Optimum Coating : BMW F30 White

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

Today we have here a BMW F30 320i, barely 2 weeks old we were contacted by the owner saying, It is time to get it protected before its too late!

We arrived early in the morning just as the morning sun came out. Upon arrival we took some snap shots of the car.

Malaysia is a tropical country and rain is a major problem contributing to the dirt that fall on cars here.

White cars are prone to dirt and road grime in the wheel arch areas.

Tar is also one of the more visible surface defects you find on white cars too.

Not only dirt is found near the wheels, but tar is also prone to stick to this area.

Luxury cars nowadays have many small edges which dust and dirt can sit in.

We moved down to the smaller details like the exhaust tips. Dirty and covered in carbon.

Speaking about the surface defects, we cleaned the car and inspected the condition of the surface. From the illustration we can see that there were some very light swirls.

Some areas were affected by buffing trails/holograms from the pre-delivery procedures.

As light swirls was visible, we run a pass of cutting compound before we moved on to a perfect finish polish. Here are some final results of the correction.

A much more closer look for your visual enjoyment.

After removing grease and wax from the surface, we are left with a clean sleek surface.

The exhaust tips was treated with some metal polish for the inner wall and because the exterior was what looked to be an anodized surface, we treated it with Stain X to prevent swirling the surface up from metal polishes.

Continental cars are very focused on safety, hence braking is a major concern. So, when braking is a major concern, braking power comes in place, the side effect of epic stopping power is brake dust.

Rims was cleaned inside and out with Osren's Multi Cleaner at full undiluted strength.

Behind the rims was so clean you could eat off it.

After a 2 man, 6 hours detailing and coating, We present you with our humble results.

Stay Tuned as we venture to an epic detailing journey NOT in Malaysia with one of the Top Detailers in Malaysia.

Updates Soon! Follow us on Facebook to more LIVE updates.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Optimum-Auto-Detailing/134543609971783

Last edited:

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
"Stay Tuned as we venture to an epic detailing journey NOT in Malaysia with one of the Top Detailers in Malaysia."
Give some hints-la... no teaser? :confused:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Haha, cannot give first. soon! real soon!

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Recently i wanted to fix a 4 point racing harness in my car. But i couldnt
find anywhere selling a FIA homologated eyebolts to mount the harness.
Anyone noes where can i get them. TQ.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience