Question: Torque controller upgrade??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

russwestwood

500 RPM
Anyone know how a modified GTR handles with the standard 4wd torque spiltter/ Altessa Pro? More to rear wheel or what?
And i believe HKS make an aftermarket controller.. any info on this 1st hand?
Cheers..

Rust I knw to modified leh!!But full FR transfer ....haha.... If I`m not mistaken HKS not producing this torque splitter (ETS controller) anymore. It was developed n produced by HKS Kansai. Myb u still can get the last batch of it from HKS USA.
Otherwise get Bee R ETS controller.

Hehe, Kaminari, I know u know how to modify! haha, and thanks for the info.
Do u know how a modified GTR, say with 700bhp will perform with the standard Altessa-pro? Thanks..

Hi Russ,

I suppose regardless how efficient/effective the ALTESSA is, it all boils down to the tyres you are using. The grippier they are the more control you have. However bear in mind also the more grip you have , the more abuse it gives to your gearbox and transfer case. :)

I second what SKAGEE says as the R34 boxes are not exactly bulletproof... :)

If you wanna use a torque controller (TC), make sure it's a passive system. Some of the TC electronically jam and force the ATTESSA to run on whatever preset split, say 30% front and 70% rear etc which puts much load to the center diff. You want something that measure and response to the angular and horizontal G-sensors in the car.

Hope it helps.

icic, thanks for the info guys..
Ive heard that the Z-tune had some sort of tweek in the Attessa system, so as its tuned by nismo & meant for the general public, Im wondering what kind of a setup it is... if its still active or passive, etc etc..

russwestwood said:
icic, thanks for the info guys..
Ive heard that the Z-tune had some sort of tweek in the Attessa system, so as its tuned by nismo & meant for the general public, Im wondering what kind of a setup it is... if its still active or passive, etc etc..

I'm unfamiliar with the Z-tune system but I'm sure it'll be active system or else it would defeat having the ATTESSA in the first place.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom