RC heli pilots?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Now this thread is really reliable. I like it.
But I still not getting what RTF really means,
dont need anything to fly it as in ?

And kapster quote "comes in kits only"?
Is that mean all the parts are separate and
we build it on our own? Like we buy the
Remote Controller, Servos, what else?
hehehehee

So its better to buy Heli with a belt-driven tail
or shaft driven tail heli.

Yeah kapster, how much u sell the esky belt cp?
Do u do shipping for RC Heli? Hehehee..
If yes, maybe to Miri Sarawak or Brunei Darussalam.

Thanks all.

Cheers,
Will.

Hi DRFT_240sx,

hehehe...dont get me wrong.i can help them set it up but i'm still learning to fly.i spend alot of time fixing the radio and setting up the bird but less time flying.setting up is quite easy once you understand the movement of the servo.the most challenging part is ccpm 120 degree swashplate.

below is the parts that i'm selling:-

belt CP EK1-013C kit(with servo,BL motor,ESC and gyro)=rm 676.
belt CP EK1-014D kit only=rm 351.
E-DO 6ch radio(TX+RX)=rm 232. not bad,i'm using t with my belt cp.
Art-tech 6ch radio(TX,RX,servo*3, tx battery and charger)=rm 255
E-DO 11.1 2250mAh 20C Lipo=rm 158.
Art-tech falcon 3d RTF =rm 850

Last edited:
erm well i wont say what i think is good or not.

but for an indoor heli , i think FP bird is the best option. and by the time u are good at it , u can "transfer" your skills into better helis where as lama v3 , if u get very very good , the skill is kinda uselss as it is different to fly that.

indoor=fp , outdoor=cp =) .

have money go get a very good radio then a reasonable heli (cp2 , walkera , trex falcon) , if you are serious on heli ( get a good simulator) , if not much money just want to have the heck of it and just think heli is a toy , get a lama.

Kapster: I find this is the best manual out there to set up 120 swash ccpm. have a read through it. really simple to understand

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/Files/T-REX_450SA_ARF_Manual.pdf

or if u can download the huge videos , here is a step by step on trex plus other helis , but since its for 120 swash its practically the same

http://www.helifreak.com/viewforum.php?f=95&sid=5c1b038a3aa32730ea4651e1f778da87

Last edited:
thanx DRFT_240sx, will read about it.

willie_hwl,

RTF means ready to fly.you can take the bird out put batteres on the TX and just fly.need some fine tune.blade balancing,clade tracking.

ARF means almost ready to fly.have to fit and set the radio.certain kit comes with servo and motor,some comes with kit only.means the heli itself and some servo linkage.

Shipping to miri is ok,i have ship some to miri before.shipment is about rm 40 per heli. brunei i'm not sure.as it is out from malaysia mayb its slightly more expensive.

jasonchan,
its all about luck.some lucky ppl wont have problems with their walkera.my concern with walkera is their price.the walkera hm-60 comes without BL motor or li-po,at its selling price you can get an art-tech falcon which has BL motor and li-po.dont compare those price in lelong.com.alot of price jackers there.
I think the lama would cost around 350-400.

kapster said:
thanx DRFT_240sx, will read about it.

willie_hwl,

RTF means ready to fly.you can take the bird out put batteres on the TX and just fly.need some fine tune.blade balancing,clade tracking.

ARF means almost ready to fly.have to fit and set the radio.certain kit comes with servo and motor,some comes with kit only.means the heli itself and some servo linkage.

Shipping to miri is ok,i have ship some to miri before.shipment is about rm 40 per heli. brunei i'm not sure.as it is out from malaysia mayb its slightly more expensive.

jasonchan,
its all about luck.some lucky ppl wont have problems with their walkera.my concern with walkera is their price.the walkera hm-60 comes without BL motor or li-po,at its selling price you can get an art-tech falcon which has BL motor and li-po.dont compare those price in lelong.com.alot of price jackers there.
I think the lama would cost around 350-400.

http://www.lelong.com.my/Auc/List/2006-11DSale4253261.htm

this guy claim got fake LAMA v3...maybe he say tat just to jack price up kua...hehhe

Isnt that mean RTF should be cheaper than ARF?
Id saw a box of T-Rex and I thought it comes with
Heli, control but the seller said its only the kits,
no servo, no controller and it cost Brunei $400+
almost $500!! Wahlaw eh... damn expensive ler..

About RM40 to Miri Sarawak is great. But for a noob
like me, I think better get RTF, your esky belt cp is
a kit box for ARF right? hehehe

Cheers,
Will.

Esky belt cp is ARF but if you wan RTF then i can fix the radio then ship together to u.total to about rm 1100 like that.

RTF is always cheaper.ARF kit you need to buy this n that to make it complete so its abit expensive.

Waw. I just away for few days and the thread reached 4th pages liao.
DRFT_240sx , thanks for your correction. Honestly, i'm not very into heli yet, so i also find it hard to explain how is the heli works actually as heli works with so much more machanism than a rc car. haha
Jasonchan, a seller in times square also told me about the fake and original heli and he suggested me to take the original one because it is very stable compare to the fake one. Yeah, is very stable. He did a demo.

im might add , too stable that it doesn't even fly like a heli =) , and it can't do FFF , stall turns , banked turns like a FP bird

Thanks to everyone whose contributing, Edward, Imoloq, Drft, Kapster.

Hey kapster, about RM1100 including shipping?
Do u have simulator too? If yes, how much?

Another question guys, I know we need a radio
to work with a simulator program, does that
means any radio will do or there is a specific
type of radio? I wouldnt want to get stuck with
extra radio if u guys know what i mean, hehehe

Thanks all..

Cheers,
Will.

i give u the list of the parts that u will need then you add up everything.
belt cp kit(servo,gyro,esc,BL Motor)=rm 676
6 ch radio= rm 255
11.1v 2250mAh 20C lipo= rm 158
Charger for lipo= rm 35
shipping to miri= rm 40

for the setup i can help you do it but the fine tuning will have to be done during you fly.as it depend on what setting you are comfortable with. its best to fly with a experienced pilot. My radio set comes with simulator cable and software but i haven't used it before.therefore i can't help u on simulator.
Most radio are can to be hook up with simulator,if you dont have the software just download it.

If you take the art-tech falcon 3d then its easier n cheaper too.
only rm 850 for the RTF kit.comes with li-po,BL motor and the training kit(pin-pong balls).just add rm 40 for shipment.
or you can buy additional li-po battery:-

11.1v 2200mAh 10C=rm 123
11.1v 2250mAh 20C=rm 158

belt cp kit(servo,gyro,esc,BL Motor)=rm 676
6 ch radio= rm 255
11.1v 2250mAh 20C lipo= rm 158
Charger for lipo= rm 35
shipping to miri= rm 40

Total = rm 1,164.

no labour charges? hehehehe

So now I have two options, about RM 1,200 and RM 900.
I will save enough money to go with RM 1,200 if I were
ready to buy Heli.

Thanks for the quote.

Cheers,
Will.

hehe...no problem.
I will help you setup the radio. since i say help so i wont charge.

kapster said:
hehe...no problem.
I will help you setup the radio. since i say help so i wont charge.

You're the man!!! Thanks alot bro!
Wish u have a very good business end
of this year and tons better in upcoming 2007!

I will let you know when Im ready to buy
a Heli from you.

For now, my top priority is 16" JDM
rims for my car, after that I will settle awhile for it.

Perhaps thats when my Heli comes in. hahahaha

Cheers,
Will.

Last edited:
belief me , r/c heli is the cocaine of rc. My heli's get much more attention than my RX-7.

;)

What?! You're kidding!
But thats what I want to hear..
I played RC cars but its not that
addictive.

Hahahaha

RC Heli > Mazda RX 7
but for me now

JDM rims > RC Heli
cause I dont have RC Heli yet!
hehehehe

Cheers,
Will.

*laughs* cheers to that mate=) , better yet see a r/c heli operate in person.. no matter what scale it is as long as its a collective pitch heli. by an intermediate to advance pilots will blow you away.

I remember see a heli do circuits( just flying round and round) , flips and rolls. man the feeling. SIOK , miss that word

cheers

I thought RC section was closed down.. hahahahaha
didnt see its still here just been re-located.. hehehe

well, just wanna bring this thread alive again :D
how come no one post here anymore?

i thought my bonus will be out last month unfortunately no :(
hopefully this month so i can get myself a R/C Heli :D

Laters.

Kapster do u have the picture lipo batt for both?
where u stay?

If you take the art-tech falcon 3d then its easier n cheaper too.
only rm 850 for the RTF kit.comes with li-po,BL motor and the training kit(pin-pong balls).just add rm 40 for shipment.
or you can buy additional li-po battery:-

11.1v 2200mAh 10C=rm 123
11.1v 2250mAh 20C=rm 158

Top Bottom