Rally driver Karamjit can’t defend APRC title

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

andaq

Jun 9, 2005
kuala lumpur
huh?

Glocker said:
You know why? Cuz his name doesn't have a 'bin' in it. Sad but true.
aiyoo is tht so? :confused: i hope not coz if it is, it sucks. :mellow:

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
alexz said:
but alex yoong also no "bin" what...
True, a sponsor wants max exposure for what they give and by sponsoring A. Yoong it's more or less guarenteed as Formula one generates lot of coverage from all media, whereas rallying has a pretty low profile. It's not about being a "bin" as many of you like to put it.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
lancersr20 said:
friends, think positive la.. don't involve religious sentiment here.zth ppl like this meh?
malaysia government do thing based/involves religion/race........tat is d reasons y bumiputra owes benificial....coz malaysia has one policy to protect bumiputra since las las time ago......

this is law..we cant deny.....

malaysia hope all of us become bumiputra to enjoy d benefits.....but we cant do it....coz nenek moyang problem ar.......we r chinese...cannot sudenly masuk islam la....nanti how ppl look at us a.....rite? my 2 cents....

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
bloody blind laaa the G. We actually got sumone who can make us proud. Karamjit should be in Group A already!!!!

Sheesh... no wonder Isa Samad sacked for money politics and he's the party's VP!!!!.(this is a long shot between the issues)

mengelamun

Nov 8, 2004
Karamjit

Guys,

This is what i heard from my friend. Karam has no longer race in APRC coz he already become the N class world champion in 2003. because of that, he is too expert to be in APRC. i also heard that some of the A class Rally team want he to drive their car.. unfortunately, PERT don't want to let him go... without him means no champion.. no champion means no money... thats what i heard!!

killerloop25

Known Member
Aug 31, 2004
Guy's,
These is what I heard from the world champion himself. Karam has pulled out of the APRC/WRC due to not having a car, the money and sponsors. I met Karam two weeks ago and I ask him the very same question that everyone has being asking, 'why can't you defend your title?'. Answer was very simple 'no car,no money and no sponsors so how to race.' What I can say is that Petronas,Eon, Proton, Datuk Azalina, the whole sports ministry and the ruling goverment that all of you guys are either blind or just too ignorant to notice a world champion or that you're are just sleeping on the job and hoping that the un-realistic things in other sports will benefit the country.
Damm Pert sold off all the rallycars and tell our very own world champion that the race to defend the title is over. Don't even try to deny that fact because both the cars have been sold to the indonesian driver Rifat.
Everyone on the PErt team thought that by winning the group N title that the goverment will give more support and that sponsors will flow in but it never did happen.DO YOU KNOW HOW DISSAPOINTING IS THAT??
I would be happy for Karam next year as he'll be racing for Mitsubishi Ralliart Japan. All the best to Karam and I personally lend my outmost support to Karam. Screw Pert since after all these years with them, they never really did appreciate your achivements.
And to the Malaysian Goverment,here's my two cents 'you guys just lost a world class driver to another foreign team.'

killerloop25

Known Member
Aug 31, 2004
The goverment gave datukship to an ape who swam across the english channel with a cage around him. That ape was scared to die in the freezing water thats what it is. His name is Malik Mydin. Karamjit Singh doesn't sound like a Bumi,man. Just not funky enough to earn him datukship. That why KAram is not made Datuk. Karam should have gotten datukship donkey years ago....

suchap69

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
i think it isn't actually much problem with the sponsorship, one thing is maybe karamjit onle has a small cable, 8 awg only maybe LOL, when u have the cable u still need to lobby, and even if u have the fund there's still a major issue, management, we can see that our culture in malaysia where most sports association is headed by politicians, we don't know the motive of this politicians heading all the sports assoc. like football this culture is rampant at state level, why should we have people who has other agenda heading these assoc, let the man with the knowledge leads

ashes

Aug 13, 2004
what a waste! the ministry of sport have to sought this out! they have a budget over 30M for the sports industry this year! and yet, there is no portion for motorsports!

extremeondirt

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Western Aus
u always see karam say NOT ENUFF MONEY in the papers...but..how often do you hear he says THANK YOU?? mayb this is one of the reasons why he couldnt get sponsors..juz my 2 cents..

daniel

ashes

Aug 13, 2004
extremeondirt said:
u always see karam say NOT ENUFF MONEY in the papers...but..how often do you hear he says THANK YOU?? mayb this is one of the reasons why he couldnt get sponsors..juz my 2 cents..

daniel
duh!!! do you think he should say thank you in the newspaper? this is between the sponsors and the Team, and there is political reason also why PROTON pull out sponsoring Karam.

His results speaks!

extremeondirt

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Western Aus
ashes said:
duh!!! do you think he should say thank you in the newspaper? this is between the sponsors and the Team, and there is political reason also why PROTON pull out sponsoring Karam.

His results speaks!

well..if im the sponsor i'll surely be happy if the team im sponsoring appreciates and be thankfull of the sponsorship..and again..not everyone knows about rallying..some ppl dont even know whats rallying..

mayb u know something that i dont on whats going on there..so i'll juz keep my comments to myself..no hard feelings..

cheers,
daniel

ashes

Aug 13, 2004
:) cheers to you too Daniel,

btw the local newspaper doesnt support the motorsports industry in term of Coverage, and it gives less coverage for the sponsors! at least they should cover our local motorsports event like in any other country, there's a million buck throw into the industry and yet there is no return for the sponsors as in awareness of their sponsorship,
WTF!!!!

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
extremeondirt said:

daniel
You hit the nail on the head. Karam has himself to blame if he can't get sponsorship. No one is that great. Even Michael Schumacher has to make appearences and shows appreciation to the ones who pays the bill. Heck, remember how Alex Yoong was everywhere making appearences for sponsors and stuff when he was in Formula One.sadly not our local Champion

extremeondirt

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Western Aus
btw..karam shud be looking all over for sponsors for the remaining WRC and APRC rounds now...if he cant get it, i think most prob his licence will be suspended next year...so we shall wish all the best to him..

cheers,
daniel

ruhaz

Known Member
May 1, 2004
pity him, no sponsor and slapped with fine RM45,000.00

"I don't understand why it is so hard to get sponsorship money for motor rallying here. If things remain the same and if overseas teams are interested in me, I will certainly consider it,” said Karamjit, who now supports himself by doing car demonstration shows.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2005/9/20/sports/12088739&sec=sports

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HI apreciate if some one can tell me about engine oil

i had a wira 1.5 manual SOHC engine and it is fuel injection, but i wanted to know what is the exact engine oil specifications like the (SAE 4bla bal bla bal) and the gearbox oil as well ?....is there any codes ofr both engines and gearbox oil?

is there any performance engine and gearbox oil in the market?>

can it be put in the engines?

if yes what are they ?
brands and names?
the code?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience