Mivec Club

has anyone using mivec 1.8 and battle with vtec b-series engine? just want to know how many mivec 1.8 beat b-series engine...hehe:hmmmm:

if stock b16a or b16b, mivec 1.8 should take them down, but i tried wif here my fren's 2000cc vtec, no match at all, lose 5 cars before 400m, after i turbocharge become mivec turbo, launching lose, mid range win back and then end win 3 cars only, my fren (quite old guy) is one of the vtec sifu, now already heavy modded, and empty car, cant beat him

for timing belt, u mean brand or wat?? if brand, buy powerbelt is good enough....

if stock b16a or b16b, mivec 1.8 should take them down, but i tried wif here my fren's 2000cc vtec, no match at all, lose 5 cars before 400m, after i turbocharge become mivec turbo, launching lose, mid range win back and then end win 3 cars only, my fren (quite old guy) is one of the vtec sifu, now already heavy modded, and empty car, cant beat him

for timing belt, u mean brand or wat?? if brand, buy powerbelt is good enough....

b16a should be no prob,but is it possible to take down b16b even though they are in stock condition?

it is possible to take down b16b... but the mivec 1.6 must be highly modified. b16b stock whp is around 15+... almost the same with mivec 1.8.

that have to depends on how the mivec93 is ....
mivec93 can be 140 hp - 180 hp on wheel .....
b16b original on ek9 normally is 14x-150 hp on wheel.
also the power to weight ratio ...

correct me if i'm wrong :hmmmm2:

it is possible to take down b16b... but the mivec 1.6 must be highly modified. b16b stock whp is around 15+... almost the same with mivec 1.8.

yes bro,we are talking about mivec 1.8 stock versus b16b stock...For mivec 1.6,it is difficult to beat b16a,third gear vtec will smoke mivec 1.6,no doubt...Ratio for vtec is just too nice,and mivec cant compete with this...

This is because of Mitsubishi prefer with common hardware with heavy reliable set up
( rally concept ).
While Honda is start from street performance.

Hi guys

Thinking of doing a mivec convert on a CJ Mirage. Have some questions, hope u guys can help; i'll try to keep it short.

1. For you guys doing conversion, do you face wiring difficulties, even wif wiring harness from halfcut, or is it basically a simple carry over affair?

2. Apart from individual throttle bodies, are there any intake manifold upgrades for CJ/CK Mivecs? Extractors? I know the older ones can retrofit Skunk2 intake manifolds, and just that is reason enuff for me to want to convert to older mivec engine.

3. Possible to slap a mivec head onto a 4G63 block? Ever heard of 2L Mivecs, but not sure what kind of 2L block.

dear mivec sifus.. im in a dilemma.. i want to swap my half modded engine with a mivec ck.. im just wondering, if i use this engine, will it beat any dohc vtec.. currently using an iswara.. and btw, eager to know.. let say after transplant the engine.. wat also can be done with this engine? im so noob but wana learn from all sifus.. thanxs bros..

yes bro,we are talking about mivec 1.8 stock versus b16b stock...For mivec 1.6,it is difficult to beat b16a,third gear vtec will smoke mivec 1.6,no doubt...Ratio for vtec is just too nice,and mivec cant compete with this...

if comparing B16B vtec (1600cc) with 4G93 mivec (1800cc), i'll put my money on mivec (both modded). but if u compare B18C vtec (1800cc) with 4G93 mivec (1800cc), most of the time the vtec will smoke the mivec.

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

dear mivec sifus.. im in a dilemma.. i want to swap my half modded engine with a mivec ck.. im just wondering, if i use this engine, will it beat any dohc vtec.. currently using an iswara.. and btw, eager to know.. let say after transplant the engine.. wat also can be done with this engine? im so noob but wana learn from all sifus.. thanxs bros..

r u say that u want to put 4G92 mivec CK engine in your iswara? why not you take the older CA mivec? what kind of dohc vtec u want to smoke? B16A? B16B? B16A with B18C crankshaft? B18C GSR or Type-R? B16A head + B20B block? hehehe...

if comparing B16B vtec (1600cc) with 4G93 mivec (1800cc), i'll put my money on mivec (both modded). but if u compare B18C vtec (1800cc) with 4G93 mivec (1800cc), most of the time the vtec will smoke the mivec.

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

r u say that u want to put 4G92 mivec CK engine in your iswara? why not you take the older CA mivec? what kind of dohc vtec u want to smoke? B16A? B16B? B16A with B18C crankshaft? B18C GSR or Type-R? B16A head + B20B block? hehehe...

bro, wats the difference between ca n ck?/ dont know anything.. hahahaa.. btw, currently using iswara.. n if take mivec, need to upgrade the disc brake.. so which 1 can just plug n play into iswara? currently using 114 pcd, if change to 100 pcd alco can rite..

omg, ck is 2nd gen mivec,terbalik engine, ca mean older 1st gen mivec,normal side like stock engine,stock gsr front brake can handle u well, but i din heard ppl talking iswara rear disc brakes,i can clarify u,this mivec can tapau stock b16a and stock b16b,but if b18 and above,forget about it, spend lots more 1st bro, if the modding got it's ending story, no ppl will spend more and ask question in our ZTH....... it all depend on ur budget and what u expect to get.

what is better; 1st gen Mivec, or 2nd gen? Apart from the fact the engine is mounted on difference sides? Are there any significant differences? Which has more bolt on mods? Mine is a CJ, but am aware i can use 1st gen Mivec by reversing engine mountings. I am willing to do that, if 1st gen Mivec has more aftermarket parts support.

Actually what i have in mind is to hit 170hp with minimal mods; is that even possible? Which is to say just bolt on parts. exhaust and cold air intake can custom; but are there any available aftermarket good extractors and intake manifolds?

Anyone has any positive comments to feedback?

btw my CJ has an sohc engine. wif auto trans. curious to know if any1 has done any conversions from automatic satrias to manual mivecs and have run into wiring woes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom