Optimum Coating : More Than Just A BMW F30 320i

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

Our articles might is just be simple write ups, but a extensive cleaning, detailing and coating is behind every photo. We present, BMW F30 320i Extended Cleaning edition.

Upon arrival, we always check the car for stains, dirt, sand, how long it has be drive, how long has it been owned, and also swirls, scratches and watermarks.
Here is what we found upon the first gaze, try to imagine what we are looking at when we walk through the customer's gates.

Right, it looked like just any brand new BMW that came out from the showroom, but we assure you, its all misleading!

Some of you may say, "Ya right, its new! What could possibly go wrong? How bad could a BMW be straight from the showroom?" Well, we would say, we had not done many flawless cars in a while.
Moving around the car and,dried for god knows how long bird dropping.

Expecting more? Dirt and Sand? Yes the car may look clean, glossy, and shiny from far.

It rained midnight and the owner waited a week for us to come after collecting the car from the dealership. Road grime, sand, possibly tar spots.

How about the paint condition? Its always good being said it had not been washed and polished by roadside paint killers, But BMW delivers a good quality paint so we wouldn't worry at this stage for fine swirls or even buffing marks.

Under LED, the defects would show and there was no minor defect spotted so far.

Until we moved to the back and saw this. Notice the photo was taken with just natural lighting, it was 10am in the morning.

We inspect to the deepest areas for sand or dust so that we can give the car a real showroom shine.

Moving on to the correction, we started off with the seriously scratched part. Bare in mind that this is a brand new car, collected from the dealership 3 or 4 days ago, the owner had not washed the car. He did file a complaint to the dealership but was not entertained and the scratch was not deem responsible from the sales guys. So...We had to step in to fix it.
With the help of a very high end and expensive compound, we were able to remove the scratch. The correction wasn't 100% but at least, its so hard to spot now.

As we were washing the car, we see the unprotected surface of the paint. No tension, no wax, and no oil. Its all flat.

After washing, cleaning, removing the deep scratch. We gave the twin turbo engine a good clean.

For the wheels, we went all in. As we know, all continental cars are about braking safety, which automatically generates more dust, if you are a BMW owner, you would be cursing every week when you wash your rims. Fortunately, in this case, its a M sport rims, which has less spokes and bigger space for us to go really deep in.

The brake dust collected from barely a week.

Small areas like these are mostly neglected, after a few months it will start to get comfortable and stay there permanently. So to prevent that from happening, please wash your rims to this detailed.

After it has been cleaned, we coated the wheels. A coated wheel will be easier to clean as brake dust loosens faster than normal.

Washing into the barrel to make sure its squeaky clean.

well, as usual the results are for your viewing pleasure. Honestly, we are impressed with the gloss too.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Engine HeadCover

Check this site out
http://www.geocities.com/r3dfire/DIY_engineheadcoverpaint.html

Its about painting the Engine's headcover.
I know this has been brought up before but I thought why not show again with extra details and photos.

I will be putting up the next DIY instructions a few days later which is the see-thru fuel cap cover. I did this on my '97 Hyundai Accent a few months ago.

More photos (and) instructions of other DIY's coming....soon as...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience