servicing tappet

menghua84

Known Member
Feb 15, 2004
skudai/ perak
Visit site
sorry i duno how the tappet spells... my car got some prob... when i let go my accelerator the car just slow down a lot.... like the engine not smooth oledi... my fren told me to get my tappet serviced... he said those mechs use something like a knife to clean it i suppose.. how much is it? normal workshop can do it? cos i wana change my engine oil this weds... using castrol gtx i think... any other better brand beyond the price of castrol?

Supachip

Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
puucuung
Not using a "knife" to cut lah.....hahahaha :P But that's called the "Feeler gauge" which is being used to adjust the tappet clearance. Tappet clearance which is too wide will cause annoying tapping noise at idle but better acceleration whereas too tight will decrease the engine performance when engine's hot (valves can't close properly).

For your cars problem, confirmed it's caused by tappet?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Would like to convert my old vitara (92' model) to turbo engine.
Need helps on type of turbo engine than can be transplant with minimum mod on engine mounting. Any experience?

Used to saw a 2 door Vitara with a big IC in front. Don't no what type of engine...CA18det,....AE86,....????
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience