Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Minimum fine for not having MyKad to be abolished
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/7/12/nation/14803850&sec=nation

Minimum fine for not having MyKad to be abolished
By ZULKIFLI ABD RAHMAN and MAZWIN NIK ANIS
PUTRAJAYA:

The Home Affairs Ministry is doing away with the provision for a minimum RM3,000 fine on those caught not carrying the MyKad.
Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Radzi Sheikh Ahmad said the move follows the public outcry over the penalty, which also provides for a ceiling fine of RM20,000 or a three-year jail term.

In future, the fine on offenders would be determined by the court, he said.
However, he clarified that the maximum fine of RM20,000 would remain.
“Section 25 (1) (n) of the National Registration Department Regulation 1990 (Amended 2001) will be amended for this purpose, and the Minister has the power to make changes to the regulation,” he said yesterday.
“The procedure to do away with the minimum fine is simple and can be done in a short time. Once done, the court will decide the quantum of the fine to be paid by the offender.
”However, the message we want to drive home is that every citizen must be aware that it is his or her responsibility to carry the MyKad.
“In a situation where a person’s identity is to be verified, MyKad can be used as proof of who they are,” he said.
The decision to impose a minimum fine for offenders was made in 2001 by the then Home Affairs Minister.

National Registration Department director-general Datuk Abdul Halim Mohamed was recently quoted in The Star as saying that those caught without their MyKad could be fined between RM3,000 and RM20,000.

Mohd Radzi said the Government felt it was timely to remind the public to carry their MyKad due to problems related to illegal immigrants.
“If you don’t have your MyKad with you, it can be assumed that you are an illegal immigrant,” he warned.
“People may think that once we do away with the minimum fine, many will not carry their MyKad. You can still be fined by the court, only the amount is different. It can be a hefty fine, depending on the severity of the case.”
At the Parliament lobby, Deputy Home Affairs Minister Datuk Tan Chai Ho told newsmen that the ministry was studying ways to streamline the procedures of MyKad applications and replacement.
Tan had earlier received a memorandum from MCA Youth, urging the Government to reduce the penalty for those found without MyKad or who had lost the card.
Tan said the ministry was aware of the difficulties faced by Malaysians who needed to lodge multiple reports with the police and NRD upon losing their MyKad.
He said the Cabinet, which was meeting today, would discuss whether those who lost their MyKad could seek a replacement from the NRD without lodging a police report.
“The present procedures state that one can go to the NRD to replace a lost MyKad without having to file a police report. But the police have stated that a report must be made,” he added.
“We will discuss with the Internal Security Ministry on standardising the identity card replacement procedures.”
MCA Youth chief Datuk Liow Tiong Lai, who handed over the memorandum, said:
“We urge the authorities to reduce the high penalty for not having the MyKad and also simplify the MyKad replacement procedures.”
Liow said the NRD would have details of the cardholder in its database and replacing lost cards should not be difficult.
at 2001, were we told about that ammendment? is it publish in the public media? I myself didn't read it.

about RM20,000 ceiling fine,

1. you can now sell your IC for not less than RM15,000, else you underquote the value of your IC.

2. get a loan to pay for fine, or go to jail for 3 years.

Is this Monopoly game (Moron Edition) rules?

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
it's just plain stupid. How do u expect a 13 year old kid to pay RM20 000 ? Rob a bank ? Take a loan like u said ? Ask parents ? If the parents are poor how ? Really stupid la the G

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
correct zephyr3d ...

ID card means "Identification Card" which proves that u are "u" .. otherwise u'll become INDON, BANGLA or INDIA MARI! ..

Some people doesnt know and respect the meaning of "WARGANEGARA @ CITIZENSHIP" .. because their dumb!

In my point of view most of the people who didnt carry out ID cards wif them are senior citizens and school pupils ... Its something like a burden to them.

Imagine if u stuck in bad accident or else, its hard to identify and becomes an orphan corpse :)

Please bring ID cards anywhere u go ... Such a RM50 card can put u paying RM20k!!! .. save RM20k and mod ure cars!

Cheers!

sonictheory

2,000 RPM
Dec 10, 2004
Selangor, Malaysia
Visit site
and alwiz bring ur ID card out, dun be a victim of police....

here's the story told by my fren,

one of his fren who attended NS just back from terrenganu, but unfortunately forgotten to bring back IDcard, so one nite fetching his gf back to home, kena block by police, who know din have IDcard, den check the car boot, saw the golf equipment (its his father car), so the police say u either must give me 3 golf rod(how to call it?) as they got 3 policemen there or give me rm1.2k each policeman rm400.., as the golf rod cannot be given to them as it's father's 1...so no idea, borrow money from fren...but only rm1k nia, nego with police, ok no problem, ask to meet up at shell, but 30mins din appear, call police, den change again to another shell....wait for 15min only the police appear...maybe they trying to see whether that "fren" got bring ppl come o not....

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
mmm... yah .tats usual of Malaysian Police :) not a new story for all of us ;) ..

I hate seeing police's face when i go out .. thats y .. i always alert and beware.

same to all guy!

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
It so funny how these people can release statements without thinking first. Announcing that one could face a fine of up to RM20,000 was just so stupid. It's like they make up the rules as we go alone. All this should have been properly planned and thought out in the first place.

^^TAKATA^^

Known Member
Dec 21, 2005
Act now think later= G's current policy... it's doomed from the beginning... stupid ppls got ntg else to do? noticed more n more stupid comments, plans and acts from G coming out in the newspaper nowadays.. sighz

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
zephyr3d and SG, i know the reason why we need carry ID card with us all the time, even making love. :biggrin:

what i complain about is the stupid ceiling fine of RM20,000 :argh:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,

Okay, today I am posting a journey taken back in CNY 2013..... yes, 2013. I have already posted this on my blog a few weeks back and finally got some time to share it in ZTH. Nasty html codes.... blogspot and zth uses 2 difference codes for their images.

Car was bought new and owner decides to give it a nice protection. After discussion on the pro and con of coating, he decided to jump into the bandwagon and give it a go.

Ok, don't want to talk gibberish too much. We move to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience