R33 or Toyota Caldina?

The car I get will be stock standard...whatever it ultimately is...

My reason...a lot of the mods I will put in are self designed and self calculated, using very specific aftermarket parts to achieve results. There is no point, for example, getting a car with an aftermarket ECU if the ECU will not map the specific fuel, timing and pressure maps that I may want.

Also, a lot of people tend to take the easy way of adding parts without first strengthening the engine. In fact, a lot of mechanics don't even know that if you want more power, you NEED to strengthen the engine. So, I will have to take the whole engine apart just to make sure that the engine has been strengthened appropriately. Typically, these engines would have overheated several times...and been put together again. Owners who sell these cars will always say that the slight misfiring and engine rock is because the spark plugs are old, the timing is a little off, but that's easy to fix when you next service it, or something like "it's nothing more than a little vacuum leak, probably because I haven't cleaned my blow-off valve in a while" etc.

Also, some mechs will strengthen the engine, add the power, but forget that more power means more chasis flex. Then, after the chasis has cracked in a few places and been welded back together again, the welds carefully hidden under a layer of short strand fibre filler, the owners sell the car. The typical trademark of these cars are that they ALWAYS look pristine...cos after welding, they probably have a one-coat paint job done.

And EVERYONE will tell you that the little bit of white smoke that blows out when the engine is cold is normal. After all, it IS a powerful turbocharged car...blah...blah...

And anyone who ever tries to BS me in this way is going to get told in no uncertain terms that his pristine, rocking and smoky car will feel very uncomfortable lodged in his rear orifice... :wink:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom