my volvo 240--->rb20

velazques

Jul 19, 2006
hiya guys im new here.
currently im driving my oldman's car a freakign big volvo 240.its a nice car,very reliable and rear wheel drive...
one thing im pissed of with this car is that the engine sucks lotsa fuel.and has not much power to go around.ive done some calculating....fro for rm10 i can go up to 20km ONLY.:cry_smile:

so im planning to change the engine to a more 'fuel efficient, powerful engine'.so which engine guys think?
gurus...plz help.lol my fren suggested to just dump in the rb20 or rb25.haha,the same fuel consumption,but way much power.so it thought,since the fuel efficiency is almost the same,why not put a more powerful engine?i heard the rb20 is quite cheap,along with the turbo n all...so im planning to opt for it lah

but rite now i have a few setback.my friends say if i wanna change the damned engine i hafta change the damned fuel pump,suspension system(volvo is very bouncy and soft),calibrate the ecu and maintainence higher.but the biggest obstacle is my old man.lhe loves the box car.i love it too.he wants it original.i want power (and i drive it,not him!).summore i have to deal with the freaking jpj,as im changing my engine cc to a lower one (rb20).mine's 2.4L, 4 in-line cylinders....if im wild enough i can oso fit a v8 :D

anyway,wat's ur opinion ppl?i need help,and im kinda shallow in this engine knowledge thingy....:regular_smile:
like the $$$ required for all the appropriate stuff.

Short_Shifter

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Banting
yo bro...once u get you dad convinced...go for d RB20 or RB25....both are very good....these engines are very reliable turbo charged engines...plus it gives u that extra boost compared to standard...ive a got a friend who is using RB25 in his 240...it is running perfect and its really powerful....he even uses it for drift....but i agree that the suspension would be better if changed to harder based suspensions...adjustables would be ideal...this is due to the heavy car body...proper suspension will prevent much body roll...so a proper setup is ideal....u can check with some of the suspension gurus out there and consult them with your 240....i even saw a 240 with 2 sunroofs...one on the top of the roof and the other on the hood...he open the HOODROOFto cool the engine....and all u see inside is a beautiful and powerful RB25....so bro...good luck with your project...cheers!

velazques

Jul 19, 2006
hey thx lots bro. anyway speaking of suspension system,i have a lead to put the supra suspension kit on my volvo.heard lotsa modded volvos use it. or should i just get an r32 half cut and take all the necessary stuff?engine,fuel pump,suspension n brakes?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everyone

i receive an advertising mail, it saids
got things thing, u pasang to your car
it can stop rusting one... and 'electronically' stop the rusting

is there anyone out there got circuit diagram know how to do this thing? :) i really interested,,..
just like voltage stabilizer.. easy to do mar.. so i think this also.. just i dono how to do

anyone there got idea?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience