Status
Not open for further replies.
Interior and Cockpit

Soundproof Your Car - DIY and non DIY

MyWifeCar

Known Member
Jun 19, 2009
Puchong, Sgor
Hi, please pm me best price for Honda City '09 for four doors and fenders. For doors, use is for ICE. while for fenders, its for reducing tyre sound. Thanks
Hi Doctor, thanks for your interest.

Your Honda the fender is a bit different from convention style, hence you do not need insulflex/SuperLon for this application.

Anyway, I have PM-ED you.

May I know what ICE are you using? :) :love:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Sir, I get very fking irritated by road and tyre noise form my front left (passenger side). I checked so many times. All my door rubber fit fit. The noise seems to be coming from the door or floor. I don't know. The door seems fit. Any idea that the heck is causing this and any product recommendations? I get so stressed sometimes I want to crash it and claim total loss. Oh my car is year 97 corolla AE111.

Thank you!

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Generally its the front tyre noise. But passenger side is really stupid. Too noisy.

MyWifeCar

Known Member
Jun 19, 2009
Puchong, Sgor
Sir, I get very fking irritated by road and tyre noise form my front left (passenger side). I checked so many times. All my door rubber fit fit. The noise seems to be coming from the door or floor. I don't know. The door seems fit. Any idea that the heck is causing this and any product recommendations? I get so stressed sometimes I want to crash it and claim total loss. Oh my car is year 97 corolla AE111.

Thank you!

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Generally its the front tyre noise. But passenger side is really stupid. Too noisy.
Errr..... suddenly I really dunno how to advice you.

Noise will be coming in from 3 areas. Door, fender and front flooring...it will not be 1 source only. So it depend on how you want to deal with it.

You can start with my fenders solution first. It is the easiest and can reduce the tyre noise greatly.

After that if still unsatisfactory, then can go for door/floor. Because normally after fenders, then it will be more obvious for you where does the noise come from.

Let me know. :)

wilcwo2003

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
bro, soundproof Honda Civic FD1 whole car how much? PM me best price

MyWifeCar

Known Member
Jun 19, 2009
Puchong, Sgor
bro, soundproof Honda Civic FD1 whole car how much? PM me best price
Hi Bro,
Thanks for your interest.

I'm selling materials only, no installation provided.

Discount can be given depend on total package.

Pricing and materials usage are available in first post. If you need the materials for 1 whole car, the price will be more than 1K.

TQ~

:proud:

MyWifeCar

Known Member
Jun 19, 2009
Puchong, Sgor
For waja, what material to use to sound proof the back trunk and wheel fender?
Trunk area can use Flex Mat

For front fenders,
Use - Propad/Suppression Pad, Insulation Foam and Noise Plug. Waja Noise Plug is different size than other cars, so it is more expensive. :proud:

MyWifeCar

Known Member
Jun 19, 2009
Puchong, Sgor
for back fender and trunk using flex mat, i just stick to the metal body right?
is this self-adhesive?
how many boxes need?
Yup. Just stick to metal body.

Yup it is self-adhesive.

Should be ard 7~8 boxes. Not very sure, maybe you can measure yourself.

MyWifeCar

Known Member
Jun 19, 2009
Puchong, Sgor
do you have waja buyer? any feedback on sticking the back trunk and fender?
just wan to know how significant the effect before buying?
Sorry, can't recall any Waja. But I can recall few Civics, Accords and Fortes.... can ah?

How significant?... Not sure. But guess should be sufficient to reduce your tyre rolling noise.

:) :proud:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The evolution of Sepang’s 12-hour Merdeka Millennium Endurance Race (MMER) continues for its 11th edition in 2010 with the event promoter and organizer – Sepang International Circuit...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience