sifos..what is this? how does it help our car??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

olskool

1,000 RPM
abang2 sekalian...
taiko2
anneh2

what does this do and how can it help?? took out of a levin with 20v.. :D

useful thing la 4 netter ignition power ma..
can add up hp up to 15hp..
no la jus kidding ...

multiple discharge? waste spark system? *scratch head* i oso wanna know lah

sound to me like an ignition system to simulate twin spark system like in the honda iDSI, but using 1 spark plug... *scratch head also*

*scractch until got blood*

what issit ah?

Multiple Sparks (Restrikes)...
Because you never get something for nothing, the quicker, hotter spark of a capacitive discharge ignition system results in a shorter duration for each spark. At high engine RPM this is not a problem because the spark must occur very quickly. However, at low engine RPM this shorter duration can result in poor performance because cylinder pressures and temperatures are low and air/fuel mixtures can be poor. To combat these conditions, Holley Annihilator ignition systems will fire each spark plug multiple times (restrike), for 22-1/2° of crankshaft rotation, up to 3,000 RPM, to insure the air/fuel mixture is fully ignited. These multiple restrikes occur automatically whenever engine speed is below 3,000 RPM.

I got this off holleys website. U really got yourself a gem here. Suggest u find the wiring diagram for it and use it. Things like this sure would temp Wong sifu. hehehe

u get the halfcut from cheras near kajang tool right??black levin with Jasma extractor..

wan sell it or not:P...PM me lo if u want 2 sell:)

thanks for the reply guys...

michael..so what you're saying is that it ONLY helps on the low revs?

ahle@.. no la..the halfcut straight from contenna.. owner wants to sell it seprately and don't wanna give goodies with the halfcut as the prices are low....

looks like a pcs a aluminium... throw it away or sell Recycle to get 50 cent

multiple discharge ignition

there's a thread at www.club4ag.com that discuss the very same thing.

it's in the forum under the technical talk > electricals > DLI with Japanese MDI System on 4AGE *pic*.

i don't understands one bit of it. :)

Where did u get this ? i think i got this piece connected to my handbrake lvlers underneath my seat too

in that post....it's for a 4AGEU and 4AGELU... what engines are those?? i think it's different as this set does not come with those coil set... it's only the device itself.

4AGEU and 4AGELU are simply USDM designation for the cars sold in the USA with 4AGEs

L denotes that the engine is in FWD form (transverse layout). 4AGEU might apply to 16Vs in 86s or old RWD toyotas but not for 20Vs. All 20V comes in L layout whether the chassis plate denotes it or not.

U is a code for US spec engines. u may also come across 4AGE-C which was once used for California only, since they have the strictest emmision laws in the world. i dont know if this 'C' code is still in use by toyota US, but California is still very particular about engine emmisions.

Tony, i dunno how to say or describe it, but when u read what i found, i mean u could understand it right? I believe even no matter how good a stock ecu is, things like this generally pacthes up the ignition system to be better. I could only dream of having an electronic ignition system with my carbies. hehehe. That is why ECU also have revisions. If items like what u found is installed in any engine, i believe its for old revision ECU. But for holleys case, i believe its for daily drivability. Just note at their highly aggresive tuning parts. Yummy!!!!

Top Bottom