• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

jinkl

4,000 RPM
want to fit in a Metal Gasket Thickness for my 63t
what material is available and what should i use
i am not going to boost that high in the future maybe 1.2bar
what are the side effects of too thick gasket

so far im getting offer of 1.5mm MMC gasket for $380 is it priced properly ?

1.2 bar for VR4 is kacang putih.

1.5mm gasket for RM380 is quite cheap I think. Faster buy!!

Jin bro... the thickness of the gasket to use is actually quite complicated. That's why you can see varying thickness of gasket in the market. U know that it has to do with changing the dynamic compression ratio of your engine based on the tune. Anyway, to keep the BS short... not many mechs will actually take the trouble to find out your traget compression ratio against boost levels. So we just slap on the most logical one that can take resonable boost as well as dont compromise on low-end drivability.

Many types are available. Single layer, multiple layer, some even have special meterials in between the layers for better sealing for high boost application i.e. HKS and some even have exotic meterials for coating i.e. ceramic/graphite. There are different types as well. Stopper, bead, sheet and many other terminology.

Anyway, Yes a 1.5mm ones are suitable for our turbo intending to see 1+ bar of pressure. Try to get one with Multiple layer and make sure your mech knows how to install it. It requires a different type of sealant to ensure no leaks. RM380 is freaking good price man ... DO it!! Do it!!

EVO better don boost 1.2bar lah bro.....
buy 1.2mm metal head gasket n boost 1bar for ur evo enough adi....
its very dangerous if boost 1.2bar all day long.... ur conrod will patah anytime......
1.5mm metal head gasket install in ur car adi u will feel the car is very heavy if u boosting 0.7bar (original bar).......

if u change to VR4-RS block tat is ok n safe for high boost of course fuel pump hav to change also to make sure the fuel is enough......
fuel regulator n SAFC also......

me also got the same question..but im using gsr...currently using HKS EVC1, low set @ 0.8bar, high @ 1.0bar & manual @ 1.1bar...b4 setting the boost controller, i overboosted to 1.6bar...wah...dem syiok...so now backside itchy to up the boost to 1.5bar on manual setting...not constantly but once a while...

so wat thickness of the metal head gasket would be able to withstand 1.5bar?? 1.2mm?? 1.5mm?? will the loss in low end torque be very noticeable?? or just minor??

last time i asked for the MMC metal head gasket for 1.8T GSR is 1.5mm only... (Just 1size).......

Cause last time im using 1.8T GSR n using 1.5mm MMC metal head gasket n evo injector..... i found that i boost 1.4bar cant feel the power also...... the boost was not stable sometimes 1.2bar....... sometimes 1.5bar coz don hav external wastegate......

my foreman said that if u high boost need to port n polish then only u will feel the power of it......

momosard i guess , u r having boost cut .. thts y ah ... cant be becos p&p ma
i have to rebuild my engine sadly , so i am gonna throw in vr4 conrod and pistons .. wanna boost 1.2bar .. maybe later in life ::wink:: boost 1.4 and up hehehe

better way is using VR4 conrod n rebore EVO piston to fix in together with VR4 conrod..... to make it high compression coz VR4 piston compression is low compare to evo piston........

:o :o :o another rojak monster will be born :o :o :o

from KLANG!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

Originally posted by momosard@Feb 18 2005, 12:41
its very dangerous if boost 1.2bar all day long.... ur conrod will patah anytime......
i dun know bout this,but my fren evo6 'selamba' up boost 1.8bar everyday,normal drive 1.2bar,he got 2 hks ssqv put side by side,i c it myselft,brutal la...i dun know wat modification he has made but if u r planning to boost very high then slap in a thick gasket to lower down the compression...it is a must actually 4 anybody who wants to boost high...

Originally posted by momosard@Feb 18 2005, 16:38
better way is using VR4 conrod n rebore EVO piston to fix in together with VR4 conrod..... to make it high compression coz VR4 piston compression is low compare to evo piston........
erm kinda confused ..
im using evo block.. and want to use vr4 pistons n vr4 conrod .. not plug n play ?
kinda blur.. please elaborate.. thank you

Originally posted by man10681+Feb 18 2005, 19:09 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (man10681 @ Feb 18 2005, 19:09 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-momosard@Feb 18 2005, 12:41
i dun know bout this,but my fren evo6 'selamba' up boost 1.8bar everyday,normal drive 1.2bar,he got 2 hks ssqv put side by side,i c it myselft,brutal la...i dun know wat modification he has made but if u r planning to boost very high then slap in a thick gasket to lower down the compression...it is a must actually 4 anybody who wants to boost high... [/b][/quote]
huhuhu.. evo6 la fren.. got 2 ssqv and highboost.. dont tink he is running stock hehe.. INNOCENT OUTSIDE < DEVIL INSIDE

Metal gasket is the solution... even if high temperature also can take it for a while... not easy to blow engine in high pressure.... :)

only by calculation only can u get the thickness size required...there is no just hamtam what size u wanna put...if not ur engine migh be sluggish if too thick or too hi compression if ur gasket is to thin...

any recomendation for gsr?

im planing to used metal gasket but the thickness is the same with original thickness??

im running all stock with 0.7 bar for 2 years..

may i know what is the original thickness metalgasket for gsr ?

0.8?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom