Misconceptions about HIDs & Projectors!

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Only cheap ass car such as the japanese use reflector hid as oem. Please tell me any european car came with oem reflector hid.
Nice selection of words... FYI... Many jap cars chose reflectors for styling purposes over cost savings. There are some that go for reflector for cost savings though. If all jap cars are really after cost savings, they wouldn't have opted to fix HID bulbs for the model. Halogens will do... And is jap cars are all out for cost savings, most of them wouldn't have build quality & reliability that equals or in most cases surpass european cars Pan-Europa.

Projectors are more expensive to manufacture. But the ratio of additional cost compared to the cost of the whole car would make much difference in a C segment onwards. If the difference is night and day, the Alza wouldn't have opted for projectors.

Piss off... WooopS! Sorry... Peace off.... :burnout:

trxx7989

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
KL
^pomen_GTR^ You were right bout it. During low beam-the cutoff plate stay, high beam-cutoff plate away. Most of the Bi-xenon have similar function but different design of cutoff plate.

Last edited:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Only cheap ass car such as the japanese use reflector hid as oem. Please tell me any european car came with oem reflector hid.
hi pan-europa, i'd like to tell you there aren't but there are,
the first-gen New MINI came with non-projector HIDs, which, i replaced mine to the facelifted projectors

even the older W210 and other Mercs had non-projector HIDs then

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

print out the pic outline that i wan cut

here is the sticker...

stick the outline pic on the sticker..& follow the outline cut..wif cutter

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience