Perdana V6 Community Forum *

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
Alas, My eterna TTrs Jerking Problem at 5k RPM solved... my Denso Iridiums lasted only 30,00 KM... Damn... was hoping at least 50,000 on them despite their advertised 100,000 KM usable lifetime !.

1. Need some other input : Feel like doing a major overhaul on my engine, striping and rebuilding it, port and polish the intake and exhaust valves , basically giving it some much needed love and pamper, but my foreman say the stock engine is the BEST, after opening it up there my be alot of problems, and it wont be as reliable as stock before opening the engine up ( Compression lost, power lost... bla bla bla ) I wonder if this is true ? should i just leave my EternaTT engine alone and let it run its course until something breaks before fixing it?

2. Thinking of changing my perdana's color ( Last time spray 2 times also black ) nowadays malaysia's sun is damn hot, my car black, leather seats black, park under sun 2 hours can cook Ayam Belanda inside the car already. So far, White, red, Yellow , Subaru Blue... ticked off the list... Any other suggestion ? was thinking the New Honda City titanium grey... or the Gtr34 Z-tune silver ( Paint code KY0), wonder if Perdana can Carry it well...

Thanks for the feedback guys... much appreciated

Cheers :)

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
apala yr pomen, stripping the engine & rebuilding it back is still std ma...not to say u masuk hi cam,
forged pistons etc... anyways it took me bout 2 mths for my pomen to rebuild my engine.....
i gave him the engine manual , bout 7" thick, he went thru it, follow all procedures, in the end it was a job well done,
but unfortunately he trashed my car in the end...

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
Oh yeah i remember your story Danz :) anyway jangan sakit hati lah... past already... probably paving the way for a R35 for you instead :)

I guess its down to finding a reliable foreman.... Damn 2 months is a blood long time.... How much did it cost ? Did u take the opportunity to do Port and polish as well ?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
haha, no hard feelings intended too...even i met my previous pomen not long ago, i still chit chat with him,
R35? no la, can never afford it, if i do id rather buy a house bro....R32 able to le....but not now....
im still happy with my R32 made in malaysia haha.....

i spend rm3k on workmanship, parts bout close to rm2k.....i buy bit by bit......
port & polish done, just never change pistons althought my wall calar abit, but no budget, so just change piston ring only.

Sea Dragon

Nov 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
My pomen says if got no spare car, buy another engine, then he will remake the second engine to full standard specs in about 3-5 weeks (fastest) depending on the engine condition. That includes P&P, balancing the shafts etc etc. Once done, just need about 2-4 days to take out old engine and install newly reconditioned engine. You buy the parts on your own at your own preferred spare-part shop. You can choose to either get your hands dirty and help him install the engine or just watch him do it.

If got not much budget, buy the parts bit by bit and give it to him to work on. That way, you still have a car that you can use, at the same time, slowly building up your spare engine for the time when it breaks down. Also workable with G/Boxes. Kinda like an investment/insurance scheme. The best thing is if your engine@g/b kong, no need to fork out large sum in short time to fix....:wink::wink:

Last edited:

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
go for rvr or 6a12tt auto. bro....
yaya, lets play auto turbos, bertambah la geng aku..
anyway for auto turbos, go for Eclipse or RVR (4 pistons), IMHO less headache compared to 6 pistons..
I like V6 sound better as last time i have vr4 on my wira but i agreed that 4 pistons are way less headache...

nasgohan

Sep 30, 2011
Johor Bahru
Convert Perdana Auto to Manual !
Hi All,
Just to share with anyone who might need info and advice.He HE HE
It been a while since the last time i was here.
That time i was asking everyone here how to convert my auto SEI to manual.
I did my own research on what type of gbox can be used,gear lever & pedals etc will suite SEI on the net,individual,friend and formen.
But it dont really help me much as i havent see it yet right in front of my eyes.
Started from scratch,
After 2 month my SEI succefully converted to manual gbox(codes - F5M222-VVKF).
The feeling when accelerator pushed hard?Dammned shit cool and cannot be described.
To all bro here who might facing the same problem with me on our lovely perdana,
it is actually not so difficult to be done.
It is just we must have the right information,experienced and can be trusted formen and enough money.
For me,ive paid a very2 expensive prices to get all the three factor above.
For me(my personal opinion) theres 2 type of manual conversion type.
1)(Perfect and excellent)
This gonna cost you around 4.5-5k(Depend on the market price at ur place).All item are original taken from Original Eterna 4 piston manual(Mounting,Gbox (222 VVKF),gearlever,all pedals,starter,flywheel,pressure plate,clutch plate etc.With these package it can be plug and play with some minor adjustment.Remember bro ! Original eternal gear lever and all pedals make a very difference in term of gear changes smoothness compater to modify evo’s lever and pedals.
2)(Budget and asal boleh jer)
This gonna cost you around 3.5k-4k.Mounting right and rear must be modify,Most of the formen used 1.8 original wira japan recond gbox codes 222 RRXE or 222 VRXE or HICOM(Malaysia) Satria GTI and Putra 1.8 gbox(Not reliable),Some formen used Evo 123 gbox also,A need to modify Evo or wira gear lever,wira clutch pedal only(gear susah masuk,clutch x ngam and keras),8.5 inch flywheel set etc.with this selection ur perdana converted to manual but you gonna lost your peace and got head ache.
FYA – Wether ur perdana is a SEI or V6 the process are just the same.it is just the gbox are not the sama as V6 came with codes 332

For me I paid for selection 1 ,
But the first fucking bastard formen cheated(panjang cerita bro )me by giving me all the item from selection 2.
Ive been thru all the shit and my concern are just want share info so that you all will not have to faced all the problem that ive been thru.Senang je BRO klu dh tau,Tak Susah mana pun nk convert manual.Kacang jer!
For more info just give me a call.He He HE
:driver:

iejoi

Aug 7, 2010
Kluang Johor
nice info neway... but for newbie like me still need to rely on foreman... for what they hav said... got no choice need to follow unless i do manage to get in touch with frens n ask for d opinion .... never give up... learn through d pain but still its an expensive experience ....

mieji93

Sep 27, 2011
Kota Bharu
hi all . so,my tt engine cannot be use anymore. so i decided to sell all the part . anyone that interested can send me a massage at 0179651558 .

elvinwan

Dec 17, 2005
hello,i am elvin,can any 1 let me know wich angine is better to use for outstation.cos before this i am using satria gti 1.8 gsr.so far the car was sold n now i finding perdana turbo,but need help from u guy wich angine is better to use....can any 1 let me know....i am new user for perdana,maybe u guy have any convo can i join...haha....

elvinwan

Dec 17, 2005
OK.but they say twin turbo many problem....is it true???cos i need to decide wish angine to buy......

brokenfuse

Jan 24, 2007
hi all.. recently i've convert my 6a12 v6 to manual transmission.. is it true that i need to change my driveshaft to manual too? now i'm still using the automatic driveshaft... the problem is when i wanna go for some pickup..i can hear loud noise from my ds... it extremely loud when i'm driving uphill... but it only happend on 1st and 2nd gear...

if true that i need to replace my DS... can anybody show me where to get it.. tq

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if not mistaken manual DS is slightly longer...

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

if u using 312 or 332 la...if u using 222 or 232 should be same as auto.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
hello,i am elvin,can any 1 let me know wich angine is better to use for outstation.cos before this i am using satria gti 1.8 gsr.so far the car was sold n now i finding perdana turbo,but need help from u guy wich angine is better to use....can any 1 let me know....i am new user for perdana,maybe u guy have any convo can i join...haha....
for long distance travel, i'd recommend V6TT like Danz said.
but if u wanna get 4 piston engine, its also ok what, its a little bit noisier than v6 engine la.
but my RVR turbo also smooth while cruising.

my fren (who owns a V6TT) commented that my car while cruising (normal speed and hi speed), is smooth and quiet. but when driving slowly, like in housing area or in town, is kinda noisy. haha..

i'm using 222... it only happend when at 1st and 2nd gear... huhu
could be ur DS rosak?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Need to know wether it is legal or illegal if standard original Satria Gti with bolt on turbo kit. as far as im concern proton does sell Satria Gti turbo kits. i need to know what happen if jpj finds out. will they ask to go for inspection or will they advice to disamble back the turbo kits.

Anyone with experience pls answer???thanks guys
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience