RPM drop tremendously!!!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
guys i BOT a 4G91 with GSR block, GSR cams, TD04, Mivec trottle body, stock intake manifold..

recently my engine will be dead when i slow down my car for a turning, stop at the junction, the RPM will drop and my engine died. I check with foremen might be the trottle body prob, so i changed another mivec throttle body, but it is still the same, then i install the FICD to stabilize the idling, but the result still the same.

help me guys! Another point is, everytime the engine died during shifitng down to lower gear or stop, i can always power up my car again when i step on the accelerator immediately.

sigh dont know whats the prob...sifu sifu sekalian pls help me :confused::confused::confused:

guys i BOT a 4G91 with GSR block, GSR cams, TD04, Mivec trottle body, stock intake manifold..

recently my engine will be dead when i slow down my car for a turning, stop at the junction, the RPM will drop and my engine died. I check with foremen might be the trottle body prob, so i changed another mivec throttle body, but it is still the same, then i install the FICD to stabilize the idling, but the result still the same.

help me guys! Another point is, everytime the engine died during shifitng down to lower gear or stop, i can always power up my car again when i step on the accelerator immediately.

sigh dont know whats the prob...sifu sifu sekalian pls help me :confused::confused::confused:

ur FICD is activated during normal drive or only aircond ?
try this, adjust the throthle body skru and idle at 2krpm
now drive n see if engine dies , if it doesnt die, slowly bring down the rpm

bt i suspect u r running boost leak , maybe bov or somewhere leaking

i think it has something to do with ur bov. happened to me before

check your engine compression and turbo leak, my friend just resolved his situation similar with yours

ur FICD is activated during normal drive or only aircond ?
try this, adjust the throthle body skru and idle at 2krpm
now drive n see if engine dies , if it doesnt die, slowly bring down the rpm

bt i suspect u r running boost leak , maybe bov or somewhere leaking
Hmm I try to adjust my throttle body and see I'm not sure my ficd on which mode mind to ask how to check? Hmm boost leak eh sound so scary lol !!!

Bump:
check your engine compression and turbo leak, my friend just resolved his situation similar with yours

Any recommend workshop to check the engine compression? Coz my workshop only do normal servicing only

Bump:

Any recommend workshop to check the engine compression? Coz my workshop only do normal servicing only

try GTAuto sunway, look for Thomas, tell is David (gray gen2) introduce

woo GT auto eh big cars there...small car like me will they layan or not haha...
btw hows the charges over there...still a student though cant really afford too high pricing sob sob

LoL:adore::adore::adore:

try to check ur fuel pump. insufficient delivery of fuel maybe.
and check O2 sensor connection. logar or cabut.
i got the similar situation like urs.

Sound like a problem with BOV as it happened to me before.When i engage the clutch the engine went dead.Adjust the BOV first before changing.

Bump: Sound like a problem with BOV as it happened to me before.When i engage the clutch the engine went dead.Adjust the BOV first before changing.

chances are your bov bleeding to much air ... happens to me way back ... this problem normally occured with piston types bov ... the response to close the piston is too slow thus making your engine died during gear change ... u can try tighten the bov screw if it can be adjusted ... see what happens??...

i've change to TIAL bov then no prob. faster response.

using stock or aftermarket BOV? try to swap a bov n test

aftermarket BOV...original SSQV 2

Bump:
try to check ur fuel pump. insufficient delivery of fuel maybe.
and check O2 sensor connection. logar or cabut.
i got the similar situation like urs.

will try to check on my fuel pump then...
thanx

Bump:
chances are your bov bleeding to much air ... happens to me way back ... this problem normally occured with piston types bov ... the response to close the piston is too slow thus making your engine died during gear change ... u can try tighten the bov screw if it can be adjusted ... see what happens??...

i've change to TIAL bov then no prob. faster response.

woot tial BOV eh...hmm i using HKS ssqv 2 though...i love the sound of it haha maybe i can find other ppl to swap BOV for testing though

OK... Let's clarify this problem so that u can understand more... Problem can only solved by 2 ways.
1) To go back to BIV
There are actually aftermarket BOV that are able to Blow in...
2) Get rid of MAF

To go back to BIV

This is because when the MAF reads the air flow, the signals is registered and the ECU will command the injectors to spray a certain amount of fuel. However, when BOV releases the compressed air, the same amount of fuel will still be injected into the cylinder. THen the engine have possibility of stalling...

Get rid of MAF
Get a piggyback/standalone that utilizes the MAP sensor. Most standalones does, and some piggyback also do... But the main idea is to throw away the MAF sensor and take absolute pressure reading from the manifold.

OK... Let's clarify this problem so that u can understand more... Problem can only solved by 2 ways.
1) To go back to BIV
There are actually aftermarket BOV that are able to Blow in...
2) Get rid of MAF

To go back to BIV

This is because when the MAF reads the air flow, the signals is registered and the ECU will command the injectors to spray a certain amount of fuel. However, when BOV releases the compressed air, the same amount of fuel will still be injected into the cylinder. THen the engine have possibility of stalling...

Get rid of MAF
Get a piggyback/standalone that utilizes the MAP sensor. Most standalones does, and some piggyback also do... But the main idea is to throw away the MAF sensor and take absolute pressure reading from the manifold.

im using emanage blue though...got such function on this piggy??? sometimes i'm wondering isit because of my tuning...hmm thinking of sending it back to cipan's dad once

im using emanage blue though...got such function on this piggy??? sometimes i'm wondering isit because of my tuning...hmm thinking of sending it back to cipan's dad once

Ok, lets check this out on the disadvantages side.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowoff_valve

I'm not too sure if the add on MAP sensor for the e-manage blue can solve this problem. But I'd give a try later...

Last edited:
where to get this 3 map sensor?

Kennyhua has it... Miahaha... But it's an add on. So, i'm not too sure how effective is it... Because when u use the 3bar map sensor, i think u still need to use the MAF sensor. Correct me if i'm wrong.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom