mystery tyre air problem

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

cyt

May 8, 2005
hi guys...im experiencing this unusual situation...my tyre (tubeless) 15 inch will lose it`s air mysteriously....must pump it at lesat 2 times a week...everytime pump 30...after 3 days, it will go down to 19...i went to 2 tyre shops and test, but they say no leakage, even tiny one oso no, side dish oso no leaking.....one even changed my valve, but the problem still persist...anyone experiencing this same problem....???? need some help here...

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
cyt, where do you park your car?
any possibility itch hand release the air?

DR78

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
subang
i had similar prob b4. mine got leakage near d valve.. so d guy change the rubber bush n now no prob..

cyt

May 8, 2005
if dent rim shouldnt it be visible when it is dipped into the water tank to see wheter got bubbles or not?? i changed the valve oredi...but same problem, dunno why....shouldnt be anyone itchy hand...and it only happen to that tyre...forgot to tell u guys, it is also patched 2 times b4....but oso tested, the patches didnt leak....its really strange......

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
recently went to workshop. front left tyre had a nail, front right rim dent a bit. Got all this done (patch and repair rim + balancing) at RM60....next time will be careful for pot holes..

Last edited:

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
someone lepas ur angin is it?

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
I had similar problem like yours. Eventually found out it was tire problem. I asked the shop to loan me an old set of used tires just to be sure. After 2 weeks there was still no leak. Confirmed tire problem. Like you we did soak the whole wheel inside to look for leaks. There was none.

arsenalfc9

Feb 27, 2005
da 613, Canada
Visit site
hmm... i recently had a problem similar like this, where my left rear tire would mysteriously but slowly be deflating over a weeks time (every SUN had to pump air into the tire)... went to the workshop... said tire ok, but when put in the water basin... WAHHHHH... it was the rim that had a hole on it... don't know how it happened but my stupid metal rim was punctured wei.... anyways, went to SUNWAY and got it patched up for RM35... so check ur rimslah, cos you never know rite???

gtishadowfax

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2005
had same problem wif my front left tyre.

soak in water, no bubbles, but my rim got repair mark that is only visible when u take the tyre off.

suspected that the mark was the problem, i changed my rim (thanks to zth, got it from here !)and problem solved.

ask a tyre shop to loan u a tyre. use it for few days and see. if ok means ur tyre got problem lor...if using different tyre, same problem appear, it might be ur rim laa..just like mine. sometimes soak in water oso no bubbles...

hope u'll get over it. i know how irritating it is.....2-3 days gotta pump air..

cannondale>

1,500 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
kepong
cyt,

how old is your tyre, i suspect some part of your tyre become hard, it wont leak air when u take out the tyre. only leak when u park your car at certain angle only.

try to check the tyre at nite, push the car by yourself and get close to hear when there is some air leaking noise.

or u can check after tyre wash, u might see bubbles when u turn your wheel.

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
the best way is......u take your leaking air tyre.....take to workshop there...ask them put the whole rim with tyre in the water tank and slightly pump the tyre.....see got bubble coming from anywhere or not......if got the u know where got hole liao......tampal it.........if don have........

change all 4 tyres la......change bigger and nicer RIM as well hahahaha

The Marketplace Latest

Recent Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My Galant VR4 steering rack produce tak tak tak sound when drive slow at uneven surface. Making corner also the sound come. Foremen checked and found the steering rack problem. No leak but loose and tak tak when shaking.

Could Proton perdana SEI steering rack be use for VR4?.

The drive shaft Perdana SEI can be used other than Evo 3 driveshaft for Galant VR4.

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience