subwoofer enclosure help

kelvin---

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2005
Sarawak
erm..can any1 help me wif subwoofer enclosure measurements? i plan to build a 1cuft enclosure for my 12" subwoofer. can any1 help me wif it? i need the measurements for it...many thanks in advance...btw..i m plannin on makin it as compact as possible...to save boot space..but must b 1cuft box lo...

takumi_86

Known Member
Apr 25, 2006
well as for me,dont do that ! all this subs have its on math calculating. If's not done in a correct way,posibilty it will affect your sound produce,the other thing to do is the air pod,some subs dont required air pods(such as JBL)well in SPL sound requirement, airpod do not required,if a 15" sub box is only rm280,i might say that 12" is much less than that.Well that is my opinion,dont make such lousy decision otherwise u cry 4 it and have to rebulit back from scratch. :)

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
takumi,
what is air pod?

kelvin,
u want square shape 1 cu.ft or other shapes?

if square shape then 12" x 12 " x 12 " net will give u 1 cu.ft net. Then add the MDF panel thickness into that.

takumi_86

Known Member
Apr 25, 2006
well the air pod is a little hole that push the air from the subs produce, some subs dont required making this pods, usually SPL sound , if we make make this pods that means there is less vibrating noise in your bonet,if not it will be like my car,even the plate no also vibrate ! :)

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
port lahhhh, hehe....

kelvin u need to take your sar & sub to some shops that make custom made sub boxes so they can measure the back seat incline angle nicely and also the sub depth to get the correct measurement. they just fill in the figures into the software to get 1 cu ft internal volume and all the measurements come out in the pc. then they go make your box lah, fast and simple, cost about RM150 using 3/4" mdf wood.

kelvin---

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2005
Sarawak
erm...takumi_86..i m plannin on sealed box...and the from the sub info...the good enclosure size for the sub is 1cuft...so i believe i no need air port liao rite?coz i m plannin to go for SPL...

zenn..thanks for the suggestion...but i m planin to make one myself..coz my uncle is a carpenter..and i can get the mdf boards in cheaper price ma...stil dunno wut's the price..but i believe is gonna b cheaper than acc shops..and the angle...is 70deg...depth for my sub is...5.9"..gross depth is ard 6" lo

Kippo...thanks for the suggestion too..but i m plannin on sth like a cuboid...and if 12x12x12...how to mount my driver wor....lol..driver odi 12"...lol...

anyway..thanks a lot guys...reli appreciate it...peace

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
try this for size, should be around 1 cu ft ....

yitjoon

Jul 4, 2006
Zenn said:
try this for size, should be around 1 cu ft ....
HI, first time post message in this forum....

the calculation include the MDF??? so how thick the MDF board??? thanks

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
Provide us the sub model or link to the small parameters. I can try use winISD. If not, you can download winISD and pluck in the parameters yourself.

friggles

Feb 10, 2005
Kuching, Sarawa
Hello, im planning on building a subwoofer enclosure for my 12" sub. Just wanna know whether it is necessary to have the box perfectly square or rectangle? Because im thinking of making a box that fits to the side of my wira boot instead of puttint it just behind the back seat. Thanks! :)

yitjoon

Jul 4, 2006
cacin said:
Provide us the sub model or link to the small parameters. I can try use winISD. If not, you can download winISD and pluck in the parameters yourself.
Thanks for your helping, i m using MTX Thunder 6000 12"...

convict

Known Member
May 31, 2005
Mid Valley

DJThoRmented

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
go for ported if u're going spl... more juice will also help the thunders u're having...

big O type port will produce better spl

square type port will give better SQ + SPL however the calculation for the port is crucial

hey... we're in the family of Thunder!!!

:wink:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Sifus,

I need your advice on inter cooler piping for Evo 8. I'm using stock Evo 8 MR turbo, i wanna change my stock inter cooler piping to stainless steel, kindly advice on the measurement i need to upgrade and the bent, is it wise to make it 2.5 inch :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience