Michelin Pilot Sport 3

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
His was 195/50 R15, look at the label on the pics.

Hmmm, mine haven't yet.. haven't yet.. Now left side got uneven wear issue, just did alignment + balancing last week, we shall see how it goes.

Falken 912 quality quite crap..especially in wet. A far cry from PS3.

Nice price, izso :listen:
Ya, got other brands also. Only manage to check out on Falken...

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Good thing no cheap. Cheap thing no good. I think it is true that's why Micheline charges a premium for its tyres because loads of R&D to improve concurrently all the aspects. I learned that is their motto. Correct or not?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Good thing no cheap. Cheap thing no good. I think it is true that's why Micheline charges a premium for its tyres because loads of R&D to improve concurrently all the aspects. I learned that is their motto. Correct or not?
Problem is the price is increasing on the same product. Logic dictates that the longer an item is on the market, the lower the pricing

e.g. iPhone 4S price is now lower than it used to be when it first launch

I bought PS3 for RM220 in 2010, now the same item costs RM250!

Whereas for tyres, it seems the longer it gets the more expensive it gets! Maybe 10 years down the road we'll pay RM500 for 15" tyres!

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
As far as I know tech gadgets are generally decreasing in price because of fast product life cycle. However price of commodity like steel is ever increasing because of very high demand in many countries pushing the price upwards many times in a year, and steel is one of the expensive materials in making tyre, for example. That partly explain why we are paying higher and higher each time we change.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ixeo : Missed your pics, must've been blocked in the office when I replied.

I'm still contemplating between PS3 and Hankook. I don't really care for extreme grip anymore. I want quiet with reasonably good wet and dry handling. Ventus or PS3... that is the question.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Problem is the price is increasing on the same product. Logic dictates that the longer an item is on the market, the lower the pricing

e.g. iPhone 4S price is now lower than it used to be when it first launch

I bought PS3 for RM220 in 2010, now the same item costs RM250!

Whereas for tyres, it seems the longer it gets the more expensive it gets! Maybe 10 years down the road we'll pay RM500 for 15" tyres!

Bro, sometime other elements will causes the price go up such as rubber price went up compare to 2010 year & you know our MYR currency value drop as well. Just my 2 cents.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Price expensive for Michelin also is cuz of the quality of the tyres and also the popularity of it has always been good. I think is not the brand name that made it popular. Must be something good about it that people dont mind paying extra for premium tyres. Take PS3 for an example. An all rounder
tyres.

I still feel more confident using Michelin anyhow. Not sure why maybe from the 1st day I use it
till today, find it pretty good tyres. Falken ZE912 was still okay but then threadwear lifespan real low...also some feedback saying ZE912 quality dropped.

I'm still contemplating between PS3 and Hankook. I don't really care for extreme grip anymore. I want quiet with reasonably good wet and dry handling. Ventus or PS3... that is the question.
What we pay is what we get :biggrin: Pay Peanuts get Peanuts, :rofl:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Anyone who wants a good buy of tyres, is wise to visit ENEOS now. Saw some good prices for Falken ZE912 and also GT Radial Eco up to 16" also RM200+ per piece only. Conclusion, good price I would say...

Wanted to note down the prices but some ENEOS personnel seems to be eyeing on me already haha!
Can tell him taking prices for a friend mah.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

sharing,
bought ps3 195/55/15 at Hock Li klang, rm250 per piece.
contact 012-7056361 - Leong
free balancing..

**but i need to redo the balancing, service very poor. :banghead:
Better buy the tires only and fit at your trusted workshop.
If you fit the tyres elsewhere you will need to pay for mounting and balancing, unless they can give you cheaper price for cash and carry....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Can tell him taking prices for a friend mah.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

If you fit the tyres elsewhere you will need to pay for mounting and balancing, unless they can give you cheaper price for cash and carry....:driver:
"Eh what u doing there!? Spying on our tyres price ar? Ur friend use all those sizes meh? :rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That depends, maybe not too cheap.
I have used like Yoko S-Drive and GY GS-D3 which cost around RM380 compared to PS2 at RM700+ those days. Probably 85% of PS2 standard but cost almost 50% less.
Like now I have found GT Radial Champiro HPY at RM320, which are not bad in dry and especially wet, only slightly bumpy...:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

"Eh what u doing there!? Spying on our tyres price ar? Ur friend use all those sizes meh? :rofl:
Then tell them you will post in ZTH for the members, they may get better sales....ha! ha!:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I have used like Yoko S-Drive and GY GS-D3 which cost around RM380 compared to PS2 at RM700+ those days. Probably 85% of PS2 standard but cost almost 50% less.
Like now I have found GT Radial Champiro HPY at RM320, which are not bad in dry and especially wet, only slightly bumpy...:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Then tell them you will post in ZTH for the members, they may get better sales....ha! ha!:biggrin:
YA was thinking about that answer too :rofl:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Hmmm, that sounds a good bargain. But again, like many people say, value for money; however that 15% difference could be life or death in critical moment and value of life is more important. And again, if we drive slower in oppa uncle style that half price is very worthy.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Izso, no need think already, don't half way regret, sama-sama PS3 all the way!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hmmm, that sounds a good bargain. But again, like many people say, value for money; however that 15% difference could be life or death in critical moment and value of life is more important. And again, if we drive slower in oppa uncle style that half price is very worthy.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Izso, no need think already, don't half way regret, sama-sama PS3 all the way!
You just answered yourself. Whether they perform 100%, 85% or 70%, please drive within their limits. I do drive fast (turbo mah!) but depends on situation like whether rain or dry, road condition, traffic condition and so on.
If you notice many of the really bad accidents always happens in the wee hours after 2am or so. well, whether they are drunk, high or whatever reasons they were speeding over their limits to really smash up their rides in that manner.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You just answered yourself. Whether they perform 100%, 85% or 70%, please drive within their limits. I do drive fast (turbo mah!) but depends on situation like whether rain or dry, road condition, traffic condition and so on.
If you notice many of the really bad accidents always happens in the wee hours after 2am or so. well, whether they are drunk, high or whatever reasons they were speeding over their limits to really smash up their rides in that manner.....
Too good imagination kind of drivers that kinda forgot what ride they are driving....:rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Raw materials are expected to go up next year..crap. I better get the PS3s at 250 per piece while I still can

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
As far as I know tech gadgets are generally decreasing in price because of fast product life cycle. However price of commodity like steel is ever increasing because of very high demand in many countries pushing the price upwards many times in a year, and steel is one of the expensive materials in making tyre, for example. That partly explain why we are paying higher and higher each time we change.
You do realize iPhone 4S, also use alloy in its manufacture, along with other rare earth materials (Lynas anyone?).

Bro, sometime other elements will causes the price go up such as rubber price went up compare to 2010 year & you know our MYR currency value drop as well. Just my 2 cents.
Good point, commodity price go up, but I wonder, price go up, where all this money go? Last I remember O&G price go up, O&G companies reported huge profits. Rubber price went up by more than 2 folds in 10 years. I don't see the rubber tapper in the estate driving Mercedes Benz.

The prices does not reflect real life. lol. We're screwed I guess :rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Good point, commodity price go up, but I wonder, price go up, where all this money go? Last I remember O&G price go up, O&G companies reported huge profits. Rubber price went up by more than 2 folds in 10 years. I don't see the rubber tapper in the estate driving Mercedes Benz.

That one middle man make money. Tapper and farmer at beginning end always at their mercy.....:confused::banghead:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I settled for CDrive 195/55/15. RM245 per piece

My gawwddd.. supremely quiet. I'm in a different world now. Grip wise not too shabby too, on par with my older Federal 595 Evo in both wet and dry. Nice.

Couldn't be bothered going to Shah Alam just for PS3 at RM250. Not cost effective la.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
You do realize iPhone 4S, also use alloy in its manufacture, along with other rare earth materials (Lynas anyone?).

Now farmers are getting better life which the price of agriculture products are increase last year (2011) and end of this year (2012) price has been drop down, but still better than 199x years. Those companies profile went up due to the controlling price of the rubber are those funding instead of those rubber tappers. That why those companies making huge profile.

PS: Those funding never own a land nor have a single rubber tree.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur

94% of them are smallholders, mostly own a few acres of rubber plantation each, with monthly production of 1-2 tonnes. At RM3.00 per kg they sell to middle men, they make about RM3,000-RM6,000 a month, gross. They can't tap the rubber during monsoon season, sometimes go on for a month without work. Unless they own multiple rubber lands, we won't see rubber tappers drive expensive cars. But it is a far cry from previous decades when the rubber price was hovering at 60-70 sen. That was the hardest time of all. Anyway out of topic. LOL

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We had already taken a peek on how the guys with their naturally aspirated time-shavers lap the Sepang circuit, and they could really post some pretty impressive lap times. Especially those that run the Honda Civic FD2R, they literally dominated most of the top spots! But now, it is time to shift our attention and find out how the guys (and a girl) with some extra boost strapped to their engines and the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience