proton hartge tarmac rally 2005

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Eh?? my posting dissapeared. T Djan Ley(Prince of Drift) and Gary Lee in the R3 Gen2 Rally Car finished 1st in class 5 and 2nd overall. Could have done better but our cars gearing wasn't suitable to the long long straights. max with the ultra short gearing was only 180km/h

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
the car was very good.. and it drew the most attention i think. great team work by the R3 race crew as well, kept everything rolling like clockwork.

for you R3 owners, you would be happy to know that Djan and myself used the roadgoing satria R3 with stage 2kit for recce, and the car isn't very far off the race pace. I think it will do pretty well stripped down, and with just a roll cage bolted on.

during the rally, the Satria R3 was the "0" car, and was thrashed thru all the stages at race pace by an experienced rally crew, running in front of all the other competitors.

The car survived without a single problem.

Service park

Last edited:

syed mohd irfan

Known Member
Apr 2, 2006
i,ve got a p.putra full R3 spec n plan on joining the next event. plan 2 take on t.djan hehehehe....

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
wow.. a reply after such a long time.. anyways.. sorry man.. i dont have any other pics on that day, these were taken by myself with my tiny compact camera. most of the time, was too busy to take any pics. I wonder if anyone else was there that day, coz im looking for more pics as well.

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
it looks like a 4G93P "terbalik" version suited for the gen2 with crank pulleys on the left side i/o right..wud love to get my hands on one of them...have only seen such engines but turbo version i.e. 4g93T on the newer GSRs and Lancer Ralliart Turbo here in Sg....

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
No it's not. I believe I have mentioned it before but the 4G93P fitted in the GEN Tarmac Rally Car is the same orientation as the engine in the Satria, and all other 1.8 4G93P for that matter.

The engine mounting points was engineered by R3 to fit said engine which has the timing belt on the right side (when viewed from the front of the car)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is part 2 of the detail which is paint correction, which is also the one that I am not satisfied with and am greatly humbled. Still got a lot to learn on detailing super soft black paint.

Some damage assessment under the sun and with halogens...

Many general swirls...

RIDS and paint chips at some parts of the car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience