Mercedes & BMW to Collaborate

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

I never saw this coming neither did I ever think it would happen. I always saw Mercedes & BMW as major rivals just as Mclaren and Ferrari in F1. Earlier this year, Mercedes gave a big no to some sort of a tie up with BMW, even while Daimler was eying MINI motors for its upcoming A and B-Class cars. But now, the two giant automakers are not only looking at cooperating on engines, but they could also be open to developing assemblies like axles, steering gear or drive systems.

It seems that the major driving force for the collaboration is to cut costs. In need of developing smaller cars to serve multiple purposes like meeting CO2 emissions and CAFÉ standards, putting on a green face for the public and of course, increase volume by selling more inexpensive vehicles, the collaboration will be beneficial for all, particularly the public as more economical, green, budget cars will be produced. A definite positive outcome in this age of global warming and green thinking, especially when all the blame is falling on automakers.

I believe that we would all, in some sort of way, like automakers to bring their own technology, ideas, and the intangible brand feel to its products. But now, with stricter legislations and government ruling, it seems that the only way for automakers to survive is by sharing technology or risk going out of business. We are not sure to what extend the Mercedes/BMW collaboration will be, but we are sure it will happen in some sort of way pretty soon.

Will we soon see an inbreed of a 1-Series with a B-Class? Nevermind how it will look like, imagine the BMW handling with Mercedes power and torque. One word; Perfection. And another, excitement.

Lean

UnderCoverProject Founder
Oct 30, 2006
KL
undercoverproject.blogspot.com
Wao, that's a awesome news to all the peoples out there now because they are coming out with more inexpensive vehicles which benefit many of us if we are on tight budget. One word, stunning.

<table id="post2680609" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="15" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt1" id="td_post_2680609" colspan="2">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
Audi is smiling hearing the news and come out with the slogan "We Stand Alone".

A Post Every 5 Mins

Hi all,

I have long seen this little interesting stuff and planning to get one myself of course with an alarm system itself.

So in case any of you do not realize what this is. It's called Electro Luminescent Indicator to be stick on window and it blinks gracefully when alarm is armed. Installed example below :

VIPER 620V DEI EL

Question, does this feature...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience