pajero non-turbo convert to turbo

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
no problem will let you know what i decided. But in mean time in negeri here is nothing but 4D57T (Turbo Diesel) halfcut.
Forgotten to inform u that that is 1 engine called RVR where it is using 4g63T engine..RVR is a 4 x 4 just like Airtrek..
Hope u can get more info on this..:shades_smile:
Mitsubishi RVR
Good Luck...

Last edited:

Civic996

Oct 22, 2006
Word of advise.... Do not use petrol engines in 4WD. The 3.0V6 drinks petrol like nobody's business.. the 2.6 old petrol engine no power and high fuel consumption. I had a LO47 2.6 petrol two years back. Sold it after 6 months. Killer.. the 3.0V6 driven it couple of times ten years ago... killer...
A friend of mine put in Evo2 onto his LO47 two years back.. killed his gearbox... now he is running 1JZ on a Toyota Landcruiser II.

faxsmoulder

Known Member
Jan 8, 2004
Seremban
www.alexsitan.com
mag,

thanks for your info. i know that RVR and i seen it that other day at the wrecker shop (potong kereta). My final decision i bought the V6 half cut for RM3000. By Monday my mechanic will start work on my Pajero.

Civic,

I understand the Petrol drink like no tomorrow but it's ok not for everyday driving. I'm sure nothing beat the Turbo Engine conversion which i think will cause more damage and hassle rather than serving me well. Again if i option the current diesel, i cbf to send this car for JPJ every 6 month for puspakom inspection.

Civic996

Oct 22, 2006
OIC... not for everyday drive... not so bad lah...

Anyway any 4x4 forum around. I have a Isuzu Redeo and a Ford Ranger for my guys.. now thinking of a Toyota Land Cruiser 4.2Turbo Diesel... secondhand of course or modding a Toyota Landcruiser II with Toyota 1KZ turbo diesel 3.0 or 1JZ. any comments

faxsmoulder

Known Member
Jan 8, 2004
Seremban
www.alexsitan.com
Civic,

UJZ 100 Land Cruiser is fantastic. But the downside is 4.2 Diesel you going to make a big whole inside your wallet every year unless you register under commercial. If you driving such luxury 4wd i wouldn't want to have commercial writing next on your door panel.

Toyota Landcruiser II u talking is UJZ 80 (ninja turtle) or the older version of Prado? If you talking the older version Prado i think might as well don't get it. That 4wd isn't cheap due to the demand in Agriculture industry.

So far i also newer came across any 4x4 forum.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
V6...
Ok also..as long as u have satisfied with it ok liao..
If not powerful enough u can swap in 6a12 or 6a13 turbine inside..
or put 1 turbo also ok..hehe..
Let me know the power...
Good Luck..

Civic996

Oct 22, 2006
Faxsmoulder,

I was refering to UJZ80 (ninja turtle).. old turtle.. year 1996. of course have to be registered commercial.. non green engine around 15K road tax... after recent discount of 40% still 9K.. registered RM 1.6K a year...

The other option is the Landcruiser II... old Prado... Cost around 15K to 30K depending on condition.. usually Year 85 - 92..

Thanks for your advise. PM me if you come across any local 4x4 forum... or hope ZTH comes out with a 4x4 forum..

May 8, 2007
aiyaaaa.............1JZ??? u never know how fast tat mitsubishi diesel engine can run bro..... in sabah, diesel faster than 1jz which swap to 4WD body man! but after modified laaaaaa. i always support diesel.

nomaks

Aug 25, 2006
just put 13bt or 15bt more power full .
1 Jz or 2Jz not for long distance .

Aug 11, 2010
Tanjong Karang
Actually I very like 4x4 cars but the main issue it the roadtax and the maintainance...
If dun, I will have a 047T at 8000 bucks onli...
At the end also $$$ main issue...hahahaha...
Will wait for your new project picture...Good Luck to u...
can't wait ;)

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

Forgotten to inform u that that is 1 engine called RVR where it is using 4g63T engine..RVR is a 4 x 4 just like Airtrek..
Hope u can get more info on this..:shades_smile:
Mitsubishi RVR
Good Luck...
Yeahh i use it in My Pajero L047. the performance not bad!! that's without performance part, just standard modified, if u change the adjustable cam,'banana'(dunno the jargon) etc it will increase pick up!!! Thats what i put effort next. Just watch my L047 in youtube>>YouTube- ‪Pajero L47 2.0 VR4 Turbo‬‎

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
G63B is same as 4G63T,it just have a SOHC cams and simple electronics.....so swap between G63B and 4G63T will be easy ....

3.0V6 is 6G72 which is also use in MMC 3000GT in twin-turbocharged form....but this engine if use in Pajero body it ill guzzle fuel like there is no tomorrow.....

Advice is either get 4G63T or 6G72TT for better on both FC and power if u want to stick within MMC....

Even better options is get 1JZ/1G engine from Toyota,a inline-6 will always provide a smooth torque over the rev range thus giving better power and better fuel economy then a 4 banger or a V-Sixer ...

For the BOT a Diesel "i assume it's a 4D56 NA " it can be done flawlessly,the thing u need to get is Turbo assembly include the exhaust/intake manifold,Injection pump,Intercooler.....

On Diesel working theory,to turbocharge it will be far simpler then petrol counterparts ...

Any question just feel free to ask =)

Gamabuchi

Jul 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Bro Wilson13B,

Base on your post, you saying is G63B and 4G63 is just a same thing. Meaning, if I am looking for parts, can I comfortably says that i can just buy 4G63 parts and put in on my G63B? My G63B came from Mit. Starion. Powerful standard engine. No modification done. Diesel powered but drink diesel like water. Consumption same like the petrol car..

I am not a mechanic, foreman nor student in automotive but i did almost all repair and service on my own, just I don't know what to buy if need replacement. (My starter fail - how to remove this thing?)

1JZ/2JZ, no doubt. Very powerfull engine. I myself transplant 2JZ-GTE in my Landcruiser FZJ80. But the only engine really really not suitable for long distance. 2JZGTE is a very big engine, it take almost 90% space in my FZJ80 engine bay. And yes, 2JZ produce heat like hell. I can feel the heat inside the cabin (long distance run) especially when travelling top speed. Tried insulator. It helps, but very minimal effect.

For people outside there thinking of adding turbocharger in NA engine, better think twice. The reason why I swap my pajero engine, because of adding what no necessary for the engine. My factory Pajero Roti (very old pajero - high roof model) runs with NA engine. I agree with others, the pick up slower than turtle, thus provoking me to put turbocharger inside my engine. with kits, those 'snails' fits perfectly in my engine, but less than a month, i notice my engine starts to make strange knocking and scratching sounds. I send to workshop for inspection. Almost everything inside spoilt. The piston ring, arm rocker ( i believe thats the name), valve, rack, you name it. Probably being in the list are very high. Repairing will cost me 1 engine + workmanship to transplant it in.

Aug 18, 2011
Kedah
Bro GAMABUCHI ,

I just found one unit 4g63B SOHC carburator petrol without turbo. This engine current used by pick-up in Japan with RWD non 4x4.

I plan to install this engine in my V32 because current engine astron 80 4G54 2.6 carburator petrol is to old, top speed can only reach 100km/h.

Based on your experince,

1) how about the 4g63b carburator performance .......is it ok with the V32 body.
2) how about the pick-up and topspeed. better then current 4G54 or not.
3) how about the gear box, can 4g63B match directly to current V32 gearbox which wide block.
4) The 4G63B engine I found is without alternator and aircon compressor. some body was taken out these things. The other part is remain at it place. Can i iuse alternator dan aircon compressor from 4g63 sohc from perdana sei into this engine . please advice me which alternator and aircon compressor suit to this engine.
5) About the mounting to pajero V32 , do we need to modify any mounting or other else.
6) could you give me overal opinion that must be considered before starting my project -replacement 4G54 with 4G63B.

Hope you can reply to m soonest. Hop you can share your experience here.

Thank you in advance.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello guys
my name is SULTAN am from middle east
am new in Malaysia any way when i was in my home town i was drive Honda crx b16a
i bought wira her in kl cuz very cheap than honda this why .
i said to my self want try mitsubishi engine
now am driving wira 4g93t gsr i want upgrade to 400hp cuz the std gsr not enough for me
what should i do ?
and compare between mivec 1.8 turbo vs b16a turbo who can win ?
and mivec 1.8 turbo is it better than 1.8...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience