Suitable engine swap for RX7

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

wira4life

Known Member
on behalf of my brother. wich engine is suitable for Mazda RX7. the current rotary engine is a real headache for my brother, high maintanence n the parts is damn rare to get around JB even mechanic have prob in servicing. 20B engine is damn expensive liao.

so he decide to swap 2JZ or 1JZ into his ride. what u all think? does it ruin the handling of the car. what engine is suitable in your aspect???? he want a good power engine that he used in highway journey with his frends.

now his car in bodywork doing fortune fiber bodykit with 19" inch rims. so what engine is suitable to push the car ???? his aim want to play with his frend cars ( lamborghini, ferari, porshe turbo n etc ). what sifu idea ????:listen:

2JZ of course! Put HKS T51R turbo haha. Yeah some people say it will kacau the weight distribution abit. Something like Altezza put in 1JZ. Then again I got friends doing it...no problem with handling also. SR20DET also can rite?:smokin:

endorse sure can meh. coz it's not proton. it's Japan made. last time i try endorse my wira with evo3 engine. really headache. then i swap Mivec campur GSR. then JPJ said cannot, it's wrong for proton. i just give some money n shut their mouth !!!!:banghead:

aiyo...rx-7 change engine...love those rotary sound..yes rx-7 is known notoriously for blown engine and parts..but..the car it self is a heritage..if well tuned..maintained..fuhh...syoik wooo!~

Better off with an SR20. It's a shorter block than a 2JZ and it won't upset the 50/50 too much. Using a 2JZ will put more weight on the front end, making the handling worse. But you'll only know the difference if you drive on the track a lot.

Better off with an SR20. It's a shorter block than a 2JZ and it won't upset the 50/50 too much. Using a 2JZ will put more weight on the front end, making the handling worse. But you'll only know the difference if you drive on the track a lot.

yup, i support for SR20 as well, the mod parts easy to get & the price is ok...

its quite hard to build an sr20 that can beat ferraris, porsches n lambos regularly. u need at least 6 cylinders to do it...

Uh actually its quite hard to kill ferraris and lambos with a 13B too man. The 13B ceiling limit is around 450hp safely, and even that comes with a disclaimer - that being the engine is a rotary and you'll never know when it will detonate.

SR20DET engines can produce close to 600hp. Lots of turbo lag but at least it makes that kinda power safely, more or less.

Besides i doubt you need to make more than 400hp to take down stock ferraris and lambos in a drag anyways.

Rx7 = lightweight.
Euro sports cars = heavy

its quite hard to build an sr20 that can beat ferraris, porsches n lambos regularly. u need at least 6 cylinders to do it...

why cannot beat the Pony & the Bull..??
just make sure u got 600 over ponies on wheel, 1050kg below's wit Super GT type of aerodynamic, & the last 1 is the gb r setting for high speed that 320kph over... just like wangan style...

sr20det fully tune with GT30/35 ball bearing is powerful already..
i don't think u can handle this pony..:driver:

sr20det fully tune with GT30/35 ball bearing is powerful already..
i don't think u can handle this pony..:driver:
then ask him change to RB30DETT wit AWD... full swap from R34... hehehhe:proud:

Hehe mine's r34 gtr car killer.

yup, true...
if can plug in rb26dett or better rb28 or even better rb30, then go ahead...
their mods can go higher and more reliable...
can hentam all the way on the highway...:driver:

Want 2 kill the horsie and the bull izzit?
Wait , wait..... let me call the butcher for you....:idea:
JK JK...:vroam:

As for TS, you should type "scoot's rx7" in youtube and search...
Maybe you will find your answer there....:adore:

mayb can consider 4 rotor for the rotary engine & put the Turbonetic the biggest turbine on it, 1500hp as american pro dragger...:proud:

Bump: mayb can consider 4 rotor for the rotary engine & put the Turbonetic the biggest turbine on it, 1500hp as american pro dragger...:proud:

2JZ lah. Might even be able to import mounting kits from US. No need to custom this custom that and get problems.

IMO a much better price-power ratio. The 3L will also give you driveability. You're not going to keep your revs at 5000 all the time just to hang around those big boys at the highway right.

http://www.2jzswap.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2206

Last edited:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom