Steering Ratio

imranies

Mar 7, 2009
Hi, this is imran

i got a question. is it possible to change the steering ratio on our cars? if possible i wanna reduce the amount of steer that i need to do, especially when parking or entering U corner

imranies

Mar 7, 2009
well, I'm driving iswara aeroback right now, planning to change to wira aeroback in the near future

imranies

Mar 7, 2009
bummer, pls answer my simple question :wavey:

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
bummer, pls answer my simple question :wavey:
I think u r talking bput the steering rack gear ratio is it???

If yes...
I can said...Proton...no.......
For honda cars, u can even use a finger to turn ur steering...
But Mit's....no way....

Parking, rim size & tyres width related...
Enter cornering, spoft spring can do...but drift...or maybe adj asb....adj the damping!!!
Out cornering..., harder spring rate...in corner may in slow speed!

imranies

Mar 7, 2009
i see, thanks for the info

hmm, i wanna ask; in drifting we need to counter steer right? can we reduce the amount of steer we need to do by reducing the steering ratio?

what i mean is, usually when drifting we counter steer up to 360 degree right? can we reduce the steering ratio so that we only have to steer a little, but its like steering 360 degree on a normal car...is it possible?

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
I think u can check out the ASM(Active Stability Management) system...
or ESC (electronic stability control)
It seems like u can adj the under or over steer function...

I'm not really sure bout that!!!

Last edited:

imranies

Mar 7, 2009
oh no no, its not about oversteer or understeer. i just wanna know if we can reduce the amount of steer on cars. i want to know how can we adjust the steer, so that we only have to steer a little, but the car already turn a lot

have u played daytona or any racing games on arcade that uses steering? we can only steer until 90 degrees right? but the car already turn a lot. but in real cars we have to steer a lot more. so i'm trying to find ways to reduce the amount of steer:driver:

imranies

Mar 7, 2009
thanks for the recommendation, but i've tried smaller steering wheel b4,and its really tough to drive because its quite heavy and i just ain't use to small steering i guess. i've use the stock steering (a bigger one) for a long time and i really comfortable with it. that's why i wanna find out if there's a way we can adjust the steering so that small steer can turn the car a lot, like in arcade racing games :D

traize

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2006
oh no no, its not about oversteer or understeer. i just wanna know if we can reduce the amount of steer on cars. i want to know how can we adjust the steer, so that we only have to steer a little, but the car already turn a lot

have u played daytona or any racing games on arcade that uses steering? we can only steer until 90 degrees right? but the car already turn a lot. but in real cars we have to steer a lot more. so i'm trying to find ways to reduce the amount of steer:driver:
try see this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVDfDTp0Y7g

imranies

Mar 7, 2009
wow, thanks for the video :D

are you interested in racing sports?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
wow, thanks for the video :D

are you interested in racing sports?
nope... racing sports very expensive... need to setup a track cars, have whole lots of goodies and spare parts, crew member, trailer, workshop wif proper equipment, manager, publicity, sponsorship, etc.... pening wei.... :confused::confused:

imranies

Mar 7, 2009
Really? From what i know, you just need to be great in drifting or racing, than simply advertise that skill (using videos, events, celebrations, anything to publicise the skill). Nowadays its easy to publicise and advertise with little or no cash involved

after that, just send some proposals to big companies or businesses. if they're impressed by your skills, maybe they'll sponsor you. and then you can grow your career from there

lots of big companies are involved in racing nowadays, mostly F1 i think