Serious Monkey Business with Hyundai’s new i30

d4rk

Known Member
Jul 26, 2010
Johor Bahru

Before being put to the roads, a car would have to go through a series of rigorous tests to ensure that it will provide safety and comfort to the occupants during their commute. But how does one tests its new family car on whether if it is durable enough to withstand the curious hands of some active, little children?<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

As an answer to that question, Hyundai came out with this new testing method which takes us to the Knowsley Safari Park in the UK. And instead of leaving their new i30 into the hands of some little kids, they left the testing to be done by a group of mischievous baboons instead.

Mind you, these baboons are not to be played with as they are famed in ripping off any loose parts of a vehicle such as windshield wipers and even side mirrors, like how Wayne Rooney’s Audi RS6 had once experienced at the same place. And surprisingly, after leaving the car for 10 hours with those furry creatures, the i30 remains largely unscathed! That is, minus the scratches on the bodywork of course.

To make this new car ideal for a family with small children, the Hyundai i30 uses extra strong materials for its interior, easy wipe plastics, tough fittings and also high quality steel for its bodywork

Hyundai i30 and 40 Baboons Video - YouTube

“You have to be pretty brave to subject a car to the most rigorous quality testers in the world, and the monkeys certainly gave our New Generation i30 a thorough examination! The fact that it survived with only a few scrapes is a testament to the way a modern Hyundai is designed and engineered,” said Hyundai’s i30 Product Manager, Felicity Wood.

Source:

Monkeying Around The Hyundai i30 - Cars Bikes Trucks

Attachments

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
Mean what ? Buy this car when your area full of baboons ?
I still will buy accord or camry and lock the door nicely and away from baboons.

Test suitable to be done at Africa...:rofl::rofl:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
they should clean the car & show us the aftermath ..

if they show it like that, we won't see much..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anybody know tat how to improve my engine power? example my pipeping need how many inch, then other way la..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience