my decision to buy a new turbine or what but just now when i wanted to pasang, oh my gawd, my foreman oso pengsan, all the things cannot fit.... blardy hell, the turbine that i wanted to install has been modified with a TD05 turbine housing! and the compressor twin fin is still the standard TD04 what the hell, then straight install down pipe so my question to sifus:

1) How come now my boost is only 0.6-laar?? my previous boost was 0.7, i know it's the actuator, can i do some customization with the actuator without playing with electronic boost controller, manual boost controller or stupid fish aquarium bleeder?

2) After installation for my downpipe, the feeling was pretty powerful, the boost jumps in blink of an eye from negative to 0.5 straight, that's too much, but after that not much feeling of G force-laar? is this normal? i dun quite like the sound so thinking of putting a pipe back to exhaust, what's ur advice?

4) regarding my shocking hybrid turbine, is it a good setup to have 05 turbine housing with 04 compressor housing??

thank Q !

hehe i told u bro, just go for pure td05 , do u feel the lag now since ur turbine housing is td05h ? , nt so much rite, its gonna be around the same only with a full td05, the turbo that u got might be hybrid or could be a variation of the 4g61t turbo just guessing. its best u go for a td05 16g vr4rs , evo123 , all proven to give a hell for a gsr engine. the reason of u boost suddenly going up in a few seconds is cos of ur downpipe, its known as BOOST SPIKE and its common for downpipe which wasnt customized properly , thts my idea on it. y no power after that ? could be it doesnt have a good flow of exhaust.

90% of all boost controllers be it manual electronic BLEEDS pressure off the wgate.

so the stupid fishtank valve aint too crappy (i use mine for few years now no prob) unless u need a fancy display and some buttons to press and show ur frens.....

i used to use fishtank valve , bt then the accuracy n safety feature is nt there , i do use a electronic controller, u know y ? cos when boost spikes i get a warning , if the hose flys out it gives a warning , if u want to change boost level from 0.8bar to 1.6bar , just a click away ?

dude...
im just gonna answer ur question on this..
what the hell? u drive a turbo....
when the turbo spins the bullshit ends!!!... what turbo lag?
thats a myth crated by plp who dont drive a turbo... hahahaha:regular_smile:

hehe chill la bai , i know even got ppl using t04 for their gsr's :D hehehe
bt then maybe he has to try one n feel one, then he will get wht it meant by "unleash hell after spool"

bro jin,

i think i dun feel much of the G may it is due to the TD04 compressor (although it's twin blade) with the TD05 turbine ??? an unsuccessful hybrd maybe? oso i'm comparing all these from my personal experience from my previous TD04 (now lying down in front of me in the room) now only i found out my previous TD04 is the best TD04, it's a TD04HL with the highest CFM in 04 family... but too bad i saw some cracked compressor fins already during removal last nite sigh sigh sigh....

so now the boost spikes for my downpipe eerh, how to make it tuned properly hehe?

oso another question, say if i get the TD05H-14B, when can the turbo start spooling in my car? knowing the fact that 14B is smaller than 16G but i hear loads of ppl saying for a full TD05 esp 16G, the boost will only start at 3.5 to 4k rpm, that's wat i dun wan lerh, sacrificing driveability....

so which means if i wanna maintain driveability, i still need to use back the downpipe and maintain the boost spike to cure the TD05 lagginess if i were to use a real TD05 14B ??

Last edited:
jin,

forgot to tell u the new turbine that my foreman has is made from US, the brand is hypergear, model is TR44, same size as TD05 turbine but he told me will be very lag on my car coz this turbine is developed for SR20DET, RB20DET, RB25DET, 1JZ or 2JZ or most 2 litre turboes....

Last edited:
jin,

i've order HKS EVS V, should arrive in penang by mon or tues, so i'll further decide whether to get a true TD05 14B with all the help i need to reduce lag, my megasquirt and the EVC.....wanna up boost to one bar with this snail first....

kenneth,
how much is he selling to u the hypergear 14b?

y dont u just take the original evo turbine (td05h) itself?
it will be just nice for the car..
if u wanna compare it, i think tdo5h have the edge..
spooling will start in the early 3k's (3000 - 3200), not even 4k's... y worry?
u can boost up to 1.5b with ur engine, provided it is tuned properly..

my advise is not to use the turbo from vr4's..

kenneth,
how much is he selling to u the hypergear 14b?

y dont u just take the original evo turbine (td05h) itself?
it will be just nice for the car..
if u wanna compare it, i think tdo5h have the edge..
spooling will start in the early 3k's (3000 - 3200), not even 4k's... y worry?
u can boost up to 1.5b with ur engine, provided it is tuned properly..

my advise is not to use the turbo from vr4's..

dont bro , its nt good , dnt laaa baiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii , hypergear is nt good for u
p/s : keneth :P wht ths price of the hyper lolx

yeah i do suggest the evo td05h terus
with a nice tune up of ur squirt it will be alrite :)
u can smile after boost

bro jin, bro kriminal,

the hypergear is sold at RM 1.9K new, but not inclusive of pasang, coz pasang will need custom mod to the up pipe down pipe, so expect few more hundreds...

well sorry to say, after consulting my fren from KL (AlurcarD), he told me his GSR install TD05 will be very lag and not nice to drive, ahehe, maybe thinking of putting twincharger, either sequential turbos, one big one small two snails, or supercharger at low, turbo at high, will be the best setup....

my EVC just arrived, will go pasang after work, another 1 hour to go!!!

bro jin, bro kriminal,

the hypergear is sold at RM 1.9K new, but not inclusive of pasang, coz pasang will need custom mod to the up pipe down pipe, so expect few more hundreds...

well sorry to say, after consulting my fren from KL (AlurcarD), he told me his GSR install TD05 will be very lag and not nice to drive, ahehe, maybe thinking of putting twincharger, either sequential turbos, one big one small two snails, or supercharger at low, turbo at high, will be the best setup....

my EVC just arrived, will go pasang after work, another 1 hour to go!!!

bro bt alucard isnt running a standalone rite ?
if u insist on twincharger i got a better idea with that budget
a gt28rs, if u want cheaper ballbearing solution then t28 bb from s15 or from r34 gtr

for me i dont feel that the lag is that bad
4g61 khoyos was running with a td05 , seemed nice

ur right bro alucard is not running a standalone, but i think even with standalone, it'll only help a lil plus a lil fuel hungry even at the low rpms....

waah never knew S15 runs a stock BB !! was searching out for later Subaru IHI VF series BB turboes these few days, but still havent seen anyone using that ball bearings on GSR haha...

anyway, i've oso asked my mech to send my TD04HL down to Turbo One, coz i'm thinking of asking his opinion to mod a 15G compressor wheel for me....

oso alucard told me if i were to put GT BB turboes like GT28, it will be lag too, coz the exhaust wheel is bigger if not as big as the standard MHI TD05, however i believe the turbo will be activated around 3k something as well, but much more faster from there....

Last edited:
ahah, i met khoyos when i drove down to Cipan's house, he's such a handsome guy but his beast hehe, have to have TD05 laar.....

im sure the gsr was not setup properly...
i have alot of frens using a tdo5h in a gsr, it work superbly..
but dont waste ur money on the hypergear..
with that price theres lot'sa garrett waiting for u = )

to be honest guys..not here to shoot down anyone..but after going through the post..

Hypergear ain't da genuine stuff..not a Garrett...not a IHI...it's made in C***A... for the TR44 spec..we can offer a Garrett eRacing spec which is GENUINE and runs a much larger CW trim.

-no offence mates-

juz don wan innocent buddies in ZTH to fall for buying non-genuine turbos...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom