Plugging mp3 player straight to amp?

Kusa

500 RPM
Hi sifus,

After being a victim of a recent break-in with the result of my HU being stolen, I have decided to do away with HUs and plan to bring my mp3 player instead.

Question is, would it be possible to plug the mp3 player straight to the amp? If so, some diagrams would be nice!

Thank you in advance!

Kusa said:
Hi sifus,

After being a victim of a recent break-in with the result of my HU being stolen, I have decided to do away with HUs and plan to bring my mp3 player instead.

Question is, would it be possible to plug the mp3 player straight to the amp? If so, some diagrams would be nice!

Thank you in advance!

can, bt u need to buy a cable which 1 connector tat can plug into d mp3 player n then split to AV cable (red n white)

then u need to make a suis to on d amp.........very ez n simple.........

Get a high-lo converter... splice it into a minijack on the MP3 player and you would be good to go.. SQ wont be so good tho

Just buy a cheap HU like BROTHERS brand and nobody would steal it.

Then you can go buy that cigarette lighter socket thingy where u can plug in any usb thumbdrive into it and tune your el-chepo HU to a certain radio channel and viola!! U can listen to ur MP3 on radio

The other option is Brother's HU that has an USB interface for you to plug in your USB thumbdrive. I saw it advertised in the newspapers last week I think.

Or get a HU with detachable face. When going out wif gf can put in her handbag =)

Personally I prefer HU's as 1) they have better sampling rates etc and 2) I can bring thousands of mp3's on just a few CDs.

Another thing is that if u connect your mp3 player directly to amp, sound quality might not be that good if the player is a basic one. You'd probably require other add-ons (equalizer etc) if you want better sounding audio, unless you don't bother about the audio quality.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom