Naza and Taylor’s University unveil solar vehicle for Shell Eco Marathon Asia

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The Shell Eco Marathon is a platform for energy efficient vehicles and spearheading an assault on that title will be the Naza World Taylor’s University Eco Team that features first-year students from the institution of higher learning’s school of engineering and backing from Naza World.

“Naza is proud to support and encourage the aspirations of Malaysia’s youth. Our contribution in this endeavour is well worthwhile as it is in line with our hopes that one day our roads will have energy efficient vehicles that enable better conservation of our environment. We are always eager to play a role in integral projects such as this that provide the automotive industry with greener options for the future. On this effort, I wish the Naza World Taylors’ Eco Team ‘semoga bejaya’,” said Datuk Wira SM Faisal, Joint Group Executive Chairman of Naza Group of Companies.

“We are driven by a single dream which is to build cars that are incredibly efficient and have the potential to impact our world positively. We used state of the art equipment and software available at our labs to ensure that we built a car that is not only light and fuel efficient but also safe and comfortable. In designing this vehicle, we pushed the limits of what is possible with the aim of increasing the awareness of green technology and its potential,” said Low Kean Peng, the Taylor’s Eco Team leader, adding that the team is the only one in the competition consisting entirely of first year students.

The Shell Eco Marathon Asia is being held in Malaysia at the Sepang International Circuit from 6-9 July, The Naza World Taylor’s team will be one of 121 university teams competing in two categories, urban and prototype.

“I found working on this project to be an extremely satisfying experience as I managed to learn a lot especially while raising the funds needed to build our car. We are really grateful to Naza World for generously supporting our project,” said Nur Fatinah, the only female member of the group and is currently pursuing a degree in chemical engineering.

The team will have two drivers for the competition, Firnaaz Ahamd and Loius Chia Wai Kit, who are pursuing degrees in chemical and electrical engineering respectively. The duo weigh the lightest among the team members but Firnaaz jokingly reckons that wasn’t the only selection criteria.

“Project Based Learning at Taylor’s School of Engineering is developed to challenge multidisciplinary teams of students using real life projects to bring the best out of them. This way the students will develop leadership, teamwork and communication skills besides the technical skills making them highly sought after individuals by future employers,” said Associate Professor Dr. Mushtak Al-Atabi, the team supervisor and the Dean of Taylor’s University School of Engineering.

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
What a rm65k waste
See the wires is even half hanging
What a odd shape

lancemapei

Known Member
Aug 29, 2005
What a rm65k waste
See the wires is even half hanging
What a odd shape
ya exactly, tyre too wide, wrong camber and toe angle, aerofoil shape out, too many turbulence on the tail and super high drag on head...RM65k burn.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, need some advice...

i send my car for a spray on the spoiler...and i think the guy didnt cover the car body adequately with newspaper...

now im feeling some coarse surfaces on my bumper....i ask the guy, he say it will come out after some polishing...

is it true?? and does it need quick rectification ( to polish now) or to wait 2 more days ( coz im gonna be quite occupied for 2 days)

any experienced members experienced this b4?? TQ
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience