Msd 6al

Status
Not open for further replies.

microtech-info

Known Member
MSD 6AL,(New)

The 6AL shares the same proven circuitry of the 6A with the addition of a built-in adjustable rev limiter. The combination of powerful sparks with the safety of a Soft Touch Rev Control is what makes the 6AL the most popular ignition control in the world.
MSD first developed the Soft Touch rev control to prevent overrev damage to your motor in the event of a missed shift or driveline failure. The rpm limit is adjustable in 100 rpm increments with MSD’s plug-in modules. When the engine reaches your selected limit, the Soft Touch circuitry begins dropping the spark to various cylinders. On the next cycle, these plugs are fired again to prevent fuel from loading up in the cylinder. The result is a smooth and accurate limiting action without backfires or roughness.
The Soft Touch Rev Control also opens the door for you to add rpm accessories such as a Two Step Rev Control. A Two Step allows you to set two rpm limits, one for a holeshot rpm and another for overrev protection.
The 6AL is supplied with rubber shock mounts and modules for 3,000, 6,000, 7,000 and 8,000 rpm.

MSD 6AL Ignition Control
w/Rev Limiter, 4, 6 (even-fire only) 8-Cylinder
GOOD ONLY FOR SINGLE COIL DISTRIBUTOR

OPERATING SPECIFICATIONS
Operating Voltage: +10-18 VDC Negative Ground
Current Requirements: 5 Amps-5,000 RPM
10 Amps-10,000 RPM
RPM Range: 15,000 RPM with 14.4 Volts
Spark Duration: 20° Crankshaft Rotation
Energy Output Max: 105-115 mJ Per Spark
Weight and Size: 3 lbs, 8"Lx4"Wx2.25"H
Voltage Output Max: Primary: 460-480 Volts
Secondary: 45,000 Volts (Blaster Coil)

Price is RM850

Pls Contack
Rpm2 Racing Malaysia
http://rpm2racing.fotopages.com

nice price.. free bump for ya...

how much is the installation?? can i use the stock distributor??

thanks..

-peace-

Free Installation.Yes u can used a stock distributer.No problem mate.
moshpit21 said:
nice price.. free bump for ya...

how much is the installation?? can i use the stock distributor??

thanks..

-peace-

can it be used on 3 cylinders engine? eg. L200, kelisa..

That engine still run distributor type? or on top coil..
If run single coil u can used not for duel and each single coil per selinder.
dedicool said:
can it be used on 3 cylinders engine? eg. L200, kelisa..

can use in no ecu(carbie) car???
running contact point 1~~~distributor and coin~~~

install liao wont eat fuel right???
but got little bit expensive ler~~~cannot afford~~~

MSD 6AL - for better combustion hence more power and mileage

completed the installation of the product by shahz last saturday, takes around 3+hours. it's due to the unfamiliar car model. mine is Toyota SEG AE111 1.6(A) 1997 with 4AFE engine. anyway based on the expertise and workmanship shown, I believe his ability to install the unit.

i was informed that i'm the first customer, and due to that no installation charges. btw, i'm willing to pay rm100 - rm150 of installation charges based on the workmanship shown.

verdict:-
smooth and less engine vibration during idling. quick power response and faster acceleration, which is correspond to the full and better combustion.

i've reset the ECU to default and increase my fuel pressure to 32psi min and 40psi max. the response is even better. will monitor the fuel consumption based on this new fuel setting.

overall, i'm very satisfied with the products. i really recommend this product due to increasing petrol price, worth every single cent paid for fuel. i think in long term, i will gain in term of fuel efficientcy.

i will post pics later once finish uploading them into my pc.

logic on this products, please learn in...
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/engine.htm

further info on the products....
http://www.msdignition.com/

:smile:

yeah, actually msd(especially the 6A & 6AL) is very famous, i dont really know why ppl here is not so familiar with that.

way back in my country, it was one hell good stuff to install as a good modification in ur car..

and to be honest i quite surprised when i saw this guy was selling it for RM850 includes the installation.. damn,thats dirt cheap..

do research if u dont believe me..

cheers..

-peace-

yup, i think everybody need to do some research before doing anything. i've check most CD ignitions cost more than rm1K, and it's a used item. the price offered is the lowest i've seen, and i'm not sure there's anybody else selling them new from the box. which makes me decide it's a very good buy plus free installation.

it's a very good product, really enjoy the pull felling once you step on the accelerator. i recommend it, if you're thinking about optimum output per fuel burned.

cheers
:smile:

Stock arrived on january

Thanks,
For all support about MSD 6AL.More stock coming on January and we give a good offer just pay RM1200 including,
1.Installation
2.Tuning with Microtech AirFuel Ratio meter
3.Set up ignition timing from distributor.
4.Just pay Rm 50 for 3 run on the dyno.To see the horsepower and print out the chart.

Hope can enjoyed with my offer pakage.

Thanks.

microtech-info said:
Thanks,
For all support about MSD 6AL.More stock coming on January and we give a good offer just pay RM1200 including,
1.Installation
2.Tuning with Microtech AirFuel Ratio meter
3.Set up ignition timing from distributor.
4.Just pay Rm 50 for 3 run on the dyno.To see the horsepower and print out the chart.

Hope can enjoyed with my offer pakage.

Thanks.
from your previous post, the price are just RM850 only. How come suddently increase the price until RM1200??

1st promotion

At the 1st is for promotion..now dont worry i never change again my price.I think this is a good price including my service.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom