RON 97 or RON 95 for turbo?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

allance

Known Member
May 12, 2009
hey bro u say V power racing is RON 97+additive? i check on shell webside they say v-power is RON 98 old/ v-power racing is RON 100 new

Last edited:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
no, the last time i read it was ron97+additives to lubricate the cylinder wall

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
hey bro u say V power racing is RON 97+additive? i check on shell webside they say v-power is RON 98 old/ v-power racing is RON 100 new
if really want race dun pump v power,please pump vp racing q16 octane 116~fuh~ kao kao

Syahz

Known Member
Aug 14, 2009
Australia
Ethanol cheap than Q16.Q16 is RM4+++ for 200L.E85 now only RM2500 for 200L.Better and no poison,cool,clean and good for envoirement.Crissyong know how to tune..he expert now hehehe.But 95 not bad when i tune before.carefull when you add the timing.

Last edited:

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Very good post. I'm thinking of subsequently getting a meth/water injection kit installed as well, so your post is very useful.

Though to be honest, I'm not really thinking of this because of issues with 95 vs. 97. If it comes to the point of owning a souped up car, and wanting the best for it, it would have to be fuel of the highest octane anyway (97). So really thinking about the AEM more from the perspective of performance and tuning flexibility.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Question :-

Where did you buy the meth/water mixture ? Is it available countrywide ? Is this meth of a particular specs or is it readily available that consumers can get it off chemical suppliers to mix themselves ?

You said you tuned your car for a more aggressive timing. Presumably, you still left some leeway with the tuning maps (on the side of caution) in case you run out of the meth mixture. Can you elaborate on anything we should know in case the stuff runs out while you are driving ? Afterall, these things sometimes happen even to the most attentive of us.

changchewsoon

Known Member
Oct 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.viosturbo.com
Question :-

Where did you buy the meth/water mixture ? Is it available countrywide ? Is this meth of a particular specs or is it readily available that consumers can get it off chemical suppliers to mix themselves ?

You said you tuned your car for a more aggressive timing. Presumably, you still left some leeway with the tuning maps (on the side of caution) in case you run out of the meth mixture. Can you elaborate on anything we should know in case the stuff runs out while you are driving ? Afterall, these things sometimes happen even to the most attentive of us.
Methanol is easily available, hardware shops for example sells them. My mixture is premixed by by tuner and I just buy straight from them to avoid all the hassle of doing it myself.

The AEM kit has a safety feature whereby it allows an output to your piggyback/boost controller to cut down on timing or reduce boost once the low level sensor detects the reservoir tank is running low, or the pump is not running etc.

There is a LED that you could wire it to your dashboard (or any location that is easily visible to you) to inform you the operation of the kit, such as injection in progress, low level detected, malfunction etc.

Though we did not max out the timings, we advanced around 6 degrees on top of the previous tune (which was around 4 degree advancement if not mistaken) and there still wasn't any knock yet. I drove it around a couple of months and once we're sure there isn't any knocking I went back for more :biggrin:

changchewsoon

Known Member
Oct 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.viosturbo.com
For the AEM kit, you need to budget around RM2K-2.2K depending on the work required on your car, but most of the time its damn minimal. Mine took less than 1 day to install + dyno tune.

I bought mine from GT Auto, the reason why I went with AEM is mainly because of 2 things, 1 is the low level sensor comes standard and the other reason is the variable recirculation pump.

Anyone interested to check out the kit, please drop by GT Auto this Saturday as I'll be there. Can always PM me as well if need my contact.

Thanks!

spuzzle

500 RPM
Aug 23, 2005
Kuantan / Perth
chang, the kit + installation around 2.2k at GT?
what is the advantage of it...how about refill...mind to share dyno result after installing it?

i saw your car in GT a while ago when u hv idling problem...but it is solved the next day if i not mistaken...by the way your engine layout very neat n most attractive is the shining pipings:biggrin:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
ive been using ron95 since it was lauched, the hydraulic tappets sounds much louder,
slight power decrease.
shell - ok, but tappet sound still there
petronas - no, tappet sound bloody loud, no power.
BHP - havent tried
caltex - yes, recomended, tappet sound decreases
mobil/esso - havent tried.

rm10 - ron95 - 50km
rm10 - ron97 - 45km.
**city driving.

changchewsoon

Known Member
Oct 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.viosturbo.com
chang, the kit + installation around 2.2k at GT?
what is the advantage of it...how about refill...mind to share dyno result after installing it?

i saw your car in GT a while ago when u hv idling problem...but it is solved the next day if i not mistaken...by the way your engine layout very neat n most attractive is the shining pipings:biggrin:
oiks bro spuzzle, you where there ah that time? how come never say hi! ya was having idling problems when we lowered the engine compression, but that solved already with creative tuning haha!

the pipings now no more shining already, cos aluminium and never take care cos need to often polish hehe!

ok, for all the questions you asked, you can refer to this :biggrin:

spuzzle

500 RPM
Aug 23, 2005
Kuantan / Perth
oiks bro spuzzle, you where there ah that time? how come never say hi! ya was having idling problems when we lowered the engine compression, but that solved already with creative tuning haha!

the pipings now no more shining already, cos aluminium and never take care cos need to often polish hehe!

ok, for all the questions you asked, you can refer to this :biggrin:
bro, i went through your post...good info n sharing...thx
that day u was busy with your laptop in GT office, maybe update your blog :rofl: next meet will greet u...cheers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

More Super GT content from easy-going Saturday, the calm before the war. Show cars are displayed all-around the Sepang Circuit's welcome centre as well as promo girls providing the sweeter side of the Super GT Scene. Enjoy the Pictures while we bring you more action as the Super GT Race commences in a couple of hours...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience