my FIRST ever drifting experience...

ari7474tme

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Hey everyone..

last friday was my 1st time in my life that i tried to be Takumi. he..he.. No lah, not Takumi, but it was the first time since i got my FR that i tried to bring the tail out. Let me tell u guys sumthin, i m a chicken. i dont dare do it on the street nor at a parking lot for fear of hitting sumthin, so early this week, i gave Mr Skagee a ring and put my name for OTS8.
On my 1st run, i cudnt do shit.. my A31 didnt even understeer let alone ovversteer. After that run, my wifey who was watching her hubby's attempt at embarrasing himself, told me that i wasnt drifting, but i was doing a sight seeing tour of the track. She told me to look at all the other drifters in other groups. Even when they spun out, she said, at least they tried. Sooo.. she said, ' plis try a bit harder, if not, u r not gona improve..'
After that i went to see Ricky, he told me do this n do that.. Then on my 2nd run, this is the result...

I was ECSTATIC. I was on cloud NINE. for the first time in my life that i cud actually throw the tail out. After that turn.... i spun. Damn. So much for trying to be Takumi.

:(

* what i m tryin to say is that, this was the best EVER motorsports event that i ve entered and i HIGHLY respect all the drifters. U guys memang TERRER!!!

ari7474tme

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
I wud also like to thank Skagee n Cheaka for this memorable OTS event.

wenshen

1,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2004
PEEjay
driftneyland.blogspot.com
wahahaha.... thank god this pic was your A31 drifting.. so worried it was thrashed... cos I read your post before looking at the pic... haha... I only see half of the pic when i was reading... and the top half of the pic was grass!!

congrats dude... way the go!!

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
wahh... good to hear ur wife so supportive in ur drifting sport... if my gf sure she will say drive carefully on road... haha...
anyway, agree that first time is alwiz the hardest... once u get the feel of it, i'm sure u can start to polish up ur skillss... too bad i dont have an FR car... if not i also wanna drift ler...

ari7474tme

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Hey Guys.. thanks for your support. I just cannot explain the adrenalin rush that u get when the car's tail is loose. Its gonna take me a long, long time b4 i can actually control it. Its a really skillful sport. Its also Damn Shiok!

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
it actually take more nerve and guts to get the car sliding for the whole corner and continue with the next one...
and of coz, not to mention ur skills have to be good as well... if not, u will end up spinning or crashing into the barriers...

cheaka

500 RPM
Dec 22, 2003
Malaysia
www.syncoptima.com
Hey Ari,

Glad you enjoyed it...but I guess we will be missing one great photographer on our event but we have gain one extra drifter in our event......:)

welcome aboard

Last edited:

wenshen

1,000 RPM
Jul 24, 2004
PEEjay
driftneyland.blogspot.com
ha!??!! he was the one taking the photos!?! den now we got no more photos to see d lor!??!?! lol!!! omg!!! every event oso mz go d now.. lol..

btw... ari, got photos for ots8? can post post? lol.. wanna see le.... congrats mann.. u see skagee help u so much.. mz remember to belanja him makan le.. and ur sifu.. lol..

ari7474tme

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
wenshen said:
ha!??!! he was the one taking the photos!?! den now we got no more photos to see d lor!??!?! lol!!! omg!!! every event oso mz go d now.. lol..

btw... ari, got photos for ots8? can post post? lol.. wanna see le.... congrats mann.. u see skagee help u so much.. mz remember to belanja him makan le.. and ur sifu.. lol..

I dont have the pics for ots8 but my fren shot a few. The problm is that he doesnt have internet. when he comes back frm outstation, i ll try and get it frm him then i ll post ok?

As for my sifus, Skagee n Cheaka, Ricky, Space Cowboy, Tan, Tee & Jerry and sum of them i m not sure of their names... all of them answered my questions even if its a silly one. They all gave me tips here and there. When i become D1 driver... I will always remember them. HahahaHaaaa !!!!! Baru learn how to do handbrake turn oredi dreaming ... Jgn marah eh... Dreaming is free...

Neways, i was wondering, any other drifter, when they first started got this kind of feeling? Do share ur experience here plis...

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
ari7474tme said:
Neways, i was wondering, any other drifter, when they first started got this kind of feeling? Do share ur experience here plis...
Yeah dude I know the feeling. First time I manage to hold on to a slide/drift i OTS 5/6 ( can't remember) I was laughing like a hyena. its a bloody incredible feeling. holding your wheel at more than one lock (experts do at full lock.. WHOA!!) holding the throttle down and looking out the sidewindows.. AWESOME!!!! DRIFTING ROCKS!!! EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS!!!!

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
ari7474

u should check out drift clinic beginner, next week. contact ZeE or Mr.Nismo and put your name in there. It's a good place to start and learn the basics... as well as knowing your car handling better. :D

at last... the blue monster is drifting.. hehehehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Cessation of breathing, One of the challenges in defining death is in distinguishing it from life............

alien at work

Making impossible possible????????

The word death comes from Old English deað, which in turn comes from Proto-Germanic *dauþaz (reconstructed by etymological analysis) This comes from the Proto-Indo-European stem *dheu- meaning the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience