Rpf1 ori 15inch offset 35 cannot fit in vios xp150,anyone can help?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

jeffryfei

Dec 3, 2005
Hmm rather strange, that means the caliper also barely clears the stock 15' rims, is it? If the touching is just very slightly grazing the wheel barrel then you can consider just grinding/sanding just some small section of the caliper surface where it touches. If it touches too much until the wheel really got blocked by the caliper then no choice but to use other rims.
No block ,just touch amd abit friction when rotate the wheel,my foreman friend also suggest to grind the caliber,will it affect anything?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
if its a tiny bit, well u can do that OR you know... just get a very thin spacer

jeffryfei

Dec 3, 2005
If u don mind, how much u bought rpf1 ?
Rm2800 for the rim,mine is 15inch.
The gazoo racing vios who know what offset is it for the rpf1?for 15inch rpf1 got 3 different offset.28,35,41

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
No block ,just touch amd abit friction when rotate the wheel,my foreman friend also suggest to grind the caliber,will it affect anything?
I think sanding it a bit should be ok then.

The gazoo racing vios who know what offset is it for the rpf1?for 15inch rpf1 got 3 different offset.28,35,41
So you bought them new then, damn expensive! :biggrin:
Don't know, Tom should know better coz he had raced in them.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

so u got the 7jj +35 offset right? thats the max u can go...
another is 7jj +41 will make the caliper stuck more than the wheel u got now....

if 8jj +28 also most likely u will face similar scrubbing with 7jj +35

i would say instead of grinding the caliper... just add 1 think spacer like 5-7mm spacer...enough already to clear the caliper

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
why laaaa u guys keep talking about offset... he already said its not touching the spoke... its touching the barrel. changing the offset wont help.

imagine taking a 15" wheel.... and trying to fit it to a ferrari brake disc and caliper...no matter what the offset is it wont fit in the wheel coz of the barrel size right? abit extreme example... but same thing lor.

TS either has to change wheels... or if the mechanic can do it safely, grind down the caliper abit for clearance. or installing a slightly smaller brake system. id recommend changing wheel.

Reactions: jeffryfei

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Oh shit.. we didn't see this clearly. @mADmAN is correct. If it's touching the barrel of the rim - you better change the caliper or upsize your rim.
no need to upsize the rim... can still stick to 15" rim... just a different wheel with better wheel barrel clearance.

as i mentioned before... RPF1 has a rather small wheel barrel design.

Reactions: jeffryfei

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
no need to upsize the rim... can still stick to 15" rim... just a different wheel with better wheel barrel clearance.

as i mentioned before... RPF1 has a rather small wheel barrel design.
Come and swap with my Ori BLM rim, sure can fit no problem....The Viking i give to TS FOC....

jeffryfei

Dec 3, 2005
Thanks guys,i decide to sell the rim and change to 16inch or 17inch rim instead of 15inch

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
why laaaa u guys keep talking about offset... he already said its not touching the spoke... its touching the barrel. changing the offset wont help.

imagine taking a 15" wheel.... and trying to fit it to a ferrari brake disc and caliper...no matter what the offset is it wont fit in the wheel coz of the barrel size right? abit extreme example... but same thing lor.

TS either has to change wheels... or if the mechanic can do it safely, grind down the caliper abit for clearance. or installing a slightly smaller brake system. id recommend changing wheel.
Yes exactly! If touching the wheel barrel then playing with offsets will not help. But the strange thing is how come the Toyota Gazoo Vios race cars can use the RPF1? Or maybe those race Vios already have the calipers grinded off/modified too?

I'd say if the touching is just a slight grazing on the surface, it's easier to just grind off the calipers a bit. coz it's a pity already have a nice RPF1 (if truly ori) but cannot use just due to very slight touching.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks guys,i decide to sell the rim and change to 16inch or 17inch rim instead of 15inch
Think of the tyre size and their prices......lol
Yes, not just the tire price but also the car performance and comfort level especially if change to 17'! If upsize to 16' then can still have a bit of comfort left but your tire price will be much more expensive than 15', almost double. If change to 17' then will be even more expensive and comfort will be practically gone, plus performance will be noticeably slower too due to much heavier rims! FYI I just bought a small hatchback for my son which came with 17' and super thin 205/40 tires. After driving it for just 2 weeks I could not stand it and changed the rims to 15' with 195/55 tires and the now car feels and drives sooooo much better! So yeah think carefully before upsizing, especially for small cars.

Reactions: alcyon

jeffryfei

Dec 3, 2005
Yes exactly! If touching the wheel barrel then playing with offsets will not help. But the strange thing is how come the Toyota Gazoo Vios race cars can use the RPF1? Or maybe those race Vios already have the calipers grinded off/modified too?

I'd say if the touching is just a slight grazing on the surface, it's easier to just grind off the calipers a bit. coz it's a pity already have a nice RPF1 (if truly ori) but cannot use just due to very slight touching.
Should be et28 rpf1,that is 8jj 15inch rim