Question: Mazda Lantis Turbo

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

xavier

Known Member
This goes out to all the B8 Turbo/ 2.0 v6 MAzda users... Wah! Sounds so formal leh.

Anyway, my friend is thinking of buying a Lantis 1.6, then he wants to put in either a Turbo or 2.0 v6 engine. Problem is he wants Automatic transmission. Anyone knows of any turbo engine with auto transmission for the Lantis?

Which one is better for performance, Turbo or the 2.0 v6?

Can the Lantis 1.6 chasis/body take the power of a Turbo engine?

Would appreciate your feedbacks! Cheers :shades_smile:

i would said both also not bad in term of performance. has few friends driving lantis with V6 n 210 turbo also. no need worry about the body problem.

regarding turbo or NA, it depend on the own's preferences. the v6 is a very smooth drive, can feel the power all the way to redlines. it is a very happy revving engine.

turbo, u can feel the G when u press the pedal. but fuel is quite $$ nowadays.

for turbo conversion, u will need to spend more money. now the halfcut for 180 is around 3.5k but then u need to find a gearbox that cost around 1-2k.

for v6, the price range around 2.5-3.5k. but is a complete halfcut. u only need to dump in everything u got from the halfcut n is plug n play only. my friend jsut bought one halfcut for 2.8k n is manual. for auto i think will be cheaper than that. :)

Thanx, ondgennis! Thanx for d input. I'm actually thinking of getting the V6 engine to replace my 1.8 engine. HArhar. How much pluis labour to change to V6? Mine is an auto.

Nyways, is there any Automatic transmission for Mazda turbo engine?

i not sure how much liao..should be around 1-1.2k, dont know got part included or not. but dont worry la..is a straight forward job.

my friend one is v6 manual with lsd. very nice n smooth, some more got power. the FC also nice.

hye there xavier...
as far as i know, there aren't any auto transmission for the B8 180 or 210 coz we need to match wif a G-series gbox from the lantis 1.8 or familia BH 1.8. the auto maybe can fit but i doubt it can handle the power. however, the V6 is a better choice compared to the economic conditions these days...

yup b8T don't come with auto transmision.. got one car in killerbees members using B8T with auto gear box.. the gear box i dun know he take from what model.. i dun know how long it will last.. but should not a prob if u seldom full throtle

Last edited:
For power go for turbo BPZET.....for smoothness go V6......you can put in KLZE 2.5 later on also.....hehe (my friend Omar all use 2.5V6 engine in his mazda cars...)
I f you want to use BPZET have to find G or F series gearbox....95 model use G series (same as Laser TX3 plug and play)....for 96+ model use F series G box....need to use 8.8inch flywheel and racing clutch set to get the same clamping Force as std B8)......in terms of pricing of course V6 is cheaper.....

AM

izrail77,
any extra info for the BPZET? what is the power rating, from what car ...etc
hehe..want to know more about it also.
i know ur friend omar also...hehehe...
now the v6 engine is getting hotter n hotter now..already got 3 friends of mine convert to v6 liao

Klze

Dennis
Long time no see.....hows your car bro??I think last time we met at kbees dyno run at GT........ any upgrade??Like your MS spoilerlah....bila mau masuk KLZE?Omar dynoed not bad at 160WHP.....AF too rich at top end.....kalau lean lagi boleh up sikit lagi HP.....what u want to know on turbo bro??Try check this site....very nice for info......semua ada.....B8 gearbox auto pun ada....

http://www.protegefaq.net/

AM

hehehe..i think u miss out already.
i plan to go one but at last cant make it.
B8 with MS spoiler...i also cant think out is whos one. what color of the car?it is red?

MS spoiler

Yes red......good to know you if we never met anyway.....

the red color one should be vincent. it is with 4 tail pipes?
that is a KF power lantis :)

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom