My Car Over Boosting??? Pls Advise

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
Hi Sifu's,
my car just suddenly over boosting after i changed a air filter...
Will changing an air filter & b.o.v affect my car tune setting?
My current Low Boost set on 1 bar but most of the time boost meter shown 1.15 to 1.18bar
High Boost set on 1.4 bar but also over boost to 1.55 to 1.59bar

Anyone hv any idea abt this? Will it be save for me to ignore this over boosting matter since my tuner hv set the warning limit to 1.2bar for low boost and im runing a PFC ecu which will alert me when knocking level is high?

Thanks

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Did you forgot to put back the carpet?:listen:
I think it normal for big turbo user like yours to have a little spike of boost... adjust the gain at the boost controller if you have one.

Last edited:

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
u using internal waste gate rite?if the internal waste gate is not enuf for stable,some time will over boost or so hard to get full boost,u must change ur internal waste gate to external waste if got banana is more better,then reset and retuning your car ecu,and lower abit ur car timing,engine timing too hi will knocking your engine,if u using methanol or vp racing fuel q16 116% octane then nvm,lol

Last edited:

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
u using internal waste gate rite?if the internal waste gate is not enuf for stable,some time will over boost or so hard to get full boost,u must change ur internal waste gate to external waste if got banana is more better,then reset and retuning your car ecu,and lower abit ur car timing,engine timing too hi will knocking your engine,if u using methanol or vp racing fuel q16 116% octane then nvm,lol
Halo Ah Chriss ah...Lu sudah mana pergi ah??? Long time didnt sms me 1? Still hang around at VtecKiller shop? How's yr Monster car?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nasim Sdn Bhd, the official distributor of the Peugeot brand in Malaysia, has indicated that they have ear-marked next week for the launch of the highly anticipated all-new Peugeot 408 (T73).

<!--more-->The 408 will be entering into C-segment competition armed with its performance, spaciousness, elegance and safety. According to Nasim, the Peugeot 408 looks to raise the bar in terms of quality and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience