Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

Thanks Skywalker..

No wonder my car consumes petrol like crazy nowdays. Is there any shop selling exedy 3 puck clutch or the oem here at ipoh which can do a good installation?

exedy when over heat it starts to slip, and one thing too, in a jam exedy clutch suck, is not responsive at all, overheats fast, i have that problem last time..., anyway super touring is for pick up la....., dont have to lighten it too, will lost top speed and the flywheel is actually from a 1.6 car..., 4G-91 all cannot pasang.

exedy when over heat it starts to slip, and one thing too, in a jam exedy clutch suck, is not responsive at all, overheats fast, i have that problem last time..., anyway super touring is for pick up la....., dont have to lighten it too, will lost top speed and the flywheel is actually from a 1.6 car..., 4G-91 all cannot pasang.

exedy overheats during jam? which exedy? oem? 3-puck? exedy is oem for many, many companies....and fyi oem clutches will slip once it starts to overheat lah dude

bout the flywheel, happy that it works out for you hehe

Thanks Skywalker..

No wonder my car consumes petrol like crazy nowdays. Is there any shop selling exedy 3 puck clutch or the oem here at ipoh which can do a good installation?

Should check ur engine mounting too, like izso sed, it could have contributed to the 'shaky' engine

U could try lawrenceyee from this forum, or lelong.com.my, both sells the exedy 3-puck

it took me about 1000 kms to break in the clutch, from what ive read online lah, since there was no manual specifying how long it should take

All in all it is a pretty good clutch, pedal pressure acceptable, quite frenly but harder than stock, and the only thing u gotta put up with is the 'juddering' upon takeoff...but it bites, and this is why u bought the clutch hehe

Just fyi (im sure u noe this edi, but mentioning it for others who may not know) dont drag the clutch to reduce the 'juddering' during take off, not good for clutch

During jams, still cun, no overheat, no slippage, no problems...

Gonna be installing an lsd in a coupla weeks time, just gotten it from powerzone, and gonna see whether this clutch will be up to it

wah.. tofu's car is genting more monstrous...!! :nurse:

talking bout clutch... my car still using stock clutch... thinking to fit in 1.6 clutch with stock flywheel when it wears out.... dont wanto lighten as i dun wanto lose top speed...

anyone have any idea wht cams to use, was think getting high cams for my car, but degree to get and what are the brands available in the market now.... and price...

khguan, mana monstrous lah...only more traction :burnout:
yeap, time to upgrade ur clutch due to the nature of ur 'stocknia' car :bandit:

d_man86, popular brands are pipercam, powerzone, matspeed, maddriver also got....
pipercam cheapest, at rm5xx to 7xx, powerzone/matspeed at rm12xx, maddriver's one not sure

personally id recommend powerzone/matspeed, maddriver not sure

anyways, do clarify on the exedy clutch issue :confused:

like i said be4 exedy on car my dont really wont that well, slip when i go for few rounds of drag...., after using mitsubishi clutch works better, not only on my car , and also a few other.... cheaper way to get better result la..., thats all i can say.

like i said be4 exedy on car my dont really wont that well, slip when i go for few rounds of drag...., after using mitsubishi clutch works better, not only on my car , and also a few other.... cheaper way to get better result la..., thats all i can say.

which exedy? oem or 3 puck?

anyone have any idea wht cams to use, was think getting high cams for my car, but degree to get and what are the brands available in the market now.... and price...
in fact what matters most in highcams are the lift.. durations aint really important... thats why u see powerzone cams are jz 264 and yet many people recommmend it...

i heard that Powerzone are regrind cams.. so resulting in lower lift... but PZ cams comes with the rocker arm set... the rocker arms are modified to get higher lift.. i guess that compensated the lower valve lift from the cams.. i'm using PZ cams anyway...

yah.. anyone looking for Pipercams can contact me... the 4g13/15 specs - 270 intake, 275 exhaust... and Pipercams are billet cams..

i heard that Powerzone are regrind cams.. so resulting in lower lift... but PZ cams comes with the rocker arm set... the rocker arms are modified to get higher lift.. i guess that compensated the lower valve lift from the cams.. i'm using PZ cams anyway...

yah.. anyone looking for Pipercams can contact me... the 4g13/15 specs - 270 intake, 275 exhaust... and Pipercams are billet cams..
billet??... i thought all local pipercams are regrind cams??..

this one i not sure.. but when i look at the real thing.. the cam lobes are quite high n sharp.. and checked their website.. it mentioned the cams are machined from billet...

it's regrind bro.hehehe....i even supplied them a few stock cam when they run out of it.:rofl:

then what should i take note on high cams..., how do i know which is good for my car. and worry ECU dont match with the car when using high cam, anyway i'm using VDO, so worry la

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom