Engine upgrade for Mazda Astina 323?

extrem23

Jan 4, 2007

I am driving Mazda Astina 323 with stock B6 SOHC Carb 1.6 Engine (Manual Transmission)
I am looking for an upgrade with limited budget. (say RM 3-4k?)

I may not looking into those extreme upgrade like Turbocharged B8T 180 /210 (not affordable)

Q1: What else options around? B6 DOHC Injection 1.6? Lantis B8 1.8 NA?

Q2: Can Lantis's B8 1.8 NA Engine a direct fit to my Astina 323? Do I need just the engine or must get a half cut?

Q3: Is B6T is an good option? What is the total cost for that (including transplaint fee?

Pls advise.
Thanx in advance for any valuable input.

++If anyone have good offer can also PM me.

hungJAcky

Oct 3, 2007
bro, look around for b8 na/turbo..direct fit to astina..my b8 na on my astina is not bad..plan to change the enjin..cause the compression of the engine not so good leady..if u have limited budget myb u can take my enjin and do some overhaul with it(if its still good enough)..thn it should be good after u overhaul it.

extrem23

Jan 4, 2007
Hi Hung/ Jacky,

Thanx for your reply. :)
may I know what exactly your B8 NA engine spec? is it the one from Lantis 1.8 DOHC?
Good to hear that's a direct fit into Astina, what other part I will need? how about the ECU, gearbox etc?

How's your engine condition, will a overhaul really fix the prob of low compression ?
And what the cost look like?

Thanx again.

++ Just found out that u are just stay around my plce :)
KL/Cheras/Belakong :P

hungJAcky

Oct 3, 2007
yeh...so near..hehe..myb we can meet up somedays whn we'r free bro..
my eng is the b8 na 1.8,the one from lantis..gearbox u can use back 1.6 the ori..myb just change better clutch plate..something like that..

about my engine im not so sure bout it..have to see the whole block bro..my top is lousy,but i dont know whether the block is even lousier anot..myb it still can use..(take out engine 1st)

cost i think around 1k to overhaul the whole enjin..new engine cost about 2k nw..
i got a fren which own a workshop around leisure mall..he can giv us a help..:)

extrem23

Jan 4, 2007
Hi again,
I actually stay at Bandar Damai Perdana, Juist near the ABC mamak and 118 Restaurant,
I started to worry about your engine :P
But if it can be done by an overhaul, that should be fine.
I normally will only be free by weekend.

So what's your plan? if u go for the new engine, I can pay a visit with u at your friend's
workshop. :driver:

hungJAcky

Oct 3, 2007
i know whr's damai perdana..hehe..my fren stay thr bro..myb we should meet up and have some drink 1st..we can talk though the night la..:biggrin:i never notice a white astina around that area..:wavey:
take my contact down, jacky 012-2527279

extrem23

Jan 4, 2007
Sorry, bro.... been really really busy lately....
no time to sleep also...even on the weekend. :sleep:

How's your ride? Gonna get a new engine?

izrail77

Jun 14, 2006
Any Lantis/ Lynx engine will fit properly....1.8 manual gbox hard to come by though thats the best for future BPZET upgrade.....1.8 BPZE will get you around 130HP which is enough for normal use.....auto also ok.......hcut going around 3-4k for BPZE Auto......total conversion cost around 6k+ depending parts replacement....

AM

hungJAcky

Oct 3, 2007
hey bro, i think i saw ur car parking outside that day..white astina..hehe..my ride ar ? i don't think i wanna waste anymore more $$ on it..just gonna try to maintain this engine and ride it as long as posibble..im also quite busy lately..just keep in touch lah..

izrail was just talking about total conversion of a perfect combination, 1.8 gear box and good b8 engine..is gonna cost u quite a lot of buck bro, think about it whn u have more free time..:)

maf7

May 10, 2004
Sunway/Melaka
Mazda 626/ ford telstar engine also good enough inside mazda..
2.0 NA...
engine code FE3...
halfcut i think bout 3.5k...
good pickup..
my friend put it inside ford laser KF...

bobrio

Mar 12, 2009
you guys have any idea where can get halfcut b6 auto in cheap price ??any shop to recomen?

alionos

Jul 26, 2009
Malacca
hi bro, you have a foreman near lm which is pro in mazda lantis??i nd an engine upgrade. searching for one now

All,

Planning to get some stuff from overseas and I was stuck as they ask which engine I'm using now. When I told them I'm having a Mitsu E2, they are not sure and ask me whether it's a 6 bolts and 7 bolts engine...????

So my questions, what is 6 bolts and 7 bolts? Which engine is using 6 bolts and which is using 7 bolts?

vr4, e1, e2, e3 - 6 bolts???
e4 and above - 7 bolts????