oil cooler for evo 3 engine

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi,

I'm planning to Install oil cooler for evo 3, but even 2nd hand wan cost rm1+++, the Taiwan made new wan (greedy,jasma) is around rm3++, my foreman told the original evo 3 oil cooler buy frm halfcut and redo the piping n everything will cost rm5++, so I thought wanna try n install the Taiwan wan n c, anybody got use before, any problem?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Besides that the prices or the second/new, you need to see the design of the oil cooler. such as number of cooling fins, internal design, built-quality....which will determine how effective and efficient the oil cooler is when installed.

piping cost depends on your car...if beteeen mitsu compatible engine....cheaper cost.
So what engine are you running, taiko?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i thought evo3 already has a stock oil cooler?? how come urs dun have?

me using the stock evo3 oil cooler on my civic.. with custom hoses and also an aftermarket sandwich plate. so far ok... no issues

anyway...the taiwan ones are also ok... my mecha even suggested them to me when i wanted to install... he said brand doesnt matter.

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I think the previous owner took out the oil cooler,I feel the engine bay area way too hot after a long drive and the engine oil tends to get thick and dark by 3000km after a service, I'm using ROWE 10w40 semi.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Correct me if i am wrong, but I think the modern Taiwan brands are all quite ok now. They have come a long way and improve alot. If it was me, i would most likely got for the Taiwan brand, if everything else is equal la. I am always abit worried when buying 2nd hand stuff. Coz dont know where it has been or hwat has happened. Buying branded, cost is an issue. But if is not, then by all means go branded la.

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Correct bro Marv , I have to look for cheaper alternative for now because alot parts needs to replaced and the list is getting longer for upgrading and part replacement.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Generally, it is best to invest on a good oil cooler kit. Good hoses, coupling etc. (apart using good engine oil).
Oil matters for the engine to work properly, optimum condition. It is like blood to human.

I saw a few engine kong because of failure of engine cooler...that can be avoided easily...

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Generally, it is best to invest on a good oil cooler kit. Good hoses, coupling etc. (apart using good engine oil).
Oil matters for the engine to work properly, optimum condition. It is like blood to human.

I saw a few engine kong because of failure of engine cooler...that can be avoided easily...

Even if you dont tekan the car much or do track, also must have engine oil cooler and ATF cooler??

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think the previous owner took out the oil cooler,I feel the engine bay area way too hot after a long drive and the engine oil tends to get thick and dark by 3000km after a service, I'm using ROWE 10w40 semi.
Turbo engines are always hot leh! My VR have oil cooler and is still very very hot. The oil breaks down faster as it needs to lube the turbine which is very hot. I used to do 10k km OCI, and now 5k km only and since running less nowadays change by 6 months. I use FS all the while....

Are you sure the oil cooler is not there. Mine is sandwich between intercooler and radiator and hard to see.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Hayden got oil cooler and ATF cooler too. Their fin design are patented, and claimed to be efficient dispersing heat. Their product are pressure tested exceeding the normal ATF pressure.

ATF coolers could prolong the ATF and prolong autobox seals from deterioration. ATF cooler would be useful if the car frequently stuck in traffic jam, start-stop condition. Our hot weather is simply unbearable...and relying on the radiator to cool ATF isn't a good idea...

Hayden cooler cost between rm160-250 (a few years back) depends on the capacity, and it is an affordable preventive step, than fixing a broken autobox.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hayden got oil cooler and ATF cooler too. Their fin design are patented, and claimed to be efficient dispersing heat. Their product are pressure tested exceeding the normal ATF pressure.

ATF coolers could prolong the ATF and prolong autobox seals from deterioration. ATF cooler would be useful if the car frequently stuck in traffic jam, start-stop condition. Our hot weather is simply unbearable...and relying on the radiator to cool ATF isn't a good idea...

Hayden cooler cost between rm160-250 (a few years back) depends on the capacity, and it is an affordable preventive step, than fixing a broken autobox.
Fuh! you like very familiar with the product woh!......:adore:
But he into oil cooler woh! you explain mostly atf cooler......hhahahhahahha:biggrin:

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur

I only see Hayden ATF Cooler. Never see their EOC before. Where to get ah?:hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since buying a used Waja 1.6 (on the road 2002) just about a month ago for about RM15 K, I have been wondering why Waja has such poor resale value. The original Waja 1.6 auto price in year 2000 was RM64K and after 12 years has depreciated almost 80%. Of course this is true also of Continental cars and of Korean cars. The depreciation of the Waja is due to its replacement by Proton new Saga and Persona, also the Preve and the Campro models.
Before I bought it, I was looking at the Myvis and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience