My headlamps are dim

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
I notice that the headlamps are dim, even highlight does not make any difference at all. My proton bumper light is even brighter, damn ...

The headlamps are brand new.

What could be the problem? My car is only 3 years old. Should I check the fuse box? The one somewhere below the steering wheel. (10watt, 15watt, 20watt) <--- Does it related?

I asked a accessories shop, they said it can be done to make it brighter, by changing the relay + 2 brand new 100watt bulbs. They quote me RM100 for this, do you think its reasonable?

But before that, i would like to hear from you all, if you could provide some solutions.

Thanks. :cool:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
100w need bigger wiring as well... i bought mine for rm20 only... i not sure 100w bulb how much lar.... mayb does cost u rm100 for everything...
is ur headlamps dirty??... i mean the glass look blurish/yellowish....
i dont think is fuse problem... coz if fuse bakar liao, sure no light at all... it wont be dimmer....

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Cannot be the glass is dirty or yellowish, because it is brand new taken out from box, i was there at that time when they replace a new set of headlamps after I made a complain the headlamps are dim. (I met into an accident few weeks ago)

RM20? You bought the bulbs you mean? For each?

Hmm ..

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
check yr battery voltage.....maybe the battery weak oredi

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
My battery is quite new too, about 3 months old.

Sky: So I think inclusive a pair of bulbs the price moreless RM100+/-, haven't bargain price yet, maybe can get RM80 for everything. :tongue:

Thanks. :cool:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
get to a wireman, check alternator see it's charging as normal or slow charge. 2ndly check all ur headlight relay and grounding...

Which Proton u driving ? Any mod ?

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
g88 said:
get to a wireman, check alternator see it's charging as normal or slow charge. 2ndly check all ur headlight relay and grounding...

Which Proton u driving ? Any mod ?
Mod? You mean strobe lights those? Nope, all stock even the bulbs, i prefer everything original. :tongue:

Ok, will ask my mech to check the alternator. :cool:

[s]UpErNoVa

Known Member
Feb 8, 2006
as far as i noe.. de brightness of de car head lamps can be adjusted one rite? tat was wat i did when i changed brand new head lamps to my old lancer.. asked de wireman to adjust de brightness n de height of de highlight shine.. :regular_smile:

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
if all no problem one then u try do grounding lo ..... or VS .... erm my car used to have this problem ..... roy say maybe correct coz last time my battery going to kong oledi the lighs are dim ..... everything in your car using electrcity are down to the lowest .... u mean u met with a big accident ar ?

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Now my headlamps are much brighter than before. I added relays with a new pair of bulbs.

Not sure about adjusting the brightness, but after changing the bulbs and add relays, everything is back to normal again, but this time is brighter!

I seek my mech, he ask me to go to the wireman to do earth grounding, some shop that sells car/truck battery. But I prefer to do at accesories shop, they have relays and bulbs.

Happy with it. :cool:

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
my lights were bad as well,fixed the relay n high voltage bulbs(100w i think) n now prob cured n feels better to drive at night with bright lights..

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
simplythebest said:
Now my headlamps are much brighter than before. I added relays with a new pair of bulbs.

Not sure about adjusting the brightness, but after changing the bulbs and add relays, everything is back to normal again, but this time is brighter!

I seek my mech, he ask me to go to the wireman to do earth grounding, some shop that sells car/truck battery. But I prefer to do at accesories shop, they have relays and bulbs.

Happy with it. :cool:
ur mechanic is correct. if u wanna do earth grounding, can find Stinger Earth System ma.. find kenny..

deftons

Known Member
Feb 13, 2004
Visit site
FYI, 100w bulbs setting is always brigther than original settings :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The 2020 Almera Turbo arrives Malaysia with its all new, 1.0L turbo engine. This 3 cylinder 12 valve DOHC engine, codenamed the HR10DET manages 100ps and 152nm. It features an integrated electronic wastegate and GTR inspired Mirror Bore coated cylinders that promises better engine response.

100ps / 152nm / 999cc 3 cylinder turbo / CVT / FWD / 1076kg / 180kmh...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience