Oh JPJ, An Hour For Our Anger?

Nov 4, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Source: Malaysian Digest

A driving license is considered by most as a substantial milestone in life akin to getting a credit card, buying a first home or being hired for a first job.

As Malaysians we are known for our warm behaviour and expressive nature, yet when the subject of Malaysian drivers comes to mind, one can’t help but express a considerable amount of concern on the matter.

Instantly, we are reminded of bullies who overtake and speed unnecessarily, aggressive drivers who crisscross between lanes without a care in the world and rude individuals who would rather cuss at you instead of giving way.

A recent study made by MIROS (Malaysian Institute of Road Safety) revealed the alarming statistic that 18% out of 13.3 million registered drivers in Malaysia have been classified as drivers with ‘high anger’ issues.Pic:motoren.wordpress.com Pic:motoren.wordpress.com

Another devastating study deduced that Malaysian drivers are four times angrier than drivers in the United States, Spain, Turkey, New Zealand, Australia and Britain.

JPJ’s recent announcement of extending the curriculum to 21 hours from the original 20 hours can be seen as a way of solving the issue of irresponsible drivers with attitude problems.

That being said, will the additional one hour be effective?

According to Harozi, a driving instructor from Metro Driving Academy, the introduction of a new system would not necessarily bring any difference if the drivers themselves do not change their attitudes for the better.

“The additional curriculum time set by JPJ won’t do much to change the attitudes of the drivers”

“It’s up to the individual driver to know how they should be, specifically on the safety aspect in driving as well as ethics. Self evaluation is something they can’t necessarily pick up from the curriculum”

“Shaping their attitudes isn’t an easy task. It’s undeniable that during exercises in the school they’ll adhere to the rules but on the open road, who’s to say they’ll follow the rules” said the driving instructor when contacted by mD.

An officer named Rahman from Skem Driving Academy SDN BHD on the other hand, understands the good intentions behind the announcement of the additional curriculum period and awaits with glee for new modules to be introduced.

“we are still waiting for the new modules from JPJ. We even go as far as to provide our driving instructor with trainings so they will receive the new modules with ease”

“We still don’t know much about the full details because JPJ hasn’t given us the full clarifications, only the higher ranking officers know of it for now” he said to mD.

He further added that the additional one hour would hardly make a change for now they are modules to help student who have failed their tests.

..“Students who have failed be it the computer or the practical tests are given the chance to ‘repeat’ those tests with an additional fee. That’s why I feel it’s out of the question for the additional hour to be much help for the students”

“For me, the change from 20 hours to 21 hours of curriculum time should be filled with modules that will be effective instead of change for the sake of change”

He also said the additional curriculum hours might the affect the cost or the fees depending on what will eventually be set by JPJ.

“The fees might go up if the additional hour will be added to the practical exercises that do involve the usage of the vehicles and so on. But, if the additional time goes to theory slot, the may not be a hike in the fees”

A student who wished to remain anonymous felt strongly that the additional one hour should be filled with appropriate modules to deal with the ‘high anger’ problem.

“When that additional hour gets implemented, I hope that there will be a procedure where students will be evaluated mentally and emotionally either through a questionnaire or a one on one interview. If they fail that evaluation, then some sort of therapy or talk to help them deal with those issues should be implemented, nothing too scary but at least get to the real issue before it becomes too late” the student told mD.

A taxi driver by the name of Ibrahim, with 40 years under his belt commented that JPJ’s actions is seen as being very experimental................................................................

Read full article: Oh JPJ, An Hour For Our Anger?

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

"JPJ’s recent announcement of extending the curriculum to 21 hours from the original 20 hours can be seen as a way of solving the issue of irresponsible drivers with attitude problems.

That being said, will the additional one hour be effective?"

My answer:Ask yourself because we are the driver dan take control everything. FULL STOP!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
No.. Malaysian drivers are angry because of f*cking queue cutters, f*cking aggressive can't-make-their-effing-mind up drivers, f*cking wreckless motorbikes weaving in and out of traffic and honking and staring cock if a car wants to cut out to the fast lane, and idiotic bus drivers.

We are rarely angry with slow moving cars and law abiding cars.

ColinLee

Known Member
Sep 19, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
No.. Malaysian drivers are angry because of f*cking queue cutters, f*cking aggressive can't-make-their-effing-mind up drivers, f*cking wreckless motorbikes weaving in and out of traffic and honking and staring cock if a car wants to cut out to the fast lane, and idiotic bus drivers.

couldn't agree more, my friend is the one biker who horn about everyone who want to switch lane especially traffic jam and cock stare those driver. He was like "everyone is bad driver except himself" :stupid:

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
dont get mad.....get even.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Rare but have, those slow fellows on the fast lane taking Sunday drives.....:banghead::banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Don't know if this is the correct place to ask this question..

Well, I need some help choosing muffler tip.
I'm a vios driver with auto tranny.
What kind of muffler should I choose?

Cause I went to a shop and they have this M7 muffler and Racecraft muffler which both is good but yet pricy !

And I saw somewhere in the internet they promote their exhaust shop too..
But the price is half more cheaper.. And I asked them what's the brand and they answer me they don't tag brands for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience