Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

retrofit1

Known Member
Feb 17, 2008
only changing block then need to register

registering it properly will give you a peace of mind whenever u drive ur car...dunneed feel nervous when see jpj car ka, jpj block ka, trust me it is worth it to go through the hassles for a complete peace of mind

insurance evrything all will be ok, as long as u register

punching number will have its risks...if do a bit not cun, how? can do la, but got risk...

oh well...my 0.02 ringgit onli hehe
Agreed with you tofu.But I checked with runner the cost to register is like this:

Surat kastam for the block=rm450
Surat Pelepasan Bank=rm80
Inspection & endorsed by JPJ=rm550

TOTAL COST=RM 1080:bawling::bawling::bawling:

I can buy one more engine kosong with this amount or upgrade other things.:banghead:

Anybody here had punch their block but still pass through JPJ roadblock?

azrin95

Known Member
Jul 11, 2008
Hai guys,

Nice info from you all...

At the mean time i just do:-

-change plug cable to 9mm - is it will increase the pick up?
-put in 1.6 flywheel - for pick up also isn't it?
-change extractor to 4-2-1 - will increase the pick or not, not try yet.
-sport muffler - after change the extractor, song like exhaust perang, any power after change this, also dunno.

Not touching the engine yet...just syok2 only.....:)

The BOT project pending for a while......COST²..... :biggrin:

Top speed can get 175km/h :driver:..........is it enough for ur guys?

azrin95

Known Member
Jul 11, 2008
Ehheheh....me also not register yet.....but still in standard stock....

Why so expensive the endorsement chargest.....changing from 1.3 to 2.0 arrr??:hmmmm:

My fren just ask me for RM120 only to sent for endorse and 'kawal selia'...thats all.....

Changing from 1.3 to 1.5.....

retrofit1

Known Member
Feb 17, 2008
Ehheheh....me also not register yet.....but still in standard stock....

Why so expensive the endorsement chargest.....changing from 1.3 to 2.0 arrr??:hmmmm:

My fren just ask me for RM120 only to sent for endorse and 'kawal selia'...thats all.....

Changing from 1.3 to 1.5.....
Is it?That really cheap bro.BTW your new engine have surat kastam before?Your location azrin?The price I asked the runner is to change 1.3to 1.5 only not to 2.0.Didnt dare to asked, scared later on I pengsan.:bawling:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
retrofit, it shudnt cost that much to register...my 1.5 block with document costs rm600 lidat....then registration, i just pay runner rm 2xx for evrything settle...i think ur runner gave u a quote for swapping a 2jz into ur car, hehehe

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
Hai guys,

Nice info from you all...

At the mean time i just do:-

-change plug cable to 9mm - is it will increase the pick up?
-put in 1.6 flywheel - for pick up also isn't it?
-change extractor to 4-2-1 - will increase the pick or not, not try yet.
-sport muffler - after change the extractor, song like exhaust perang, any power after change this, also dunno.

Not touching the engine yet...just syok2 only.....:)

The BOT project pending for a while......COST²..... :biggrin:

Top speed can get 175km/h :driver:..........is it enough for ur guys?
1. no, bigger plug cable does not give u better pickup...the only situation where it would help if ur old cable kong....or u oledi max out the mods on ur engine, more air more fuel then u need more fire, then u look at the ignition side, for a moderately stock engine, the stock cable is good enough

besides that, thicker is not better, it is the material inside that counts, some is thick because there is a thicker outside insulation

2. bigger flywheel does not give u more pickup...imagine u r the engine...then u put a certain amount of effort to spin a smaller flywheel...and then u swap to a bigger flywheel...u would have to put more effort into spinning the larger flywheel

even if u skim the larger flywheel to the original smaller flywheel weight, it will still be harder for the engine to spin it because there is more weight further away from the center...imagine u holding a broomstick, and then u hold the top of one end of the stick, one end on the floor, easy to spin isnt it? then u try put ur hand in between the two ends (in the middle) and try to spin the broom, alot harder now...even though the same weight, but harder to spin, the same case with ur flywheel

the reason why ppl 'feel' more pickup is because when they let go the clutch, the car feels like it wants to jump forward...feels like engine so torquey

this is not because the car becomes faster, but it is just because the larger flywheel stores more energy than the smaller one, that is why when u let go the clutch, the heavy flywheel with all its bigger spinning strength (hehe dunno scientific term, rotational inertia?) will cause ur car to jump forward...it also makes it easier for u to do a mini burnout as compared to before...

3. changing to an aftermarket extractor will make it easier for the engine to push the exhaust gases out, definitely will help, but do go for more established brands, like powerzone, hotbits, or zenden

4. the muffler at the back, i prefer to use a straight through one, at the expense of more noise

piping size is also important...for normal 4g15s 1.7 to 1.8 inch would be okay, 2 inches i feel is for the all-out drag ones....

just my 2 sen...

azrin95

Known Member
Jul 11, 2008
Is it?That really cheap bro.BTW your new engine have surat kastam before?Your location azrin?The price I asked the runner is to change 1.3to 1.5 only not to 2.0.Didnt dare to asked, scared later on I pengsan.:bawling:
Bro, it depend to workshop who done the installation....the foreman is my friend and he said it is enough already....

I love to do it myself for the endorsement...from my friend it is not complicated....

You can find the form for endorsement from the internet...go to the JPJ website and print the form from there and you just fill in...but you must have complete document to enclose with the form....copy of 'geran', copy of D/O & resit & copy of custom form....if care still have a loan...must have bank letter cost about RM50.00....CIMB bank...last week i'm asking for the bank letter...they seek for document that i dun have...Must sent to JPJ Putrajaya either walk in or post....

Go to the the JPJ or post it to the JPJ....maybe have to wait around two weeks for the letter from JPJ for 'kawal selia' at Puspakom.At puspakom they will charge you RM40.00 for the inspection....and others i dunno.....

This is from my friend expirience...he DIY...maybe he lost some time & petrol..but he satisfied...

My location is at Tmn Sri Sentosa.....Key Ell...Mine also have surat kastam for engine...sin 1.5 engine...

Pasir Gudang....where...Tmn cendana?Air Biru?Pasir Putih?

Correct me if i'm wrong....still noob....:biggrin:

azrin95

Known Member
Jul 11, 2008
1. no, bigger plug cable does not give u better pickup...the only situation where it would help if ur old cable kong....or u oledi max out the mods on ur engine, more air more fuel then u need more fire, then u look at the ignition side, for a moderately stock engine, the stock cable is good enough

besides that, thicker is not better, it is the material inside that counts, some is thick because there is a thicker outside insulation

2. bigger flywheel does not give u more pickup...imagine u r the engine...then u put a certain amount of effort to spin a smaller flywheel...and then u swap to a bigger flywheel...u would have to put more effort into spinning the larger flywheel

even if u skim the larger flywheel to the original smaller flywheel weight, it will still be harder for the engine to spin it because there is more weight further away from the center...imagine u holding a broomstick, and then u hold the top of one end of the stick, one end on the floor, easy to spin isnt it? then u try put ur hand in between the two ends (in the middle) and try to spin the broom, alot harder now...even though the same weight, but harder to spin, the same case with ur flywheel

the reason why ppl 'feel' more pickup is because when they let go the clutch, the car feels like it wants to jump forward...feels like engine so torquey

this is not because the car becomes faster, but it is just because the larger flywheel stores more energy than the smaller one, that is why when u let go the clutch, the heavy flywheel with all its bigger spinning strength (hehe dunno scientific term, rotational inertia?) will cause ur car to jump forward...it also makes it easier for u to do a mini burnout as compared to before...

3. changing to an aftermarket extractor will make it easier for the engine to push the exhaust gases out, definitely will help, but do go for more established brands, like powerzone, hotbits, or zenden

4. the muffler at the back, i prefer to use a straight through one, at the expense of more noise

piping size is also important...for normal 4g15s 1.7 to 1.8 inch would be okay, 2 inches i feel is for the all-out drag ones....

just my 2 sen...
Eheheh...thanks bro....at speed 175km/h my satria melayang-layang already...for me i think it is enough already....

Expirience from the 1.6 flywheel....at 4th gear i must press until the end torque...then only i change to the 5th gear....

Correct me if i'm wrong.......:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
K_Takuya : Your battery boiling problem fixed or not? Sounds like you have a short circuit or your alternator over charging?

Azrin : aiya.. Evo X is out. Change car la.:biggrin:

azrin95

Known Member
Jul 11, 2008
K_Takuya : Your battery boiling problem fixed or not? Sounds like you have a short circuit or your alternator over charging?

Bro, don't have enough money la to buy EVO....event i have also, to maintain it also 'garuk kepala'. :biggrin:

I want the FEEL from the mod that i've done.....some people like 'AS IT IS' and don want mod anything....ehehheheh....MOD to the exterior...interior only la.....

retrofit1

Known Member
Feb 17, 2008
Bro, it depend to workshop who done the installation....the foreman is my friend and he said it is enough already....

I love to do it myself for the endorsement...from my friend it is not complicated....

You can find the form for endorsement from the internet...go to the JPJ website and print the form from there and you just fill in...but you must have complete document to enclose with the form....copy of 'geran', copy of D/O & resit & copy of custom form....if care still have a loan...must have bank letter cost about RM50.00....CIMB bank...last week i'm asking for the bank letter...they seek for document that i dun have...Must sent to JPJ Putrajaya either walk in or post....

Go to the the JPJ or post it to the JPJ....maybe have to wait around two weeks for the letter from JPJ for 'kawal selia' at Puspakom.At puspakom they will charge you RM40.00 for the inspection....and others i dunno.....

This is from my friend expirience...he DIY...maybe he lost some time & petrol..but he satisfied...

My location is at Tmn Sri Sentosa.....Key Ell...Mine also have surat kastam for engine...sin 1.5 engine...

Pasir Gudang....where...Tmn cendana?Air Biru?Pasir Putih?

Correct me if i'm wrong....still noob....:biggrin:
I stay in Taman Mawar,PG.It seems like not cost so much if you do your self.The main thing here for me to get block with surat kastam first.
Azrin, can ask your friend to endorse it for me kah later on.I pay him abit lah.:biggrin:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh

Hi Izso,

today went to a workshop at gombak, he said boiling is normal (is it? this is my first time experience it since near 3 years i bought the car) Until now haven't do anything to the battery to repair the problem..now just got back from ipoh..too tired, total 3 days i traveled near 1.5k km already...:bawling:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
....Top speed can get 175km/h :driver:..........is it enough for ur guys?
I have something to share. I used to get 180kmh easily before. that time i used custom gapping spark plug. A normal Bosch plug which i cut off half the horizontal top part and shape the tip of it into a triangular shape. And i love the results and ive been using it for more than 6 months! Now, few weeks before today, i had to change the plug due to not working properly/misfiring (lifetime limit i guess). So i bought the Bosch super 4. It was sluggish. Then i made the gap off the four points nearer to the center core. It turns out better a bit. But still, take more time from 160 to 180 than the old custom plug. If you are using normal plug, try playing around with it. But if u already using a performance plug, i think the plug itself is already at its best.

Anyway, plug play just a minor part..

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So here we are bring you three of the most important exhibitors at the recently concluded Tokyo Auto Salon: Mugen with their Supercharged Honda Fit, a 500+hp MINE'S Creation, and the track only SUPER GT contender, the GT500.

HONDA FIT MUGEN

There are two things we...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience